Crusader-

what brings you to day z ?

I came for the zombies and i stayed because of the huge sandbox that was provided.

I don't think there's any other game where you feel such tension at the mere sight of another player. Probably because you can be walking around for hours without seeing another soul. You get tired, impatient and careless and then the next thing you know you there's some guy (or girl). Does he see me? Should I try to talk to him? Can we trust each other? Should I just blast him with my Remington shotgun?

I don't think there's any other game where you feel such tension at the mere sight of another player. Probably because you can be walking around for hours without seeing another soul. You get tired, impatient and careless and then the next thing you know you there's some guy (or girl). Does he see me? Should I try to talk to him? Can we trust each other? Should I just blast him with my Remington shotgun?

This is exactly what i was talking about my thought process, no other mmo offers it, the different decisions that can be made in one single situation can be abit overwhelming to a new player and still bear an effect on the more advanced players. The decision making is part of the learning curve that contributes to a players skill level and thats just great in a game.

DayZ has turned into my people watching simulator. I love to watch as other players move about and interact. I may act if I see something I don't like, someone killing fresh spawns or some poor bambi at a zombie dance party but otherwise I enjoy just watching Chernarus pass by.