Shrapnell

Admin Abuse is becoming a large problem.

Okay I don't see how discussing admin abuse is in any way different than talking about hackers. There's simply not enough you can do other than choose a server with them. As much as people see and think just because server info is copy pasted, doesn't mean it's not a real solution for real problems.

When I started out admin abuse was rampant and I simply treated it like part of the game. But now I know that both shitty admins and hackers can be avoided, IT IS POSSIBLE lol.

I don't want jackpot to be referred to as a bunch of spammers, we aren't. We are a group of dayz gamers that want to see the mod AND the standalone to see improvement.

And I was serious about the admin abuse. The admins do not play in the game. I hope this helps both players and server admins in realising that justified hacking is just as bad as hacking.

If to the contrary our admins try to "help" our players- not through spawning items or revealing locations. But through companionship and teamwork. I believe that players have more incentive to stay on the server if they have good experiences there

What do you guys think?

i have made numerous posts on this and it is a big problem in dayz i asked matt lightfoot by pm never responded same as noone else .

all the normal responses find another server by well run admin :rolleyes:

how you know they arnt doing the exact same thing but you havent noticed them doing it or just dont do it as blatently.

remove the ability to look at peoples loot, remove the being able to see where people are or teleport, remove giving loot to people just lock these basic things down.

what annoys me is people get banned for hacking but this is just legit hacking lol and they are allowed to do it cause they pay for the server. really is annoying.

what will happen and quote me on this

standalone arrives stuff locked down for public release for few months and all is fine but then private hives and stuff happen hacking rises and all people go to private like now and then admins just rinse and repeat as normal. stop this from happening to standalone now please. if you arent gunng stop it you may aswell just let everyone script stuff in and teleport that way everyone has same chances as a admin.

this is before the " not all admins are same crew fly in :lol: " i play on many popular servers and these exploits are very common and done by majoirty of admins so please dont say they dont when i have witnessed it daily since i started dayz.

Who cares what an admin does on a private hive server? Scrounge up $30 and rent your own server. Problem solved.

Who cares what an admin does on a private hive server? Scrounge up $30 and rent your own server. Problem solved.

What? I can't even..

• Like 1

What makes me laugh is alot of people in this thread, if they had their own server and had admin powers, 80% of you would spawn gear in.

What? I can't even..

Can't even what?

Can't even what?

BetterDeadThanAbusiveAdmin.

: )

GENIUS !

GENIUS !

Is it bad that everytime I see your avatar, I want to hunt you down and make bacon out of you?

I usually play legit on my server, but I cant say the same for other admins sadly, a lot of the newer players on my server become suspicious of every move I make. They give the rest of us a bad name.

I thought admin abuse was a much bigger problem back when most people played on public servers. The amount of shit going on there was unparalleled and it didn't seem to make much of a difference where you went. When private servers whitelisted by their administrators (who often use a 3rd party anti-cheat client) came along, DayZ moved in a direction it should've done from day one. Personally, I haven't looked back since; nor have I had any issues with cheaters or abusive admins.

I've been somewhat lucky, I've only been in a couple servers where I suspected admins of abuse.

The only ArmA/DayZ server I've been in where admins were freely admitting to abuse was "Ultimate-RP Cherno Wasteland #1". Chatting in the Teamspeak about spawning in Scud launchers, teleporting their friends around and generally ruining the game for everyone else. Quit that directly after...

Same problem I had with "TA True American Gaming" we shot down two of their choppers and after we fixed one up they both teleported out. Then the admins attacked us in them. When confronted they kicked us.

There should be an age restriction for who can host servers, regardless of private or not. Even then, you'll still get those older people with the mentality of a 12 year old that gets a raging boner while hacking in video game s.

@jackpot one more unnecessary spam of that server and I'll class you as a spam bot and ban you.

I've already PM'ed you about this.

There's a time and a place. This thread is not it. Especially in that ham fisted way.

OrLoK

Abusive admins are more common than hackers, since they're usually out in the open about it.

Thoughts?

It depends if you are talking about public or private white-listed servers.

For public ones, I thinks that hackers are much more common than abusive admins.

On private servers, white-listing mitigates hackers but admins have more admin tools (database acces for example) and they can use it to cheat.

The difference being that admins seldom change, so if you find a nice server with a good set; STICK WITH IT. Personally I love the admins at Balota Buddy.

BB are the same actually, I've seen some of the members/admins with special guns and skins and the server is heavily modded. It's why I left.

I've never had problems with abusive admins, maybe because I'm logical when choosing my "home" server (butt-lota booties). I don't join those random servers people advertise or servers with no Teamspeak. A server with no Teamspeak is either poorly funded/ran and wont be around for long anyways or the kid who's running it doesn't have enough allowance for a Teamspeak.

BB are the same actually, I've seen some of the members/admins with special guns and skins and the server is heavily modded. It's why I left.

I don't know about guns, but skins are a different story. There's zero benefit to a custom skin. I believe admins have the Rocket skin, and that's it. And a modded server doesn't mean admin abuse at all...

I don't know about guns, but skins are a different story. There's zero benefit to a custom skin. I believe admins have the Rocket skin, and that's it. And a modded server doesn't mean admin abuse at all...

He probably doesn't know that there are extra guns added into the server and as any nitwit would do, he assumed "ADMUN ABOOOOSE".

US 264 admins definitely use hacks to "admin" their servers through esp, teleporting, and gear spawning, while pretending to be the authority and banning anyone with names they dont like, or anyone who uses side chat.

I always suspected that server had resident cheaters. Either way, the server sucks.

There's really only one thing u can do about, stop playing there. The more that stop playing, the smaller the player base gets. Before long they will have to close shop or rename it and start again.