Sign in to follow this  
Concise

Server Ladders

Everyone with a copy of the game can join a tier 1 server, when killed they can only join a tier 2 server then 3,4, etc. The tier 1 servers are up until the last man/clan is standing. Hardcore mode only, with natural moon cycles. Perhaps the spawning system could be adjusted as well to make NOD's etc even more rare.

For the next round of matches, only those left standing at the end of the old tier 1 servers will have access to the new tier 1 servers. Naturally, hackers will be discouraged from joining in and publicly shamed, mocked, and then finally executed in real life to keep them from doing it again.

Motivation? Bragging rights, I suppose. Also I think I'm much better than you. I like this idea.

I've always wanted to participate in some kind of DayZ tournament.

Regarding Hardcore servers, they could just join a regular, non-laddered/tournament one. I guess they weren't quite hardcore enough for tier 1:(

I'd love to watch a recording of a DayZ tournament cycle, especially if all the different perspectives could be experienced (post-game, not during, for obvious reasons)

See, the problem with this is that to play with a friend, you would have to have died the exact same amount of times as them.

Good luck introducing someone to DayZ.

See, the problem with this is that to play with a friend, you would have to have died the exact same amount of times as them.

Good luck introducing someone to DayZ.

Yeah, that had occurred to me. I guess one would have to make new friends in game, eh?

I suppose you can have servers that are invite only - so only the "bad asses" get in.

It would be nice to see a last man standing tournament (a la Survivor Gamez) with the best players (i don't know who would determine that though) instead of just youtubers.

I bet there is some person out there who is so good at the game but you have never heard of them because they dont stream/youtube.

I suppose you can have servers that are invite only - so only the "bad asses" get in.

It would be nice to see a last man standing tournament (a la Survivor Gamez) with the best players (i don't know who would determine that though) instead of just youtubers.

Yeah! The tournament would need to start at, say, 0400 in game, so people can be a little more sneaky in the early hours. Maybe cash prizes? How much would you pay to enter into a tournament? I'm sure everyone would watch videos of it afterwards....