beavis_5000

Best places or maps for guns and loot. Also any tips for finding guns and loot?

Avoid the barracks, the risk usually isn't worth the reward. You're better off hunting for chopper crash sites. :)

• Like 2

Maps - check out supermarkets - that's where i generally find one. You usually can pick up a weapon and backpack as well.

Guns - depends what you want? Deer stands, Fire houses, barns....

Seems to me that the deer stands has been serioulsy nerfed after the latest patch. Haven´t found ANY guns in these now. Mainly garbage, chemligts and a little ammo now and then :(

• Like 1

Run to the NW Airfield - plenty of the best weapons and ammo. Remember to get there, you will need lots of bandages, food items, a few drinks and most importantly the hatchet. Run like hell and when you get there, hide in the firestation or the air controller tower and axe the 20+ zeds that are tailing you. After that there will be plenty of loot around especially in the barracks in the north and western corner of the airfield.

Beware of bandits and snipers though.

Avoid the barracks, the risk usually isn't worth the reward. You're better off hunting for chopper crash sites. :)

+1 above. Also, deerstands were mentioned by someone else. I have yet to find anything other than ammo or low value weaps in deerstands and I spent one hour loot cycling one this past weekend (not to mention the numerous times I come across them while running around).

Edited by walten34

Well for the best guns, heli crashes and barracks are your best bet. If you just need A gun, check barns, firehouses, pubs, and supermarkets, which are in plentiful supply on the coast, especially Cherno.

Also, deerstands were mentioned by someone else. I have yet to find anything other than ammo or low value weaps in deerstands and I spent one hour loot cycling one this past weekend (not to mention the numerous times I come across them while running around).

The only weapon you're going to find at deer stands is the CZ 550, but it's quite a low spawn chance. Everything else ranges from MREs to ammo. Not worth checking anymore IMO.

Namalsk is the best map for milatry gear thers tons around but most servers dont have blood suckers making Namaslk almost trivial

Namalsk is the best map for milatry gear thers tons around but most servers dont have blood suckers making Namaslk almost trivial

Yup Namalsk without bloodsuckers is like DayZ without zombies!

but this is the times we live in the current generation of dayz players don't want a challenge they want everything handed to them on a plate.

They want easy mode dayz with a magical crosshair in the middle of their screens so they can fire like rambo from the hip.

They can't play without their 3dp exploit that allows them to see around corners and over walls there hiding behind or give them a 360 degree view when there in a vehicle.

They don't want tin cans in the game because it breaks THEIR immersion! :rolleyes:

OP Cherno,Stary Sobor and Northwest Airfield will give you everything you need plus some if you survive B)

• Like 1

They can't play without their 3dp exploit that allows them to see around corners and over walls there hiding behind or give them a 360 degree view when there in a vehicle.

I only play on servers with 3dp enabled because of this annoying screen shaking when running in first person. without this i wouldnt care. hope the get rid of it in SA.

I only play on servers with 3dp enabled because of this annoying screen shaking when running in first person. without this i wouldnt care. hope the get rid of it in SA.

Set head bob to 0

• Like 3

Sigh..... so many players can't seem to understand what Options are in the game menu.
  • Like 3

No one has yet mentioned the new air drops that can be found out in the fields. Have come across 4 or 5 of them and have found AKM´s, AKS´ and Chez Backpack around them; also ammo and the usual garbage.

The funny thing is that after the latest patch I have found 1, ONE, heli crash after hours and hours of playing. At this point I would say that there is almost no heli crashes at all. Am I right?

I've never been able to find heli crashes but I havn't noticed a bigger number of stuff I never find :(

Heli crashes are still spawn at a normal rate, it's just how they spawn that makes a difference. I'm not sure of the actual numbers, but it used to be when the server restarted there was 4 right away, now they spawn over the life of the reset, and it seems it gets to 4 or 5 after about 12 hours (we checked with a heli). So if you play on servers with quick restarts, you probably won't have much luck. If you play on servers with long restarts, it gets a little silly how many there are.

There was a server I went one that hadn't restarted for at least 2 weeks. There were a number of spots where from the ground, I could literally see 10+ heli crashes around me, and not just the smoke and whatnot, the physical helicopters.

maps you find in residential buildings, guns in any building that is not an industrial (however industrials are good for ammo), gillie suits in residentials too.

Best weapons will be found in the Barracks at NWAF or heli crash sites... they spawn randomly in open fields to the north of the map and will only have loot after a server restart