Sign in to follow this  
djzombie

Standalone - Gun Stores / Police Stations

Was wondering about the severe lack of police stations and gun shops in the game. Both locations would be the best spots to find weapons and ammo.

Has it been said that they will be in the standalone?

Standalone? What standalone?

dayzdev.tumblr.com

Edited by djzombie

Was wondering about the severe lack of police stations and gun shops in the game. Both locations would be the best spots to find weapons and ammo.

Has it been said that they will be in the standalone?

I haven't read anything about this. They're adding more buildings overall, with HUGE expansions on Chernogorsk and Elektrovdsk expanding west, so maybe new loot-friendly buildings will spawn?

Although realistically, these places would be cherry picked already.

• Like 4

Your signature is great.

• Like 1

Yeah they would be cool, but please, put them in the center of a city, dont put them like the apartments, i dont want to get sniped from 100000000000000000000000000000000000m away...

Gun stores should have their Ai survivor crew like in real life they would be the only ones to survive lol This would make it hard to acually get in and loot.

I wonder if those buildings would be still filled with stuff...even the last grain of dust would have been taken away a long time ago when the outbreak began. Isn't a gunstore called black market in Russia? :D

Edited by Enforcer
  • Like 3

I like the idea but I think it needs a little work:

1. Gun Shops

• The Largest Gun stores should be located in the four major cities, Cherno, Elektro, Berezino and Zelenogorsk

• Smaller Gun Stores are sparsely located in major settlements and/or towns

• Gun Stores are generally looted to begin with, most of their glass is shattered. One or two gun stores could however be unaffected (mostly real small time stores)

• Gun stores hold "Civilian" firearms only, mostly low tier shotguns and hunting rifles or handguns (Double Barrel, 1866, CZ-550, Lee Enfield and Revolver) at higher chances than finding in normal residental housing but at a high chance of it being looted sooner.

• Gun Stores would also house other important supplies such as Compass's, Maps, Backpacks, Hunting knives, Axes and Machetes in addition to Survival gear

2. Police Stations

• The Police Headquarters (being the largest police building) should be located in one of the four major cities or which ever one is deemed as the "capitol of chernarus"

• Sister stations (smaller in size but acting as secondary headquarters) should have one station for each major city for three out of four.

• A number of smaller police outposts should be located in various areas at major settlements

• Police Stations hold the most in terms of medium to high tier "civilian" loot with a low chance to spawn low tier military loot.

• Civilian weapons include: Makarov, 1911, Revolver, CZ-550 and Lee Enfield

• Military weapons include: G17, M9, PDW, MP5, Remington 870, M1014, AK-74, AKS-74, AKS-74U, AKM, M24, SVD

• Apart from specific facilities within a station, they should spawn mostly residental loot, occassional equipment (such as maps, watches, compasses, water canteens, chemlights and flares) with a rare chance to spawn medical loot (such as morphine, painkillers and epi-pens)

• Like 4

Why not add a gunstore in Myshkino, Bor, Guglovo, Tulga and Gvodzno? Did i miss one?

Gun stores should have their Ai survivor crew like in real life they would be the only ones to survive lol This would make it hard to acually get in and loot.

Unless it is player-made it will not happen.

What I want to be sure of is that every building can be entered, even if empty. The diversity of buildings is secondary to the realism of the existing ones. Still, if there should be more kinds, I would like to see banks, pharmacies, restaurants and some stores for clothes, furniture etc. What would be their loot value? Not much, but doesn't it strike as odd that there is none arround?

Ps Could we get the developer's office premices with the infected developers inside? If the game turns out kaka I know where I would be camping ;)

dayzdev.tumblr.com

Seems that the troll succeeded!

What I want to be sure of is that every building can be entered, even if empty. The diversity of buildings is secondary to the realism of the existing ones. Still, if there should be more kinds, I would like to see banks, pharmacies, restaurants and some stores for clothes, furniture etc. What would be their loot value? Not much, but doesn't it strike as odd that there is none arround?

Ps Could we get the developer's office premices with the infected developers inside? If the game turns out kaka I know where I would be camping ;)

Although i do like the idea of tons off different building types i don't think this rural area will have any type of restaurant like we have in our western "civilization". This country is one of the most remote regions of the virtual ArmA world, you can't expect an infrastructure like ours, the pubs in Cherno or Elektro are already luxurious for their standards. Same goes with Takistan which lies in the highlands a Pakistan/Afghanistan type state. No subways, no McDonalds no nothing.

Yeah they would be cool, but please, put them in the center of a city, dont put them like the apartments, i dont want to get sniped from 100000000000000000000000000000000000m away...

Sir, thats is impossible, Chernarus is on 11 klicks long.

I guess they can make change in the building since sometime town and city look the same with the same building and same color etc.. This idea with other building would make the map more realistic. Those new building would be rare but make the map look better and refresh it a bit since right now everything look the same....

At least the map right now have more different building that warz lol (in every town same building everywhere)

Sir, thats is impossible, Chernarus is on 11 klicks long.

The joke, You don't get it...

Although i do like the idea of tons off different building types i don't think this rural area will have any type of restaurant like we have in our western "civilization". This country is one of the most remote regions of the virtual ArmA world, you can't expect an infrastructure like ours, the pubs in Cherno or Elektro are already luxurious for their standards. Same goes with Takistan which lies in the highlands a Pakistan/Afghanistan type state. No subways, no McDonalds no nothing.

At most you can probably expect to see one or two restaurants in the major cities and maybe some some cafe's or greasy spoon diners. Their equivelant of fast food from my experience, comes mostly in form of crepes called Blini's or Blintz from a food chain called Teremok.

I think there should be security measures in the building though, where you may need something other than hovering your crosshair over the armory and opening the door. It should require something else, such as a key or an explosive on the door. Even if you manage to get it open, odds are only two to three weapons will spawn in there at one time, along with the rest of the possibilities you stated, Draco. How 'bout it?

I think there should be security measures in the building though, where you may need something other than hovering your crosshair over the armory and opening the door. It should require something else, such as a key or an explosive on the door. Even if you manage to get it open, odds are only two to three weapons will spawn in there at one time, along with the rest of the possibilities you stated, Draco. How 'bout it?

Indeed, some security measures I could foresee are iron bars along the windows or reinforced doors. Some could also be located as a basement shop, one entry in or out and if it's locked, the chances of getting in and out unscathed are extremely slim. Alarms in the major cities could further enforce the idea, tripping an alarm could attract every infected within a 100 metre radius to that location and would serve as a sign for any bandit or survivor too.

Some requirements like you stated could enforce a certain tool to break in. The somewhat useless crowbar could have a function here as a simple means to break in but at the cost of a severe penalty of an alarm going off or making alot of noise. Explosives are the quicker option but have an even worse effect than the crowbar. Perhaps a set of Bolt Cutters or even a Blowtorch could be carried as a requirement for entry.

• Like 1

banks would be cool for the vault, master locksmith requirement to open it and set a combo. it would just be a nice place to setup a safe place, kinda like a prison too.

I'd imagine a group of bandits would just raid the gun store/police station and take everything for themselves.

Of course a good way to prevent this is to add security measures the building and make it overrun with zombies.