LancerG2

Hero and bandit leveling.

This suggest basically adds more to the hero and bandit. When you are branded with a hero title you automatically get a bullet proof vest and a plaid shirt. This provides buffs compared to the bandit. However a bandit only gets a shemagh. Just a scarf for the appearence. So why don't we add leveling? If you reach to a certain set of humanity you get certain items.

Hero leveling

Level one humanity: 5000

Award: Tranquilizer pistol.

This item is automatically given to the player. While only holding a few rounds ammunition is retriveable. The darts that are fired from the gun are able to knock out an enemy while not killing them and affecting your humanity. The gun does absolutly no blood damage whatsoever. The gun only holds one round in the chamber and is also silent. Only being able to hear it from 10 metres away. A valuable stealth key and one that a hero deserves.

7500 humanity awards you with the level two hero item.

Award: Speed ability.

This perk allows you not only to walk faster but sprinting becomes faster. This way provide useful for the awkward bandit encounter or hostile survivor encounter. (Taken from the mod). Stamina regains quicker than average survivor meaning quick short sprints can make it easy to flee from others.

10000 Humanity awards you with the level three item.

Award: Bullet proof vest.

This bullet proof vest has been buffed slightly. While still not taking blood loss or damage shock is still present however instead of only blocking the M9 and Makarov it will have a resistance to most pistols* and buckshot shotguns at a further range. The hero is able to take of the vest and plaid shirt however if dropped it may posses the risk of other people taking it. If you die though and somebody else posses the vest they can keep it. You can earn the vest again however so there is no need to kill the previous player who stole your vest.

(*Revolver and any other high power pistol like the S&W 500 I suggested will punch though the vest easy).

Now for the bandits awards.

- 5000 humanity awards you with the level one item.

Award: shemagh.

The classic bandit headgear/scarf/thingy. It may be taken off but players can still tell if you're a bandit with the heartbeat checking. The shemagh will also provide some camoflauge but not much compared to the ghillie suit.

- 7500 humanity awards you with the level two item.

Award: Blood boost

Raises the amount of the bandits blood from the traditional 22k to 25k blood. Since the hero has his bullet proof vest the bandit needs his perks too. So the usage of extra blood means if you're in a brawl with a hero and you kill him first you will still have enough blood to make it out alive.

- 10000 humanity awards the player with the level 3 item.

Award: Kukri

Melee weapon. Unlike the survival knife it comes with a step up. It does more damage, It's a bigger knife, Unlike the hatchet it kukri can kill in 2 hits on a player (loss of cripple effect) but it results in an insta-kill on a zombie. It has a faster swing rate than the hatchet or crowbar making it an ideal melee weapon. Given to player when reaching the humanity level.

Feel free to post opinions of this idea. Or ideas on leveling or just if you hate this or like it.

Written by: LancerG2

Edited by LancerG2

i think in the current state of the mod, the levelling for bandits needs to be alot lower. most bandits i know already have like -100k humanity, and it would just encourage people to be assholes as it would make banditry even easier. also, what's the point in being able to take off the bullet proof vest and the headscarf? surely all bandits would just take off their headscarves so people wouldn't know they were bandits? and why on earth would a hero take off his bullet proof vest? other than that, i like the idea of perks and advantages for being a good guy. personally i dont think there should be any of these for being a bandit as they get all the gear and loot from those that they kill.

I think the hero ideas sounds alright but I think the extra blood for the bandit may need to be changed.

what's the point in being able to take off the bullet proof vest and the headscarf? surely all bandits would just take off their headscarves so people wouldn't know they were bandits? and why on earth would a hero take off his bullet proof vest?

1. Combining headscarf + Bullet proof vest = Win

2. Suppose as a hero your trying to defend somebody and trying to get them to safety so you give the vest to bambi

3. Bandits are ment to look like a terrorist/bandit/wtf. A kukri would be a big and scary knife that comes from India. I think it suits them just fine.

What happens when their inventory is full?

What happens when their inventory is full

The newly earned items are dropped on the ground. So if they forget then the too bad. Free stuff for the taking.

So I have 40k Humanity on Public Hive... what do I get? A freaking mech? Not complaining if I do...

3. Bandits are ment to look like a terrorist/bandit/wtf. A kukri would be a big and scary knife that comes from India. I think it suits them just fine.

Actually, it comes from Nepal. Nepal was one of the first countries British colonizers gave up on; the number of decapitations per minute the kukri could score made colonization pointless.

• Like 1

Actually, it comes from Nepal.

Comes from Nepal, but most of the copies you'll find nowadays are Indian and of sub-par quality. The high-quality pieces are still Nepalese and are very fine... Tora, Himlayan Imports, etc.

Some day I'll scrounge for a Dui Chirra:

toraoffduichirrabrmcsx7.jpg

Actually, it comes from Nepal. Nepal was one of the first countries British colonizers gave up on; the number of decapitations per minute the kukri could score made colonization pointless.

Good work. A+ (Beans for you).

No perks please, play as you are. Your only reward should be surviving the day. Having perks "forces" players to play a certain way to gain benefits. Most people IRL would just try to survive and stay out of other peoples business anyway. There might be a couple of bandits but a hero is even less common because there are even less people who would stand up for others than people bullying other people like we already have IRL.

• Like 1

Bandits get to hide their backpacks, that is a pretty big perk when being prone on the ground :)

No perks please, play as you are. Your only reward should be surviving the day. Having perks "forces" players to play a certain way to gain benefits. Most people IRL would just try to survive and stay out of other peoples business anyway. There might be a couple of bandits but a hero is even less common because there are even less people who would stand up for others than people bullying other people like we already have IRL.

Are you implying that we remove all features that heroes and bandit posses. No.

Good work. A+ (Beans for you).

:D

It's funny, because that's pretty much what has been suggested for Standalone.

• Like 1

So that means REMOVE THE HERO AND BANDIT OUTFITS TOO! I think thats going to upset a lot of people.

IT's been a stated intention for a while.

That said, the way that clothing works in SA. The "bandit/hero-skin" thing would be pointless.

So that means REMOVE THE HERO AND BANDIT OUTFITS TOO! I think thats going to upset a lot of people.

I haven't seen a lot of backlash from it. It just makes sense, obviously if clothing customization is added then we probably won't be seeing these skins. Id be pretty happy without a humanity system, adds tension.

items should not be given based on actions. it should be if you have a good eye. there will be clothes and whatnot so no more hero/bandit skins

my problems with it is that it will force players to choose a certain play style if they want something

Edited by HashSlingingSlasher192

I always thought this was a simulator, I suppose magical kukri could turn up in your backpack somehow :\

• Like 1

With the introduction of clothing items ( one of them are vests ) bandit clothing and the hero armor are obsolete anyway since everyone can wear any type of clothing and carry armor without playing according to a script to get those perks.

you shouldn't recieve anything for being a bandit that is going to assist you or this game will turn into a KoS CoD fest with everyone wanting the blood boost, i play as a bandit but i do that because i dont trust anyone unless im speaking to them on TS or Skype if you pose a threat to me no matter how small i'll take you out, adding incentives to being a bandit is just going to make any interaction with players impossible. i like the origins idea of different levels of skins. also if you play braking point you'll know that the taser is anything but silent haha

• Like 1

you shouldn't recieve anything for being a bandit that is going to assist you or this game will turn into a KoS CoD fest with everyone wanting the blood boost, i play as a bandit but i do that because i dont trust anyone unless im speaking to them on TS or Skype if you pose a threat to me no matter how small i'll take you out, adding incentives to being a bandit is just going to make any interaction with players impossible. i like the origins idea of different levels of skins. also if you play braking point you'll know that the taser is anything but silent haha

Well that's not really banditry, that's killing out of fear. Some kill out of habit or out of the desire to kill even if they were surrounded by zeds and have to work together they would still shoot eachother if they survive or even before that...

I don't really like the hero/bandit stuff anyway. If you kill people you kill people, if you don't you don't. Team up with who you want and survive.

Well that's not really banditry, that's killing out of fear. Some kill out of habit or out of the desire to kill even if they were surrounded by zeds and have to work together they would still shoot eachother if they survive or even before that...

with a humanity of -260000 on my previous server i do shoot for the love of killing players also, but only if they are armed