HUNTER_II7

How do you change/select gender?

How do you change/select gender

First of all I have been apart of this DayZ mod for around 9 months, I have multiple servers where my humanity is below 500,000 or above 15,000 ... I a not a noob. I am asking this question because I finally got my GF to buy DayZ mod (she wanted to wait for the standalone) but I cant figure out how to make her character a girl. I remember way back when, every time you died and respawnd you were able to choose male or female but that no longer happens. I believe you are still able to change your gender even though online I couldn't find out how and I have not seen a female character in months. I am not sure if you have to do something special in Arma or just make a whole new player profile in Arma ect. But here is the reason why I think its still here:

Changelog:

1.7.5.1 : [uPDATED] - Gender selection images updated thanks Des.

1.7.4.4 : [NEW] Gender section screen thanks F0rt.

1.7.1.2 (Hotfix) : [FIXED] Gender assignment broken (working correctly)

1.7.1.1 (Hotfix) : Each time you start a new character, you will get the gender selection dialog. / [NEW] Can select gender for each new character

1.6.0 : You get a ONE TIME OFFER to change your player gender!

*EDIT - Added a picture of me from a PvP server where I have under -500,000 humanity so the bad kids will get on topic or leave. Here is the IP to the server as well: 173.193.202.109:3102

post-155941-0-97192300-1365802792_thumb.

Edited by HUNTER_II7
  • Like 1

I have multiple servers where my humanity is below 500,000 or above 15,000 ...

I don't think you can find anyone with a humanity of over 500,000...

People can have -500k humanity, why not +500k humanity?

1: Learn to read.

2: That's not the point of this thread.

3: Win.

Seeing as nobody is taking this seriously I will. As far as I know the ability to choose gender depends on if the server allows it. Some private hives have it disabled (I don't know why) and seeing as the only servers worth playing are private hives I spose your only option is to find a server that allows it.

• Like 1

Seeing as nobody is taking this seriously I will. As far as I know the ability to choose gender depends on if the server allows it. Some private hives have it disabled (I don't know why) and seeing as the only servers worth playing are private hives I spose your only option is to find a server that allows it.

Some servers have gender selection disabled because camo clothing and ghillie suits are not usable by female characters and it prevents people who don't know this from choosing to play as a female survivor and then complaining when they can't use them.

@OP - you'll just have to try a few servers and find one that allows gender selection.

• Like 1

Some servers have gender selection disabled because camo clothing and ghillie suits are not usable by female characters and it prevents people who don't know this from choosing to play as a female survivor and then complaining when they can't use them.

@OP - you'll just have to try a few servers and find one that allows gender selection.

I did not know females couldn't use those :3 Thanks for telling me this x3

Thanks to the people who actually answered the question I will go on a Public Server and see if it will let her choose and then let you guys know what happens. I will also ask my buddy who owns a server and see if it is an option to enable the gender screen and or force change a gender as the admin.

I play on a gender enabled server because my GF plays with me from time to time. I suggest you check if your server has gender selection disabled and move to another one, or deal with the fact that your lady friend will be manifested into a mans body. Sounds creepy, right?

So I'm running Dayz Epoch on my own server in my house on my LAN.  It's running nothing else.  I first installed v1.0.3 and now am running 1.0.4.2.

My server has never allowed gender selection by default.  I installed the plain vanilla Epoch straight from Github.  No modifications.  No one could explain why it didn't work under 1.0.3 so I gave up figuring it would self-correct with the update.  But I still have no gender selection under 1.0.4.2.   So how about one of those admins that have enabled/disabled it on their server let the rest of us know how to do it?  Being as it's running on my own server, I have access to everything.

Thanks.

Anyone know public, vanilla hive servers that have gender select?  I haven't found any.  And from what I hear, a server can't have both gender select AND spawn location select at same time.

On my server I found what looks like a gender selection screen dislpay conditional (dayz_DisplayGenderSelect).  It's in Dayz_server.pbo>init>compiles.sqf.  Around line 414 in the 1.0.4.2a code, the following appears:

if (!isNil "dayz_DisplayGenderSelect") then {
   waitUntil {!dayz_DisplayGenderSelect};

Problem is that I haven't yet found where that value is set or changed based on spawn-in conditions.  Not being too familiar with the Arma scripting tools, I don't know if there are global search tools that allow one to search across the PBOs into the .sqf files to find all instances of the variable.  Does anyone know of any debug tools that work with these scripts to set breakpoints and tracepoints?  At least I then may be able to figure out where the call is being made (and if it is even being reached) to display the gender selection screen.