Sign in to follow this  
BennyTiberius

Server Admin messing with me? Hacker?

I've been playing Dayz off an on for a year and something out of the ordinary happened. I logged in to the top of an airport tower and immediately heard lots of zombies

so I knew someone was at the airport. I spawned laying down and crawled slowly to the stairs (sniper rifle out). Suddenly I get disconnected with "Session Lost". I log back

in and slowly go down the stairs and am instantly met with a flail of SD rifle fire. I make it back up the stairs, since they didn't pursue I was able to do the 30 second abort.

I login an hour later and instantly an explosion rocks the building, (sounded like rocket launcher). I manage to abort. Login 30 minutes later and someone instantly starts

throwing grenades at the tower. I mean wtf?

TLDR: Logged in near player, Session lost error. Got shot at when re-logging. Re-logged twice (intervals) and instantly attacked (explosions).

Regardless of whether this was admin "Trolling" or hacking, you combat logged. Dying was deserved. >.>

Combat logger....

No I waited out the abort/in combat process each time. I expected the "Cannot abort near enemy player" message but it didn't pop up which only makes it stranger.

Also they never climbed the ladder or came up the stairs. Everything about it was just weird.

Still admitting to logging out when being attacked is a big no no on this forum.

No. If he waits until the game permits him to leave then he isn't combat logging.

Too many people obsessed with combat logging in my view, and people should be carefully throwing around words that can get people wrongfully banned. This is a survival game not a war simulation. That would be Arma.

• Like 1

Still admitting to logging out when being attacked is a big no no on this forum.

+1 but the admin sounds sketchy. Simple fix is to go on a new server. Don't get attached to a single server.

Edited by JDM

Wasnt a combat log, like the mod stated, the attacker had plenty of time to kill him...

Shay server man...

No. If he waits until the game permits him to leave then he isn't combat logging.

Too many people obsessed with combat logging in my view, and people should be carefully throwing around words that can get people wrongfully banned. This is a survival game not a war simulation. That would be Arma.

I have to disagree. Combat logging is logging out to advoid combat. The people who were shooting at him had him surrounded and trapped in the building like a rat and then he just *poof*s out of the game. While this mod does have survival aspects, it's also a simulation. If he would've made a mad dash out, gotten into the forest and then logged, he's okay, because in real life, like a simulator is supposed to simulate, he's basically escaped. But they had him trapped and he just logged out, he even did it multiple times and was probably wounded.

• Like 1

Wasnt a combat log, like the mod stated, the attacker had plenty of time to kill him...

Shay server man...

IMO logging after a mere 30 seconds (in this situation) is combat logging, whether the timer says so or not. Like TheDesigner said, it's still logging off to avoid death and it impacts the other player's game in a negative way. He was trapped in the fire tower and essentially "teleported" himself out of the game.

If he would've made a mad dash out, gotten into the forest and then logged, he's okay

That's what he should have done if he absolutely had to leave, run a few hundred meters away, hide in a tree and log.

Edited by Gews