BrianArthurGibson

Which should I use? DayZ commander or PlayZ withSIX

DayZ Commander.

All the cool cats use DayZ Commander - it's quite a bit better than PlayWithSix as far as playing additional maps and rolling back versions etc. goes.

I prefer DC, so that's the one that I always recommend. I think SIX has been improved quite a lot since I used it though so why not try both and form your own opinion? :)

Commander functions better, although it practically gangbangs your CPU so don't plan on doing anything else when you're using it.

• Like 1

I also prefer DayZ Commander. It's a lot easier to navigate and use, although it's also worth noting that PlaywithSIX does a lot more besides just DayZ. However, for pure DayZ, Commander is much easier to use in my honest opinion.

• Like 1

Well. :)

Commander if you only play DayZ and never ever intend to try out other Arma content.

It is also more simplified then SIX, and takes near no practice to master, but its DayZ only.

SIX if you play DayZ but you are interested in other Arma content.

You get access to a ton of mods for Arma II, Including DayZ and almost all the varieties of the mod. It takes abit more practice to master, but allows you to choose between mods by the flick of a button.

Both have the ability to add start parameters, search for servers and join directly or just start the game normally.

I personally started with commander, but like mentioned above, it eats a lot of resources. So now im using SIX and since Arma III also got added to it, its the right launcher for me. :)

The real question is, do you play DayZ because you love DayZ or do you play it because you love the Arma engine? :)

Edited by Byrgesen

Dayz Commander

Do you still need to use these if you download the mod via steam?

Edited by Cvm

Like Byrgesen said Commander for just dayz but if like me you like to play wasteland, j.s.r.s, i44 etc use six

Commander is the easiest and most hassle free, especially if you use different maps.

Dayz Commander

Do you still need to use these if you download the mod via steam?

You don't need to use them anyway, it's just easier. :)

Launching DayZ mod through Steam is an easy way to launch the mod, but you won't be able to download custom maps and mods.

Commander functions better, although it practically gangbangs your CPU so don't plan on doing anything else when you're using it.

Wait so after entering a server you should close down Dayz commander? I guess I noticed it takes up a lot of memory in task manager.

I'm running a 2011 core i5 quad core 3.2ghz with a radeon 6870 and 4 gb of ram. Would closing down dayz commander after selecting a server increase in game performance? (reduce memory and cpu usage)?

meh i dont really see the difference but isuppose technically it should

Wait so after entering a server you should close down Dayz commander? I guess I noticed it takes up a lot of memory in task manager.

I'm running a 2011 core i5 quad core 3.2ghz with a radeon 6870 and 4 gb of ram. Would closing down dayz commander after selecting a server increase in game performance? (reduce memory and cpu usage)?

It does for me. I never leave it open if I'm on the web or anything else that involves an internet connection. Commander eats it up.

• Like 1

As I recall, DayZ commander has a tick box that says 'turn off DayZ commander while running the game' or something like that.

• Like 1

As I recall, DayZ commander has a tick box that says 'turn off DayZ commander while running the game' or something like that.

Yes it does. It's under Settings, you can also tell it to launch through Steam from there.

And it's always better to have less stuff running in the background.

Edited by BadLuckBurt

This comment made my day! Love it!

Commander is the best IMHO.