Sign in to follow this  
jay8454

Stop the awful changes!

Can't even get a drink without a zombie attaching! When zombies would spawn before out of nowhere at least I had 3-5 seconds to get down before they see me. Now it F*****ing ridiculous!

Zombies spawn in buildings...! REALLY! CRAP!

Wow!, and I am still starving, to quote a saying by John Wayne, "IT'S GETTIN TO BE RE-GOD-DAMN-DICULOUS!

Who is the moron that keeps making this game more and more unplayable!?

Srsly' date=' take a break.

[/quote']

I agree its not a released game you are a tester if you cant handle it get out of the kitchen

I hate to use the catch-all expression that "it's alpha," but...

The purpose of alpha, at least for rocket, is that he is not finished putting all of the features he wants into the game. Part of that process involves testing features and seeing if they are fun.

Temperature was one of the big issues not so long ago, and when it got added in it was so aggressive that players were forced to focus on staying warm constantly. After a bunch of complaints that it was just annoying, it was muted to the point that unless the player is standing still in the rain, or running around at night while wet, its not much of an issue. It is now an interesting facet, but more in the scope of what seems right for the game.

This process is going to repeat many many times and it is up to us to offer support and respectfully point out flaws in the new additions. Asking rocket to just quit improving his game this early on is just wrong.

I hate to use the catch-all expression that "it's alpha' date='" but...

The purpose of alpha, at least for rocket, is that he is not finished putting all of the features he wants into the game. Part of that process involves testing features and seeing if they are fun.

Temperature was one of the big issues not so long ago, and when it got added in it was so aggressive that players were forced to focus on staying warm constantly. After a bunch of complaints that it was just annoying, it was muted to the point that unless the player is standing still in the rain, or running around at night while wet, its not much of an issue. It is now an interesting facet, but more in the scope of what seems right for the game.

This process is going to repeat many many times and it is up to us to offer support and respectfully point out flaws in the new additions. Asking rocket to just quit improving his game this early on is just wrong.

[/quote']

Thank for the normal reply. My favorite thing is zombie avoidance! Because I work hard to get my ammo and weapon I have. It just seems now you can't avoid the buggers!

I would agree with the OP. one thing is getting the game reallistic and not "exploit/hack/cheaters/buggers-friendly", the other is making a bad decision that makes the game unecessary hard.

For exemple: the fact that we start without a gun!

Really, if this game is supposed to be "reallistic" we would be given a background, like: "you were a farmer, that was doing your daily work and suddenly boom, zombie apocalipse", so, based on this backgroud, some stuffs like: the spot you spawn, the stuff you've got with you, etc, would be explained, y'know?

But, what we can do, at night(cause Im one of the guys that can only play at night), without a gun, a flashlight or any light-source?

It's ok that we have to start from zero, but not from -10. =)

P.S.: Im no t bitching or complainting, Im just posting my opinion, that must be taken in count as an OPINION!!

I would agree with the OP. one thing is getting the game reallistic and not "exploit/hack/cheaters/buggers-friendly"' date=' the other is making a bad decision that makes the game unecessary hard.

Really, if this game is supposed to be "reallistic" we would be given a background, like: "you were a farmer, that was doing your daily work and suddenly boom, zombie apocalipse", so, based on this backgroud, some stuffs like: the spot you spawn, the stuff you've got with you, etc, would be explained, y'know?

But, what we can do, at night(cause Im one of the guys that can only play at night), without a gun, a flashlight or any light-source?

P.S.: Im no t bitching or complainting, Im just posting my opinion, that must be taken in count as an OPINION!!

[/quote']

check you pack, you start with a flashlight...

I would agree with the OP. one thing is getting the game reallistic and not "exploit/hack/cheaters/buggers-friendly"' date=' the other is making a bad decision that makes the game unecessary hard.

[/quote']

Obviously this is a survival simulator and in order to survive you must adapt the the current situation. Adapting to not having a weapon or zombies being more alert to be honest for me it adds the the fun of the game. Being forced into a situation which requires logical thought in what my next move is going to be and not frantically running around guns blazing, defines a realistic simulator. To be honest in my opinion you should start with nothing. In a real world who carries a flash light, bake beans and a bandage on them in the first place?

Obviously this is a survival simulator and in order to survive you must adapt the the current situation. Adapting to not having a weapon or zombies being more alert to be honest for me it adds the the fun of the game. Being forced into a situation which requires logical thought in what my next move is going to be defines a realistic simulator. To be honest in my opinion you should start with nothing. In a real world who carries a flash light' date=' bake beans and a bandage on them in the first place?

[/quote']

I carry a flashlight, knife, and multi-tool with me at all times. And i have a signal mirror that fits into a credit card slot on my wallet.

The first three are surprisingly useful in everyday life and the signal mirror is more of a "why not" and can be used to annoy friends by flashing them in the eyes =D

The can of beans does seem a bit unusual though, I have to agree.

Pfft, everyhouse and shed has a weapon in it. Every stick and curtain is a potential moveable lightsource. I can make a club from a tree in 180 seconds with no tools, a broom handle or mop makes a dandy spear and a tied on crosspiece a zombie stopper. Stick him and run, the protuding piece of wood will slow him down, and you could easily carry 4-5, more if you a smart enough to make a quiver, so yea, the game is unrealistically hard. You can't cover all improvised weapons but Molotov cocktails, instant zombie torch for those dark nights, just stay ahead of him. By the way, my car has a 3 day supply of food 2 knives, a hundred foot of rope, and a Leatherman in the trunk. Plus a 20 lb bag of cat litter for winter. Paranoid? Just prepared.

It's what I was trying to say.

THe background. From where you came?

YOu suddenly drops on a city.

If you came from another city, certainly you've got some more items with you, otherwise you wasn't able to make your way to Chernarus...

It is a simulator indeed and must be threated as one, but if your are open for exceptions, some of them would be welcome'd too. You were not a inhabitant of that city you start in, so, you didn't came from your normal life to the zombie apocalipse. This is what Im trying to say.

Add some background, so we can choose with wich items we begin! Of course, before I knew that empty cans can be used as distraction, the lack of guns made me crazy, but it is good for the new players. =)