Sign in to follow this  
barneystafford@gmail.com

Heroes - how do you approach them?

First Heroskin i met (when it was a rare rare sight) i bumped into him at Balota and shit myself and fired as he had an ak pointed at me when i crept around the corner. i retreated around the corner of the hangar , he was like ' duuuuuuuuuude...i'm a hero man' ..fair enough, so i waited for him to come out, we hooked up for a bit running to Cherno. There was a Ural parked on the road at the servo, we jump in, then he types ' pro tip..i'm a hacker' and then jumps out and spawns a box..

First time i got the skin i ended up in a shootout with this crazy fucker in the woods who had me dead to rights and bleeding out under a tree, he bandaged and blooded me and we had a convo for a bit as he had not seen the skin before.

All skins are the same really, you need to watch and see how they act.

I'm going to say most people shoot Heroes on sight since I die all the time. 74,990* humanity does nothing to stop the bullets. ;) Yesterday I died by not shooting a little punk I had the drop on. I told him to leave but he came and shot me anyway. Such is the life of the hero.

*I've played a looooooong time and got that high just surviving and not shooting people

Only heros I've ever encountered are ones that helped me.

But I don't KoS in general, so I just hey 'hey' to them and offer to trade.

Honestly if I came across a hero id still be cautious but not as much with a survivor or bandit. Id try and talk to them instead of trying to kill them.

Well shit, guess I have to kill everyone then, if no one is going to trust me :(

That was the conclusion I came to unfortunately. The comms in the game are terrible too, so its hard to speak to anyone really. Just have to kill em.

I approach other heroes the same way I approach survivors and bandits, I greet them, ask if they need help and then 1. Catch a bullet with my face, 2. help them and be on my way or 3. help them and then catch a bullet with my face. Sure is hard out here for a hero.

• Like 1

I keep a road flare drawn just in case they try anything funny. And if they do, I'll scald their eye sockets with some phosphorus badassery!

I don't actively seek out players, I just stumble into them. Whenever its a hero (and I am a hero) we just exchange greetings and go our ways. I never ran into a bad hero. More often than not they help me out.

I used to mess with them with my IR laser on the L85A2 when they have NVG's on. LOL.

I met a hero in a blackhawk. didn't even ask me to drop my weapons and said " need a lift? " he took me to nw airfield. There we headed out together, He is still to this very day on my steam friends list.

I met a hero once, he was being chased by zombies so I shot the zombies. Then when I was getting closed to him he swung at me with his ax. I tried to go to side chat to tell him I was killing the zeds bout he should of noticed because I could have easily have killed him and shot the Zeds instead of him. Then after a while of swinging his ax I shot him and killed him. He was really pissed but he deserved it because he had a mik and easily could have said he was friendly or something

I usually approach with a lowered gun.

They way I do it however is unethical.

I sprint in and yell over VOIP

"ANOTHER HERO, LETS TAKE OFF OUR CLOTHES AND MAKE DAYZ BABIES!"

i seduce them, then they become my best buds who have choppers and give me rides all the time :)

Like they're going to shoot me and then claim that I did something threatening in their direction.

Well as a Hero myself I like to run around Electro and Cherno, singing as loud as I can over direct chat and giving out blood. I usually manage to live about 10 minutes.