r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.7 Patch

Hey R4Z0R, I (and I'm sure many other people) are faced with a dilemma. Very limited internet. Downloading heaps of patches and updates can be a problem, and with the SA just around the corner, I wanted to know, how internet hungry will the SA be? And if you can, a rough estimate on how big the Steam download will be.

Thanks

Just confirmed it. Sleeping provides a chance for curing Infection. So, antibiotics are not required, guys. Spread the word.

I guess hes looking at code :-)

• Like 1

I guess hes looking at code :-)

That's allowed, right? Normally I would have kept it to myself, but with the amount of tears...

Hmm, but couldn't I have just figured it out ingame? Or... does it not actually work? It looks like it does...Admittedly, I don't know what the 'random' actually does, ie whether it's inclusive/exclusive.

lol yes it is. Random picks a number from 0.00 up to 15.00 if its below 1.00 your get cured.

While I have you, I've been looking at the infection code, and correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to be based on how much blood a given player has. Wouldn't it therefore be a bit strange if people are claiming a higher rate of infection on the first time they get hit? Functionally it doesn't make any sense- so are they just fudging the truth to make themselves look better?

These lines:

_rndInfection = random (_damage - _bloodPercentage);

_hitInfection = ((exp _rndInfection) > 1.25);

I'm a bit confused what they do. Sorry if I'm being a bother.

That is also correct. There's a little more to it but yea that's the idea

1.7.7 is a piece of shit - this game evolved and people are not looking for forest marathones anymore. WE ARE MOSTLY LOOKING FOR CONTACT (with guns). With this version its running through the forests with no point. Boooooooring! ;)

ps. say whatever u want about survival type of the game, u can force everything - people just won't play it ;)

• Like 2

with no back knowledge of code in any way really, im just stabbing in the dark here, but is the random infection line allowing for the infection to have a random chance of catching EVEN if your blood is high, if so could you not just trim that variable so the random risk off of any individual hit is just ever so slightly less, and maybe make it like a 1 in a 1000 chance if your blood is higher than 10,000?

1.7.7 is a piece of shit - this game evolved and people are not looking for forest marathones anymore. WE ARE MOSTLY LOOKING FOR CONTACT (with guns). With this version its running through the forests with no point. Boooooooring! ;)

ps. say whatever u want about survival type of the game, u can force everything - people just won't play it ;)

I'm sorry you feel that way. DayZ isn't and never has been focused on PvP as far back as I can remember, and unless that stance has changed officially since then, I'm sure someone will correct me. There are plenty of games out there that handle PVP combat already- but DayZ is unique in the way that it creates a truly immersive survival world. I urge you to try DayZ the way that's it meant to be played and really sink yourself into the world. You'll thank yourself for it.

• Like 9

The patch got tested by a lot of you guys before it was released.

If that was the case things wouldn't need to be "tweaked" you would of already had it at the right percentage, the fact that you need to tweak the infection chance means that you didn't throughly test it. The same thing with you saying you wernt happy the way the tackle system came out yet you still shoved it in half assed. If you're not happy with the feature or how it works it shouldn't be in the live version.

Edited by Chaossound
  • Like 1

I'm sorry you feel that way. DayZ isn't and never has been focused on PvP as far back as I can remember, and unless that stance has changed officially since then, I'm sure someone will correct me. There are plenty of games out there that handle PVP combat already- but DayZ is unique in the way that it creates a truly immersive survival world. I urge you to try DayZ the way that's it meant to be played and really sink yourself into the world. You'll thank yourself for it.

It was never and it won't be ever immersive survival world unless the zombies act like they should. People still run through the buildings loosing them easy as f*ck. That's why I wrote post scriptum. This game evolved to PVP and people are looking only for that. Heros are called pussies (they really are) and they're the first targets for everybody (even for guys with a hatchet). So open ur eyes and see how it really is - don't dream. I'd like it to be full survival but it's not. Play style is a key thing here, IT EVOLVED BAD WAY

Edited by hinduqsh
  • Like 1

with no back knowledge of code in any way really, im just stabbing in the dark here, but is the random infection line allowing for the infection to have a random chance of catching EVEN if your blood is high, if so could you not just trim that variable so the random risk off of any individual hit is just ever so slightly less, and maybe make it like a 1 in a 1000 chance if your blood is higher than 10,000?

I'm not 100% sure about this, but if my math is correct I think it's literally impossible to get infected from the first hit. I don't know for sure about any subsequent hits without doing the math again, but if I'm correct, and it is indeed impossible, that discredits a great deal of the complaints that have been posted in this topic, since many of them started with 'I got infected the first time I got hit!'

@hinduqsh

That's a bit of a turnaround post for you, since your original suggested pretty clearly that you thought that this game was suddenly anti-pvp, pro-survival (living in the woods) and you were adamantly against that kind of thing. Blankly criticizing and demanding the development of a game completely change course to suit uninteresting, bland desires isn't conducive to creating an immersive survival game. With the help of the community, DayZ can form itself into a true survival game. And this is a good first step. Functionality before looks. That's how games are made.

• Like 1

If that was the case things wouldn't need to be "tweaked" you would of already had it at the right percentage, the fact that you need to tweak the infection chance means that you didn't throughly test it. The same thing with you saying you wernt happy the way the tackle system came out yet you still shoved it in half assed. If you're not happy with the feature or how it works it shouldn't be in the live version.

Just going to point out it wont be removed nor will it be nurfed. Tackle i don't like the front hitdown i'm going to try and change this to a stumble. Infection is to remove the random system and add in food/water/temp.

• Like 2

thing is just as many do play it for pvp so your point is as valid as his. denying pvp the game will quickly dwindle.

Uh, the "Save" option makes me want to cry, I forgot it exists and get things scattered all over from where I took them from.

Uh, the "Save" option makes me want to cry, I forgot it exists and get things scattered all over from where I took them from.

Sorry man, but that makes no sense.

Not sure if this has been reported and unfortunately I don't know how to recreated (I do know roughly what time it happened and so facopter is welcome to try pull it out of my log files)

but I had an issue where an entire player was dupped infront of my eyes, on my own server. We were both on teamspeak. I was able to loot the body (exact same loadout as my friend). Studying the body said it was unknown killed by unknown. The body was floating in the air, upright.

Happened in the supermarket in Berizino.

Food for thought.

It was on one of the later beta patches, so could be related. 105785.

Edited by IMF2000

Not sure if this has been reported and unfortunately I don't know how to recreated (I do know roughly what time it happened and so facopter is welcome to try pull it out of my log files)

but I had an issue where an entire player was dupped infront of my eyes, on my own server. We were both on teamspeak. I was able to loot the body (exact same loadout as my friend). Studying the body said it was unknown killed by unknown. The body was floating in the air, upright.

Happened in the supermarket in Berizino.

Food for thought.

It was on one of the later beta patches, so could be related. 105785.

Same thing happened to me .

I was loading the game and later i disconected just to rejoin few seconds later .I was able to duplicate my character six(6) times in front of me and i was able to loot it aswell.

Same thing happened to me .

I was loading the game and later i disconected just to rejoin few seconds later .I was able to duplicate my character six(6) times in front of me and i was able to loot it aswell.

This is being looked into.

could someone tell me the commando for the crashsite without grass and where to add it?

its an server linked to the official-hive.

thx

dayz_server\compile\server_spawnCrashSite.sqf

look for

//_clutter = createVehicle ["ClutterCutter_small_2_EP1", _lootpos, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

//_clutter setPos _lootpos;

change to

_clutter = createVehicle ["ClutterCutter_small_2_EP1", _lootpos, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

_clutter setPos _lootpos;

• Like 1

dayz_server\compile\server_spawnCrashSite.sqf

look for

//_clutter = createVehicle ["ClutterCutter_small_2_EP1", _lootpos, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

//_clutter setPos _lootpos;

change to

_clutter = createVehicle ["ClutterCutter_small_2_EP1", _lootpos, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

_clutter setPos _lootpos;

This doesn't work..... All it does is spread the loot extreamly far away from the crash site, at least thats all it done on both of my servers. Nor does the watermark server name.

Edited by Bondue

To the guys having FPS problem's, does your FPS drop every 10-15 min's to around 15 FPS then back to normal after around 30 sec's, that's what's happening my end...

To me it seem's the re-spawning of certain item's maybe causing this frame rate drop...

Edited by Flying On Fumes
  • Like 2

"What I like the most" ?

Nothing.

What I hate the most:

Zombies knocking down

Zombies aggro easy

Zombies nearly impossible to loose, chasing you for 2km

Zombies giving infection, leading to death because of lame loot (antibiotics in this case)

Shitty f*cking patch.

• Like 2

"What I like the most" ?

Nothing.

What I hate the most:

Zombies knocking down

Zombies aggro easy

Zombies nearly impossible to loose, chasing you for 2km

Zombies giving infection, leading to death because of lame loot (antibiotics in this case)

Shitty f*cking patch.

These posts annoy me and look i hate to be blunt but....

You obviously don't know how to play the game.

Last night i had a quick play so I ran around Berezino with a hatchet for 45 mins (i found plenty of guns too). No infection, no knockdowns, aggro lost in buildings, 25 zombie kills. Didn't find any antibiotics but i don't need them yet.

The trick is to avoid or kill them. Fancy that in a zombie apocalypse!

Edited by DemonGroover
  • Like 7