Sign in to follow this  
KA4LxTITANx

Cap Galova Bandit Camping

So, I'm rolling in a group of 4 including myself. We have been pretty geared up (although we took a pretty bad hit last night), we still have some decent equipment: ~1 M107, 2 DMR's, several assault rifles, and a couple cars. We did have an mh-60 (night hawk heli) but last night we were shot down by the admin and their group. We want to bandit people but not just to be a dick so we dont want to camp elektro and kill fresh spawns but we don't want to camp the nwaf bc most of the time people do avoid it (as it is a high populated server), and when people go their they usually discretely sneak in so it would be quite boring for a long time. Our first thoughts were to camp cap galova and either just hide in the mountain towards the bottom and shoot up cars or place a bunch of tank traps on the road by the bridge to force them off the road and have us be under the bridge to ambush them. But the admin and his group have been camping the lighthouse at cap galova with sniper rifles and a heli. (FYI there is like 6-7 of them and half stay at the lighthouse and half hide within the mountain so it's nearly impossible to counter snipe them, we learned that last night when we went on the mountain and sniped 3 of them only to have 3 more shoot us right in the back with DMR's on the mountain) so I have two questions: 1)how would you take down this group at the lighthouse and please be very specific in tactics and where to go and what weapon each person would have (also try to play out a scenario with 4 people since that's what we have), and 2)How would you bandit camp cap galova assuming we ousted the admin from there, and if not where else would you go to bandit people that have good gear i.e. not fresh spawns like elektro.

THANKYOU in advance!

Your Fellow Bandit,

Michael

Well, that sounds like a pretty good set up to me. You need to be sure everyone on your squad is a pretty good shot, first and foremost.

I'd recommend coming down the mountain from behind them using solid cover all the way down with a 50m spread between you - that allows for a pretty good range of movement and flanking opportunities. You want to take the Mountain guys down first, because then you're still in solid cover from the light-house. After you clear the hill, you'd want to try and encircle the light-house and get multiple firing points on it, don't all shoot at once either, have one or two guys fire and then wait for a while ( In cover ofcourse ) and then have guys fire from another direction, wait until the light house guys expose themselves and open 'em up.

I'm aware that's not very in-depth...but I've only just woken up and it's what I'd call a decent start to a plan.

• Like 2

1.) take a good look at the map and the terrain

2.) Select your route in to your proposed firing point

3.) Stop short of your proprosed firing point and scout it

4.) May i suggest you split into two fire teams (providing you have adequette numbers)

5.) Once you're in your "stop short" position and are happy, then begin your approach to your proposed firing point using the terrain.

6.) As vDarkStar suggests' keep good spacing between each of your team members

7.) If you have a new spawn suggest they travel by the targeted location and see if they come under contact

As for the Lighthouse itself. It could be a good idea to have an LMG (SAW/M240/MK48) to suppress that position once your are ready to assault .

Edited by B()we

If your that geared you'll have m9 sd so head up into the mountain first and try to execute atleast 1, they'll be on ts but they won't know where bullet come from so you have a good advantage, take them out and then as said above get a LMG to supress the lighthouse and when they stand up just kill them with a DMR.

I would say get a crew in a boat to come up from behind the light house and get them from the water

whats the server + timezone, im willing to come along for the fun

AS50 + DMR + Ghille with usual rangefinders etc

Likewise. I can bring the troops!

• Like 1

The server is called "Emerge Gaming" if you use DayZ commander just filter Emerge and refresh all servers. It is a United States server and you can also go to EmergeGaming.net for their server ip's.