Sign in to follow this  
x423x rio bravo

Need Help with new rig

• CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3820 Quad-Core 3.60 GHz 10MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2011 (All Venom OC Certified)
  • HDD: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
  • MEMORY: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Quad Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
  • MOTHERBOARD: (3-Way SLI/CrossFireX Support) ASUS P9X79 LE Intel X79 Chipset Quad Channel DDR3 ATX w/ Remote GO!, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, 3 Gen3 PCIe X16, 2 PCIe X1 & 1 PCI
  • SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
  • VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card (EVGA Superclocked

will this be good for dayz high to normal settings. My budget for a new rig is a 1300 roughly. I am hoping this will run the mod and the standalone when it comes out.

• CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3820 Quad-Core 3.60 GHz 10MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2011 (All Venom OC Certified)
  • HDD: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
  • MEMORY: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Quad Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
  • MOTHERBOARD: (3-Way SLI/CrossFireX Support) ASUS P9X79 LE Intel X79 Chipset Quad Channel DDR3 ATX w/ Remote GO!, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, 3 Gen3 PCIe X16, 2 PCIe X1 & 1 PCI
  • VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card (EVGA Superclocked

will this be good for dayz high to normal settings. My budget for a new rig is a 1300 roughly. I am hoping this will run the mod and the standalone when it comes out.

Yes.

I'd change to the i7-3770k. Lesser price, and still a beast processor. No need to spend the extra money on the 3820

I'd change to the i7-3770k. Lesser price, and still a beast processor. No need to spend the extra money on the 3820

yea i was thinking the same thing. but truthfully im just going throw the money at it for lolz. i had a dude say over clock it to 4 something. I truthfully will prob never need 4ghs im not running that much stuff at a time. just skype and a game that's it

yea i was thinking the same thing. but truthfully im just going throw the money at it for lolz. i had a dude say over clock it to 4 something. I truthfully will prob never need 4ghs im not running that much stuff at a time. just skype and a game that's it

I'm not sure the processor is actually overclockable. If it was, it would have a K after it.

http://www.amazon.com/Intel-i7-3770K-Quad-Core-Processor-Cache/dp/B007SZ0EOW/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1363839095&sr=1-1&keywords=i7+3770k

Buy this instead, and buy a watercooling kit for it, otherwise you'll barely be able to overclock the thing. They cost around $50.You'll be able to get the thing running at around 4.5 GHZ fairly easily.

For a CPU demanding game like DayZ, it would be a good Idea to overclock it.

* Btw, where is your OCing heatsink?

I would not suggest trying to use the stock intel heat-sink to overclock with.

:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L

Has money but doesnt know what he's buying

Overclocking helps with the game on hand and also multi tasking but people overclock for the better frame rates in games.

The i7 3820 isn't overclockable, the i7 3770k is and it is just better overall.

I'm not overclocking it im rather new at pc and i have a fear of will killing my comp.

There are plenty of guides out there. Honestly if it were up to me, I'd go with an I5 if you're mainly wanting to play games. Sometimes, I7s can slow down games.

I'd go with the I5 3570k and buy a nice little GTX 670 with the cash you save. I'd recommend this one: http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Dual-Link-DisplayPort-Graphics-02G-P4-2678-KR/dp/B0083Y6MV6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363840578&sr=8-1&keywords=gtx+670

It comes overclocked out of the factory so that there's no chance you could accidently screw it up.

ok that i can do im just again scared i'll do something wrong and it kills my comptuer lol. but thanks for everyones help.

ok that i can do im just again scared i'll do something wrong and it kills my comptuer lol. but thanks for everyones help.

How many guides do you want?

* Btw I was the same, bought my system and the part I worried the most...

Was placing the cpu to the motherboard.

* I kept cleaning the surface of the CPU for no dust like a freak.

- Then applying the thermal paste and screwing in the heatsink on the CPU to the motherboard.

- Yeah applying a 300 dollar cpu to a 250 dollar motherboard...

• CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3570K 3.40 GHz 6MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)
  • HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
  • MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
  • MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX] GIGABYTE GA-Z77-HD3 Intel Z77 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ IRST, Ultra Durable 4 Classic, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, 2x Gen3 PCIe x16, 2x PCIe x1 & 2 PCI (Extreme OC Certified)
  • VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+255] (EVGA Superclocked

hows this??? Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA)

• Like 1

Theres a thread for this, people should USE IT.

• Like 1

Personally I would really like the i7-3820, I have the i7-3770.