Sign in to follow this  
sindrings

Performance issues

Hey, I was wondering if anyone could help me with my video settings? (: I want as much FPS as possible.

I got a i7-2630QM CPU 2.00 GHz, 6 gb ram and a geforce gt 540 cuda 1 gb card.

Was hoping there is something i could do to run dayz better :) some tweaks, or maybe a program that can help or something. ANYTHING :)

Thanks.

there's a few guides already around the forums mate, check out the troubleshooting section of the forum

I will have a look.

I tried to use ramdisk, but cant understand what to do when i get to the six update part...

First thing, do not down load any programs that claim to boost FPS in DayZ.

Key stealers are rife.

Guides can be found on these Forums for most subjects concerning DayZ.

http://dayzmod.com/f...ly/#entry271288

How many fps are you getting ?

Read the Stickies, use the Search Function.

Trouble goes in Troubleshooting.

When gaming on a laptop,always make sure: Control Panel---> Power options--->High performance, and play with powercord plugged inn always,

Laptops have this powersaving features, we dont want those to kick inn while we play.

If you can disable the Intel HD Graphic 3000, do that, you only want the nVidia GT 540 when playing. Look for that info in the nVidia controlpanel.

For ingame settings start with medium/high, easy on the antialasing and shadows, and you might wanna lower youre screen resolution too for moore smooth gameplay... google is youre friend

thanks everyone!

i get like 20 fps...

It's because you have a 2Ghz CPU and a mobile 540, that laptop will really struggle with modern games.

Maybe this will help though...

First make sure post-process effects and anti-aliasing are disabled in your graphics settings, they eat a lot of FPS. You'll probably get better results with shadows set to high as it puts the load on your graphics card instead of your CPU and everything else should be set to normal or low, play around with it and see what works best for you.

Then I would try disabling hyperthreading and changing the following values in your ArmA2OA.cfg...

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

Also, you might benefit from running DayZ on a virtual drive using your RAM with RAMDisk because of the slow HDD. It's relatively easy to set up, you should be able to find tutorials on YouTube. You could also move some of ArmA 2's .pbo files to the virtual drive, you'd see a bigger increase in performance, but it's a bit more tricky to set up.

thanks, mZLY :)

But i cant understand what to do at the end of the ramdisk tutorials, when i get to the six update part i get stuck:/