rocket

Pending Hotfix: Build 1.7.1.3

One problem I've been running into for multiply builds is when I go into a small town with 5 zombies and I accidently aggro one. I end up having to take out around 30 of them before they stop coming. Where did the other 25 zeds come from? It would be nice to know how many zeds are actually in a town before taking the risk of going there.

Me and my friend I play with have had weapons and other things (mags NV goggles and other things) disappear. don't know if this is a known issue or not.

hey man. i've heard of this happening a lot. Many people are spawning in the debug forest (just happeneded to me). have noticed that some people loot the bodies there so that may be where your stuff is going?

Azurestorms im doing exactly the same, work = dayz news - cool shit.

to all :

PLEASE STOP ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE ,,ETA/WHEN/WHY/IHAVECANCER?'

Rocket created this topic to get SHORT AND STRAIT FEEDBACK ABOUT BUGS and ur spamming it with ur bloody stories and whining, if u wont help, dont make it harder at last.

PLEASE READ 1st POST and DONT WRITE IF U DONT HAVE ANYTHING NEW TO SAY.

soz for offtop and gramma, i'v just read 25 pages and cant belive ppl stupidity...

Not to seem ungrateful or negative or anything. But would it not be wise to release the fix for the current crippling bugs before working on other things?

Alpha is for 'things', Beta is for bugs. We are in Alpha.

The spawn rate of the infected should also be tweaked. It takes just a few seconds for them to respawn when you take one out. And they still spawn too close to the player imo.

Not to seem ungrateful or negative or anything. But would it not be wise to release the fix for the current crippling bugs before working on other things?

Not really criticizing your methods' date=' you're the boss afterall. Just seems a little counter-intuitive to be fiddling with more than is necessary in a hotfix. All these late nights to please the minority who cant just enjoy what we have must be taking a toll, no?

[/quote']

This is a pure bugfixing and balancing update, there's no new functionality at all. Only one item is a slight extension.

Game is currently unplayable with melee weapon bug d/cing everyone can you just fix that soonish so its at least playable until you upload all these other changes?

The spawn rate of the infected should also be tweaked. It takes just a few seconds for them to respawn when you take one out. And they still spawn too close to the player imo.

Agreed. Cleared out zombies around a couple of barns on way in, back by time I left first barn, cleared again, back 60 seconds later as I left second barn. AND I saw them spawn this time, about 5 metres away outside the door I was exiting. Not ideal!!! But I do like a challenge...

maybe fixing the inability to place tents? after about 30 mins I was only able to place 4 or so tents and in terrible locations.

Alpha is for 'things'' date=' Beta is for bugs. We are in Alpha.

[/quote']

Yeah yeah alpha etc. etc. That one got boring a while back.

Alpha isnt much good when you cant test for more than a couple minutes at a time. People are just rolling back to 1.7.not2, which then achieves about as much as not playing.

Game is currently unplayable with melee weapon bug d/cing everyone can you just fix that soonish so its at least playable until you upload all these other changes?

+1

I appreciate every bugfix, but please release the melee-item fix asap. It causes even the best servers to crash after 10-15 mins.

hi rocket , i posted a bug reported 2 days ago about bodies of shot players disappearing into the ground within seconds of being killed making them unable to be looted. I wondered if you took note of that.

ooo, loot getting rebalanced? what does that entail?

Not really criticizing your methods' date=' you're the boss afterall. Just seems a little counter-intuitive to be fiddling with more than is necessary in a hotfix. All these late nights to please the minority who cant just enjoy what we have must be taking a toll, no?

[/quote']

This is a pure bugfixing and balancing update, there's no new functionality at all. Only one item is a slight extension.

Fair enough then. Get some sleep!

ooo' date=' loot getting rebalanced? what does that entail?

[/quote']

Lots of tears if high-end stuff is reduced. So let's hope for that.

* [FIXED] Hunger and Thirst no longer continue to drop while you are offline (only ingame time counts)

Could you please explain the reasoning behind this change?

From an immersion standpoint this feature meant that your character "lived on" even while you were offline. Just concealed and all ninja-like.

From gameplay standpoint it just meant you had to log out with spare water/food. Not that hard.