Hesson

FAL mags...

DMR mag = FN FAL mag

same round, same clip size, please make them interchangable

Good sir, you just ninjaed my thoughts I had yesterday when finding FN FAL in downed chopper.

Since original FN FAL ammo is so rare,only spawning at downed choppers I believe, I also think that FN FAL definitely SHOULD accept DMR mags.

Its same caliber, same size, it would really help users of this awesome gun to enjoy it a bit rather then just going through 2 mags and then throwing it away.

DMR mags are also not that uber common so I believe this would not cause any massive unbalance or something.

FN FAL is great rifle, it has 7,62 caliber but only 20rounds in mag, please allow it spread its love more often!!!

Same round and capacity yes but it is a different magazine, the M14 does not take FAL magazines and vice versa. Maybe have FAL mags have more of a chance to spawn on military zeds or something?

A better solution would be a distinction between the number of magazines and the number of bullets that you have, so that a weapon will always have at least one magazine that you could fill again and again.

Another game's alpha implementation

This would make shotguns more realistic and more useful with their internal magazines.

Same round and capacity yes but it is a different magazine' date=' the M14 does not take FAL magazines and vice versa. Maybe have FAL mags have more of a chance to spawn on military zeds or something?

[/quote']

On the other hand G17 takes also M9 magazines and PDW takes G17,M9 and even MP5 magazines, so why couldnt FN FAL accept DMR mags? Same caliber, same bullet count....so there is really no reason why it couldnt happen.

And yes you are right the mags are not the same shape-wise, but as I've pointed out, there are already guns in game doing this magic (g17,pdw,BAF AS50).

I find DMR mags allll the time so it would make sense.

The FN FAL is such a great gun, even without a sight!

It shoots flat as until about 300m

That's the kind of reasons why I'd love to have magazines and ammo boxes separated.

An empty clip can be refilled with an ammo box of the correct calibre.

So basically you'd need to have magazines for each of your weapons, and an ammo boc of each needed calibre.

Agreed Deuzerre.

The current ammo management system for Arma has not changed atall (as far as I know) since the first time I played OFP 10 years ago! TIme for an overhaul.

I really do concur with this. I had a FAL for a while and loved it, maybe one of my favourite guns that i've tried so far. But the lack of available ammo meant that I had to give it up for something with a more common magazine type.

Can m107 mags be found in deer stands?

I really do concur with this. I had a FAL for a while and loved it' date=' maybe one of my favourite guns that i've tried so far. But the lack of available ammo meant that I had to give it up for something with a more common magazine type.

Can m107 mags be found in deer stands?

[/quote']

yes, with just shy of a 1% chance

Being latest victim of this incompatibility of mags I must +1 this suggestion. I finally found a crash site (first time, ever, around 70h of dayz I imagine) and was bit disappointed to the overall yield but happy with the fal. That is, right until I tried to fit DMR mag in it.

I found one lousy mag with the gun which makes it pretty useless.

why dont you just use an m14, longer zeroing and very common ammo, as well it works well in cqb.

why dont you just use an m14' date=' longer zeroing and very common ammo, as well it works well in cqb.

[/quote']

Because we want to use FN FAL, you know, the rifle that is also in the game.

It would be bad for the game if people used 1 - 2 weapons only...diversity is the spice of life/game.

So yes please make it that DMR could be converted to FN FAL magazines, same as M1911 and Colt .45 works now!

i just found a FN FAL and the one with the nightvision sights. please make more ammo available for them : (

Same round and capacity yes but it is a different magazine' date=' the M14 does not take FAL magazines and vice versa. Maybe have FAL mags have more of a chance to spawn on military zeds or something?

[/quote']

Exactly - Same round, different magazine... Its a sacrifice you need to make in order to use a high grade mil weapon....

People can use the AS50 thing (that british 50.cal) now, I am pretty sure most of us would consider that a high grade military weapon. You can find ammo for it in DEER STANDS, albeit with a very low chance. Still, Id love to meet a hunter that shot stuff with a .50 cal.

Dmr mags = FnFal mags. I want it.

Instead of hasing specific mags for this weapon with the same caliber as this gun and the mags dont go in eachothers mags, just have 7.62 20rnd mags, 5.56 30rnd mags and 9mm mags etc. etc. how bout it? (sorry for grammar, eng is not prim. lang. and its late :P)

UP UP UP!

Just found a fabulous FN FAL (without scope, its better!!). We need DMR mags compatibility, please Rocket.

This should be a really easy tweak in the weapon configuration.

Think you in advance Rocket :)

100% agreed. Why not just add the basic Fn Fal to the base military loot table. It's basically m14 aim, just without the scope.

I just lose 6 FN FAL mags due to inventory bug.

Yeah six.

I am left with one.

One FN FAL mags for two rifles.

Hours of heli farming wasted.

Please ROCKET hear our prayers!

Make it that you can combine DMR mags into FN FAL mags.

BTW I really find FN FAL a great weapon. It is straight Enfield upgrade with great crosshair aim goodpower great acurracy and rate of fire. Just love it.

Omg! Six mags!

That's why I always abandon stuff on the ground before performing bag transfert or wood collecting.

BTW I'm getting more informations about crash sites to get few more mags.

Yeah I know that. i was just switching between normal FNFAL and one with night vision and stupidly assumed that mags will stay in their place. Huge mistake.