dgeesio

Make private hives come under same rules as public for abuse

no what you dont seem to understand is you do not own the content ! you own nothing ! you are charging people for things you dont own !

the people who own the materials being sold are bi not you . all you do is pay for rental of a server and that is all.

so yes if it is wanted then server owners should get 0 because you own nothing you didnt create anything its in the game all you did was give people items that arnt yours to sell. if any money is to be made bi should get it not you.

Oh god, you're serious arn't you? Haha oh wow.

• Like 1

The hard truth is without the modified private server, dayz wouldn't be as popular as it is today.

When's the last time you saw a vanilla dayz server with people in it? It's pretty rare.

On my server we don't take donations as I'm against the "pay to win" theory.

However I do understand it.

And as far as "making" money on content you don't own"........

You obviously have zero idea how much it costs in money and time commitment it takes make to make a server successful........

Its like a freaking second job. And Dayzmod should cut me a check for hosting a server for them.

So if servers want to make some money to keep the servers up. ...... All the power to them.

• Like 2

I agree with that ^ and want to make a statement of my own. Changing a server actually adds variety I saw one server where almost every sniper was removed and people enjoyed that. Variety is needed for every game their is no denying that. I have seen failure servers who just don't advertise well enough and great server which have had hard work put into them. but some rules changes are needed to get it to work better and prevent abusers.

Hello there

AFAIK it's their servers their rules. BUT any server that sells kit for cash or has enforced donations should burn in damnation.

Donations are fine, but any folk charging for anything are strictly against the ethos of the game as a whole and I personally recommend avoiding them like the plague.

For me they are a blight to gaming. If I were in charge and there were a way to stop them I would. But some folk just dont enter into the spirit of things and like to exploit.

I'd love to run a server.

I cant afford to so I don't.

One cannot use the "servers cost money" excuse IMHO. For me it just doesn't wash.

This is my "moderator hat off" view and personal to me.

There's enough good servers out there that don't charge.

Use them.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 3

Unfortunately orlok is correct. Private hive servers are owned by the owner andwe have no jurisdiction over them. Rocket can only set rules for the main hive servers because they're connected to his hive.

I mean if you are going to make private hives go under the rules of a main hive, why not just have them buy a main hive?

I mean if you are going to make private hives go under the rules of a main hive, why not just have them buy a main hive?

Because you cant. Its a nonsensical point. Its called private for a reason lol.

FTR I dont use any pay to win / donator packages on my servers, but i dont entirely disapprove of the servers that do. Like its said numerous times private servers are run how the server owners want. If you want DayZ as vanilla and original as it can get go join a public official dayz hive server (the ones that aren't allowed to ban hackers). Lol.

Because you cant. Its a nonsensical point. Its called private for a reason lol.

FTR I dont use any pay to win / donator packages on my servers, but i dont entirely disapprove of the servers that do. Like its said numerous times private servers are run how the server owners want. If you want DayZ as vanilla and original as it can get go join a public official dayz hive server (the ones that aren't allowed to ban hackers). Lol.

Sure you can, I know people who own a server that is connected to the main hive. Are we talking about different points here?

Sure you can, I know people who own a server that is connected to the main hive. Are we talking about different points here?

I thought you were talking about making private hive servers follow official public hive rules... which just cant happen as the private servers are private...

If you are part of the public hive you have to follow a strict set of rules.

At this point in time the restrictions were made at the inception of DayZ and leave a lot of things out that have been developed since then such as various bug fixes, anti-hack and whitelisting, all which make server safer from hackers.

Without being able to effectively police the server it makes it pointless.

• Like 1

Clean your grammar up. I couldn't tell what point you were trying to make for most of that.

Also, your avatar scares the shit out of me.

• Like 1