Sign in to follow this  
-Gews-

Armour inbound

I thought this was pretty damn funny and a rare sight in DayZ, too. :lol:

A couple nights ago I was bored and didn't want to spend hours running around the wilderness, so I hopped into a populated server intending to do some quick deathmatching in Elektro. Anyways, some guy on sidechat announced he and his squad were taking the Elektro church, so I found an Enfield and some ammunition near the hospital and was heading that way when I heard the far-off sounds of an engine coming from Otmel.

Soon enough I saw some dust clouds in the distance and the noise grew louder, it sounded like a very large diesel engine. As the unseen vehicle approached, I started to hear the clanking of metal tracks and realized this wasn't a normal vehicle...

I sprinted into an orange brick house only a few seconds before the vehicle passed down the street, catching a good look at it over my shoulder as I entered the doorway.

An AAV!

pV8uO8H.jpg?1

I remained hidden in the house and picked up some more Enfield ammo as I heard rifle shots ring out from the church, followed by the deep "boomboomboomboomboom" of the AAV's 50 cal and then many thundering blasts as the gunner sent dozens of 40mm rounds into the church.

Then the complaints started...

"There's a tank in Elektro!"

"Some dude has an AAV and just totalled the church"

"Someone's in a LAV"

Soon the admin chimed in:

"Who has the AAV? Is it an AAV or a LAV?

Random dude:

"I don't know? I can't kill him to see the name"

"It's an AAV"

Admin, in global voice chat:

"Whoever has the AAV, get rid of it. Just... drive it into the water"

Me:

"It's amphibious."

Admin:

"I know its capabilities, I'm just saying... get rid of it. That was supposed to be deleted."

More explosions and the sound of 30 tons of steel moving quickly through the streets.

After a minute or so...

Admin:

"Whoever has the AAV, get rid of it or I'm going to kick you"

Finally "our man in armour" spoke up and the admin asked him to lose the AAV.

Mr. AAV (southern English accent):

"This is a donator vehicle"

Admin:

"They were supposed to be deleted, we decided it was OP"

At this point Mr. AAV started to become quite whiny...

Mr. AAV:

"So what do I get for donating then? Do we still have Cobras?"

Admin:

"We still have Cobras, we deleted the Apache and AAV because they were OP"

Mr. AAV:

"So why can't I have an Apache?"

Me:

"Because it's a flying tank?"

Admin:

"Yes, we decided it was OP, the autocannon can kill anything in 4 shots"

Mr. AAV:

"So what do we get then?"

Admin:

"We're replacing the AAV with the BTR-90 for donators"

Mr. AAV then proceeded to sound quite indignant and woefully wronged as he deliberated on how to destroy the AAV.

Mr. AAV: "Maybe I can crash it into a helicopter"

Admin: "Try to roll it over on a hill"

Soon afterwards I quit the server... tanks and attack choppers... they talk about donator privileges, but I've never seen anything that bad! I particularly liked how one donator was boasting he didn't care about dying since he would respawn with whatever gear he died with... people called him out but he said "it's just a game, I'm only here to have fun, not try to be some hardcore player" and proceeded to put down what he viewed as the "1337" attitude of the DayZ forums...

Pshaw, working for gear... who need dat?

I hate this kind of nonsense. <_<

Edited by Gews
  • Like 12

Admin, in global voice chat:

"Whoever has the AAV, get rid of it. Just... drive it into the water"

Me:

"It's amphibious."

I got a good laugh out of that. Great post.

• Like 2

Me:

"It's amphibious."

Me:

"It's amphibious."

Me:

"It's amphibious."

:facepalm:

AAV for a BTR 90, take that in a heartbeat but, that is some extreme BS

You never disapoint me, Gews

This was an Rmod server right?

I guess so, not sure how else they'd get these vehicles. It was...

DayZChernarus - (1.7.6.1/103419) [REGULAR NP:OFF][GMT-6] Private Hive /Inc Vehicles / Increased Crash Sites / Heli Lift, Towing, and Dogs - Bloodred | DayZ.ST, 173.193.48.137:3136.

By the way I have a little something to add to this thread... same server. :D

Sorry for my frames...... best I can do... yeah.

Edit: just noticed I took out that last guy, thought I failed there ^_^

Edited by Gews

how can they call that a DayZ server, seriously? respawn with gear, tanks, attack choppers? That's not DayZ.. that's a monster.

also how would one go about killing a tank on the server, do they have rocket launchers enabled as well or do you have to donate or steal another tank/chopper to counter it?

Edited by Chris529
  • Like 2

also how would one go about killing a tank on the server, do they have rocket launchers enabled as well or do you have to donate or steal another tank/chopper to counter it?

Someone brought that up with the admin and there wasn't a clear solution, I don't know how it would work. Get an AH-1 Cobra, I guess... As for killing it, I have no idea apart from shooting at the tires. Ech.

Someone brought that up with the admin and there wasn't a clear solution, I don't know how it would work. Get an AH-1 Cobra, I guess... As for killing it, I have no idea apart from shooting at the tires. Ech.

that's probably why they had to change from the AAV since it has tracks and unless you hammer it with a ton of grenades you won't even tickle it. at least with the BTR 90 you can pop its wheels

that's probably why they had to change from the AAV since it has tracks and unless you hammer it with a ton of grenades you won't even tickle it. at least with the BTR 90 you can pop its wheels

And the gunner can't stay hidden inside the vehicle. At least they didn't spawn the variant with a 30mm cannon, PKT, automatic grenade launcher and guided anti-tank missiles. I still can't believe they made Apaches spawn... the admin said he took them out after a guy blew his tank up. :huh:

Wait...they got rid of Apaches but kept Cobras? Seriously? The Cobra can fuck more shit up than an Apache in my opinion. Sure the autocannon is 10mm smaller but it's got more hydras and better Air-to-Air capabilities. The Apache can take more hits, yes, but on DayZ that is not really an issue as there isn't exactly an overabundance of AA weaponry.

Edited by Pandema