Sign in to follow this  
Zaedyn (DayZ)

Shooting at someone...

I was wondering what happens if you shoot in the legs of anyone. Two main questions buggle me.

1- Does it remove humanity if you injure someone this way, just to immobilize them ?

2- If the person bleeds out, does it count like you killed him ?

I'd expect an answer from someone who tested this, not just heard about it somewhere.

Thank you

you only lose humanity if you kill some one shooting them in the leg will break there leg and wont effect you but if they bleed out from you gun shot it counts as a murder but if they are killed by zombies it does not

it all comes down to if your a bandit or hero kill every one or help who you can

2) I shot a guy a couple of days ago with a CZ 550 and let the zombies finnish him off. Didn´t bother to waste bullets on the two zombies that approached; I was just a few meter away from the victim. The zeds fed on him while he was bleeding out. Didn´t get a kill for that.

I like shooting my friends in the foot with a pistol while they check their map once every blue moon.

Never paid attention to the humanity, well worth the bandage.

Shooting any player that isn't a bandit will mean you will lose humanity.

If you make them bleed, they will lose blood, if they die it will NOT count as your kill, it will count as a death through blood loss for them.

If you kill them (and you started the engagement for no reason) you will get a murder. You monster.

Use a lee enfield... 8000 Damage. One shot... knock out. Give him bandage. Take control over him.

Let him drop his weapon and give him a blood transfusion and morphine.

Leave him with broken legs when he is uncooparativ.

Both ways you gain humanity. He was a Bandit... same way... give Bandage and blood, make fun about him, kill him.