Sign in to follow this  
diddums

Your "process"?

What do you guys do when you are a new spawn? Do you stay away from cities and try build up a bit of gear before heading into the more populated areas? Do you break your back trying to find a vehicle? What are your priorities?

Personally, as a loner, I look for a hatchet and some basic supplies. Food, water, bandages. Then I'll start moving into small villages where I can defend myself against zeds with the hatchet in the hope of finding something that fires bullets and hopefully isn't a makarov. Then I start focusing on vehicles. I'm yet to kill another player though so this is obviously subject to change as I evolve in the game.

GO!

quick question Diddums were you only able to play dayz recently?

Edited by nousernamehelp

didliums :lol:

No, I've only just recently actually given it a decent shot though and now I'm wasting my life away.

didliums :lol:

No, I've only just recently actually given it a decent shot though and now I'm wasting my life away.

k.

it depends on spawn point.

if in the east or center, i head for elektro/cherno, checking industrial spawns to get a hatchet first. then, residentials, church, store to get matches and knife. occasional check in fire stations for possible weapons, but not a priority. once i have aquired a hatchet, and possible knife + matches, i run north.

if spawning in kamenka, i head instantly north for Zelenogorsk, possibly checking map edge for tents and the frequent deerstand for military loot.

if spawning at krutoy cap, i probably will swim over to skalisty to check the chopper spawns and possible tents

Edited by e47

I try to get a hatchet, a water bottle, hunting knife and matches then I'm off into the woods. I used to grab guns in the beginning but I don't anymore, I still suck at shooting so I figured what's the use except looking more threatening to other players.

I don't seem to find a lot of bikes, only found two during my adventures but that's the only vehicle I want / need. I would fly helicopters but I always get killed before I can repair them. If only I didn't suck as much as I do, does keep it fun though.

• Like 1

Suppose Ive died last day and quitted the game. Today im wanting for regear and then go to my camp (at north). This is my process:

- BEGIN LOOP

- Suicide

- Suicide

- Suicide

- Suicide

- Oh, Electro!!

- Sprint, sprint, sprint

- Oh, industrial!

- Sprint, loot, get axe

- Sprint

- Supermarket, loot, backpack :D, food/drink, watch (for sure, always tones in there), with luck maybe a compass and a gun

- Sprint

- Hospital, loot, 3 blood bags, 3 morphines, 4 bandages, 3 painkillers, 1 epipen

- Sprint

- Firestation, loot, a weapon (whatever it is, I dont care)

- Die from KoS

- GO TO LOOP and repeat process

- If not dead

- Sprint

- Sprint

- Go North

- 25 minutes to camp

- Done!

Zombies killed: 0

Time spent: 10 minutes looting in Electro (if not dead), 25 minutes running, if dead, add another 10 minutes.

However, sometimes I just take my time, depending on how much leisure time I have.

I go to the nearest hospital to grab medical supplies and if it seems calm enough I will search for other supplies then hoof it inland. Usually the cities are filled with deathmatchers so i just grab my medicine and run for it and then find everything else along the way.

Totally depends on spawn..Kamenka I also do the deerstand--Zeleno--Pushtoska--Vybor-NWAF

If a Cherno/Electro spawn I do a quick run through town then Stary--NWAF

If a further east spawn then its up the coast to Berezino--NEAF

if i spawn south coast, balota, zelen, stary. if im still alive i'll choose either nw or ne airfield. if i spawn east coast, scholinski, berizino, neaf.

The basics

Msta (check for truck and tree stand)

Dolina (Check for truck and water)

The Factory (steal a jerry from the tractor, loot the factory for auto parts)

If none of the above pans out

The store in Polana

Check the Gaz and for auto parts in Gorka

On to my reliable UAZ spawn in Altar

From there, who knows?

I don't care where I spawn. Even if I end up in Kamenka I go to the 3 nearby deer stands for some stuff, then I'll head toward the airfield, then head to Cherno :D

Depends on where I spawn. I never suicide/respawn though.

- If near Berezino, loot the city, always industrial first. Then supermarket and hospital. The move to NE Airfield. Via Gvozdno --> Devils Castle --> Grishno --> NW Airfield, then to Cherno/Elektro

- If near Solnichy then I move to Msta, looting deerstands and all I can find, then move to Rog --> Elektro

- If near Kamyshovo then is Rog the first stop, via deerstands to Msta --> Elektro

- If in Elektro / Cherno then I stay there. Usually I check out prigorodki too

- If I spawn in either Kamenka / Komarovo then via deerstands to Zelenogorsk --> Cherno

- If i spawn in Balota, usually straight to Cherno.

On all occasions I make trips to NW airfield when I feel like its too boring (not enough friendlies, because I tend to heal/help) in the big cities,

Edited by Azziax

Depending on spawn points:

West of Cherno:

Balota

West Cherno

Stary

NWA barracks

Devil's Castle

NEA

Berenzino

try for an electro spawn get basic tools and hopefully a decent backpack and rifle not too fussed about z's as i dont engage them at all even with a hatchet. run to the hospital and grab some meds then start the long haul to stary checking for cars on the way

What do you guys do when you are a new spawn? Do you stay away from cities and try build up a bit of gear before heading into the more populated areas? Do you break your back trying to find a vehicle? What are your priorities?

Personally, as a loner, I look for a hatchet and some basic supplies. Food, water, bandages. Then I'll start moving into small villages where I can defend myself against zeds with the hatchet in the hope of finding something that fires bullets and hopefully isn't a makarov. Then I start focusing on vehicles. I'm yet to kill another player though so this is obviously subject to change as I evolve in the game.

GO!

Run north until I need a drink, find a drink and then keep running north!

Find hatchet. See what happens.

And an after thought. Don't commit suicide despite your spawn. You will waste more time dicking around than you could runnning somewhere. Kemenka is a good spawn...so good its not funny.

Edited by Trizzo

Totally spawn dependant, but I will always try to get morphine, painkillers and bandages as my first priority. This is pretty much the only reason that I'll go near any of the cities/PvP hubs.

If the surrounding area is quiet, I'll risk looting for longer to get a decent pack and possibly a weapon.

Next priority is the essentials:

- Knife

- Matches

- Hatchet

- Food/Drink

After that, I'll stay off the usual "Airfield Highways" and loot the smaller villages for more for/water/ammo.

Once I have an M1911 and a Winchester, I'm a happy camper and will wander the wilderness looting your camps. If the server gets busy or there's a lot of PvP in the area, I'll snag a Lee Enfield so I have a decent medium range rifle.

hmm I guess i am the only one who never go to elektro and cherno when freshspawned. I usualy heading to center of map, with shity gear and low on food and water its changing to survive there. I like being in places were you not expecting lots of people - it always make me think what to do if I met one in middle of nowhere. Shoot, get friend or just stay low and wait he leaves. Elektro, cherno or NWAF in 99/100 is kill or be killed.

Grab morphine as all those doors and 1 foot drops are brutal! Then look for the Knife/Hatchet/matches stuff and some water bottles and then head into woods and get lost (don't use maps etc) and just see where the game takes me. I never have used online maps so even chernarus gives me surprises every now and then. I tend to stay away from any major cities and never ever gone into stary (near it and heard shots and left it alone, yes i am a coward but also a survivor).

1) Find an hatchet

2) go for the nearest town (either Cherno/Elektro/Berezino)

3) get tools/food/bigger backpack/military weapons/blood,antibiotics,painkillers, morphine

4) Begin to play for real and wander around, possibly with a bicycle (easy to fix, silent, fun)

_Anubis_

Spawn >

Run to Biggest Nearby City > Get 2 Food and 2 Drinks (Preferably Water Bottles) >

Pick up anything and everything at the start and then drop unneeded things as I need the space >

Try to collect a backpack with 10+ slots so I can hold another gun, Toolbox, Matchbox, Hatchet, Map and Hunting Knife before I leave the city so I can survive >

Head to Stary and try and pickup any weapons >

At this point it depends on the situation at Stary, if I've got a decent weapon, something like an AK, Ill camp in the tree between Stary and Novy with a spare wheel and if the server is big enough a car will come through within 30 mins so I shoot out a wheel and repair it once I've made them leave through fear >

I'll now head around low traffic areas of the map looking for crash sites, storing as many Jerry Cans as possible >

If I get geared up from crash sites with something like a DMR or M24 Ill camp somewhere like NWAF or Stary and wait for well geared players, I don't shoot people with nothing I want thats not how to play >

By now I would of made a Camp if I hadn't already on the server so I'll start using a vehicle to loot the dead bodies I'm killing and storing guns in various camps around the map for safe keeping >

At this point if I haven't already found one my main focus will be a Ghillie, I'll get a quiet vehicle like a Bicycle and just check low population towns with plenty of spawns if i find some other clothing like Civ's then Ill just wait for a Ghillie to rob and force them to change it >

Before I bother start wearing the Ghillie I make sure I have silenced weapons for a bit of stealth >

At this point Ill try restore any lost humanity and gather tents full of cooked meat so I don't have to worry about >

Ill then start hording vehicles until I find a Heli or a Plane and by now I would of befriended people on the server so I have people to come with me >

Then I become bored and start hording stuff to be stupid like blowing up buildings etc.

No matter where I spawn, I try and make it to Elektro. Mainly because Cherno still gives me insane FPS problems, and I cannot determine why. On my way to Elektro, if I am coming from the west, I will stop by Balota or hit every near by Farm loot spawn on my way. Usually I will pick up at least a hatchet and a Winchester/Enfield which is really all I need. Then I will hit the fire houses in Elektro, in the hopes of finding either a sniper rifle, or a weapon with some kind of optics. If I find none of those, I will stick with my Enfield that I must have found by now. I will run through the supermarket, as well as the school/office building, and small houses and church to acquire a bigger pack, tools and some food/drink. From here I will go to the hospital to pick up one bloodbag and a few morphine/painkillers/bandages.

At this point, I will probably sit outside of Elektro and watch. Because that's how I like to play the game. I like to watch. If I deem the city safe enough, I will run in periodically to loot cycle the fire houses, and return to my vantage points until I see some prey worth stalking, or some bambies in need of aid.

I used to be afraid and care. Now I let the zombies kill me time and time again until I spawn in a place near Elektro/Cherno - fresh spawns has nothing to loose. I avoid firefights in PvP areas, unless neccesary. Once I got the basic survival gear, I am picked up by my friends in a vehicle and we head up north to loot parts for the car and gear. Possibly picking up other fresh spawned friends on the way.

On the side: I wish there was no vehicles in DayZ at all...