Sign in to follow this  
Imafighter

Longest gone without seeing a player?

Mine has been a while, back when they still had L85s with the thermals. I ran around the west side of the map, scouring for tents and vehicles. Saw nobody.

Ages ago I was a crusty old hermit who lived in the Northeast of the map, I would trickle down into the airstrip during off-hours and occasionally head to Berezino to stock up on meds. In this time I could go so long without seeing another player that I felt like I was the last man alive. I. Am. Legend.

• Like 2

Ages ago I was a crusty old hermit who lived in the Northeast of the map, I would trickle down into the airstrip during off-hours and occasionally head to Berezino to stock up on meds. In this time I could go so long without seeing another player that I felt like I was the last man alive. I. Am. Legend.

Ah yes... When you reach Olsha or even North of it is really like that. Not even loot spawn there :(

_Anubis_

Ah yes... When you reach Olsha or even North of it is really like that. Not even loot spawn there :(

_Anubis_

Quite a lot of people actually set up camps and stash vehicles at Guba. Someone stole my bus a while back and I found it way up in the forest there the next day. xD

I played last nite with a buddy for about 3 hours and saw no-one. Went from elektro up through to stary and across to berinzino. Not a peep. So boring :(

On the public hive when I first started, I used to avoid high population servers due to hackers. With ten or less players, sometimes I could go a week without coming into close contact with anyone. After a long period of monotony, you usually get a good rush of adrenaline when you finally come across another player unexpectedly. However, waiting a week for a two minute fire-fight became a bit too extreme and boring.

On high population servers, with 40+ players, it becomes too difficult to bother collecting gear for your tents or to repair and hide a vehicle (especially when you'll only manage to keep them for a day or two), so it becomes a bit too PvP orientated for my taste. I never really get the same rush on these servers because you always expect to bump into someone.

The server I play on (WIREWORLD UK) is capped at 35 players, which I think is perfect for Chernarus. It gives you plenty of space to build camps & repair vehicles whilst still having a good chance of coming into unexpected contact with other players. Of course, finding other players in the hotspots is quite easy if you want some straight-forward PvP.

Edited by Anti

When I first started playing I would go hours without seeing anyone...

... now I still go hours without seeing anyone. I just hear a gunshot and this pops up-

you-are-dead_zps6c33bd7c.jpg

will this bug be fixed in the next patch?

• Like 6

Back in June I want to say of last year. My friends would always get shot down by anyone so we started playing on German servers at night, so no one was on ever when we got on. This went on for all of June, and some parts of July. I remember that because we celebrated 4th of July on NW Airfield with chemlights and road flares. Now I hate doing that, it is cheating and just plain boring, I prefer playing with a decent player count. I love the thrill of hunting the baddies, I feel like a predator from the movies.

Quite a lot of people actually set up camps and stash vehicles at Guba. Someone stole my bus a while back and I found it way up in the forest there the next day. xD

This. So many camps have been found here.

SpGj5dn.png

Ah yes the Northeast area of the map. My home base for camps all over the place. Its funny how long I kept tents in my favorite snorkeling lake. BTW: you can still place tents underwater, and that makes them a serious bitch to find. Also their are a few "great" small gully's 25-30 meters southeast of the tractor spawn located 200 meters southeast from the NEAF. These have all been great camps for many months at a time.

BTW: you can still place tents underwater

I thought that even if you manage to place them, they got deleted on server restart though?