Sign in to follow this  
delta5

noob needs input

So I finally got a good system down for getting start but I have these issues.

1. I either find lots of car parts or soda/bandages

2. I cant find morphine or food

3. Should i just head north from the start or what?

Thank you for any help.

Depends where you start. I usually head towards cherno or electro, whichever is closer. Yeah its dangerous, but you can get all the starting gear you need.

If my spawn is nowhere close to either of those, respawn via the nearest zombie

1. Don't pick up car parts unless you're really geared and wanna make some sort of camp/base, have 3-4 bandages, 2 sodas is enough to have with you.

2. Morphine isn't something you really need, if zombies are hitting you a lot you're not doing it right. Run into a building, preferably with stairs, and then take them out. Food shouldn't be that hard to find, not sure why you're having trouble with that. If you got wood and matches you can make a fire and cook raw meat from animals.

3. Yes going north can decrease the risk of dying, the question is if you wanna run possibly for an hour just to find some shiny weapon? What are your objectives anyway? Would help if you elaborated on that.

1. Don't pick up car parts unless you're really geared and wanna make some sort of camp/base, have 3-4 bandages, 2 sodas is enough to have with you.

2. Morphine isn't something you really need, if zombies are hitting you a lot you're not doing it right. Run into a building, preferably with stairs, and then take them out. Food shouldn't be that hard to find, not sure why you're having trouble with that. If you got wood and matches you can make a fire and cook raw meat from animals.

3. Yes going north can decrease the risk of dying, the question is if you wanna run possibly for an hour just to find some shiny weapon? What are your objectives anyway? Would help if you elaborated on that.

I just want to get a good grip on this. Reason I want morphine is I find zombies breaking my bones in one hit

Edited by delta5

I just want to get a good grip on this. Reason I want morphine is I find zombies breaking my bones in one hit

Zombies should not hit you at all! I mean, it happens to me too but i rarely find they break my bones unless i've gotten under a certain blood level. Simply run until you get to a building then take the zombies out. For morphine check the hospitals, there's one in elektro and i think cherno has both medical tents and a hospital.

• Like 1

Zombies should not hit you at all! I mean, it happens to me too but i rarely find they break my bones unless i've gotten under a certain blood level. Simply run until you get to a building then take the zombies out. For morphine check the hospitals, there's one in elektro and i think cherno has both medical tents and a hospital.

I try to hit them with the axe as they're running up to me but sometimes it seems like it is a miss or I need to hit them 2 times. I am getting better. My last play would have been 4+ hours of survival but the indicators glitched and I had no idea I was bleeding until my vision started to go blurry.

Your legs could break at any time. A fall, a gunshot, a zombie hit. You could be vaulting over a fence or walking on a rock. Legs break all the time in DayZ. It's a good idea to keep at least one morphine on you in case of emergency.

• Like 2

Avoid killing zed at all costs. Gun shots are the best way to get bandits hunting you.

Edit: unless your using a hatchet...

Don't pickup car parts unless you have a tent...or even a working vehicle for that matter. For food, circle a town before you even try looting. Circling a town will garuntee at least 3-4 cans of food spawning before you waste time running into empty loot zones.

Edited by Raged

Avoid killing zed at all costs. Gun shots are the best way to get bandits hunting you.

Edit: unless your using a hatchet...

Don't pickup car parts unless you have a tent...or even a working vehicle for that matter. For food, circle a town before you even try looting. Circling a town will garuntee at least 3-4 cans of food spawning before you waste time running into empty loot zones.

I made it to a military installation by the coast and just as I make it up to the tower 3 other players run threw grabbing everything and leaving. :(

I wanted to cut myself...

• The only time you want car parts is if you've secured a car and need to repair it.
  • Only kill zombies if cornered and have no other choice, they are not worth wasting ammo on or even risking hatchet killing as that exposes you to damage. Just avoid them, run away, break line of sight and then move away behind another building/obstacle.
  • Try moving slower around zombies and stay low if you dont want a chase.
  • Food can spawn in most spawn points i beleive, if you see an animal, kill and gut, collect meat, cook at earliest opportunity, keep some handy to eat and some in backpack. You need a hunting knife, wood pile and matches to make a fire to cook it, if you carry a hatchet you can harvest a woodpile in the forrests by chopping some trees.
  • If you want morphine or medical supplies you need to loot a hospital or medical tent, theres plentiful meds in there....but watch out as other players with itchy trigger fingers usally need morphine too and they dont like sharing.
  • Dont cut yourself if you see people grabbing all the loot for themselves......instead why not purpotrate some robbery and murder? Such activities may be frowned upon but you will feel a tinge of excitment as you go through all their gear and if you had the drop on them; no-one need ever know it was you! teeehehehe ;)

• The only time you want car parts is if you've secured a car and need to repair it.
  • Only kill zombies if cornered and have no other choice, they are not worth wasting ammo on or even risking hatchet killing as that exposes you to damage. Just avoid them, run away, break line of sight and then move away behind another building/obstacle.
  • Try moving slower around zombies and stay low if you dont want a chase.
  • Food can spawn in most spawn points i beleive, if you see an animal, kill and gut, collect meat, cook at earliest opportunity, keep some handy to eat and some in backpack. You need a hunting knife, wood pile and matches to make a fire to cook it, if you carry a hatchet you can harvest a woodpile in the forrests by chopping some trees.
  • If you want morphine or medical supplies you need to loot a hospital or medical tent, theres plentiful meds in there....but watch out as other players with itchy trigger fingers usally need morphine too and they dont like sharing.
  • Dont cut yourself if you see people grabbing all the loot for themselves......instead why not purpotrate some robbery and murder? Such activities may be frowned upon but you will feel a tinge of excitment as you go through all their gear and if you had the drop on them; no-one need ever know it was you! teeehehehe ;)

Right now I dont have a weapon lol. Besides that im trying to avoid being a bandit.

I made it to a military installation by the coast and just as I make it up to the tower 3 other players run threw grabbing everything and leaving. :(

I wanted to cut myself...

To start go to hunting stands and barns I dont bother with military loot on the coast as it is often rare and bandit infested, get yourself a shotgun or enfield and head north.

Edited by sirinon
  • Like 1

Enfield is by far the most underrated weapon in the game... Shoots flat out to 300m or better. Stick to the farms and fields and you can't go wrong.