Sign in to follow this  
edzus234

Trpping over while sprinting

I think this idea of zombies and survivors tripping over while running or sprinting could be great, it would add more realism to game.

This mainly could happen at fields, like tripping over a small rock.

And what do you guys think about it?

• Like 2

This would add a level of realism. but maybe balance it out to only happening when you are looking back behind you too much?

• Like 2

You know, theres a real fine line between realism and pure annoyance. Have a guess what this is.

• Like 3

If something like this was to be implemented it shouldn't be chance based. Falling over should only occur when certain conditions are met. There should always be something to trip over if a stumble occurs, like a tree root or a rock for instance, and your character would have to be running for them to be distracted enough to not watch their step.

Whether falling over because of an object like a tree root causes permanent injury could however be chance based. Just falling over doesn't always cause an injury. However, running on slippery or uneven surfaces almost never fails to trip me over if I'm running and not watching where I'm placing my feet. Therefore I think it would be justified to always trip players over when the pre-defined conditions are met.

It's not a bad idea, because it would introduce a new way for players to injure themselves and make the environment even more dangerous and realistic.

• Like 1

This is a horror movie cliche. Tell me how often you see people tripping over just from running. Not very often. The human body is actually very well coordinated. Unless you are a utter fool it is unlikely you will trip unless you run into something like a large branch. The ideal of zombies tripping is good there since they probably lost a lot of their coordination

This is a horror movie cliche. Tell me how often you see people tripping over just from running. Not very often. The human body is actually very well coordinated. Unless you are a utter fool it is unlikely you will trip unless you run into something like a large branch. The ideal of zombies tripping is good there since they probably lost a lot of their coordination

You'd be surprised...

Ever see those "store owner shoots back" videos? In many cases the thugs are tripping over themselves scrambling for the door.

I can just imagine.

*Running from zombies. Trips*

DERP.