Sign in to follow this  
richjones19772000

Everybody heads for cherno!

Can anyone tell me a server were people use the whole map instead of everyone running for cherno and Elecktro?.

I want some battles in the woods or the open fields!.

I wonder why people never go to Berenzino, it has two stores, it's close to an airfield and there are possible helicrashes nearby. It also seems like the most well made city to me.

Edited by THE_BURNDOWN
  • Like 5

We all have dead spots on our fingers from running since May, if we make it from the Cherno beach to the Cherno shops without cramping up we consider that a large adventure ;)

Can anyone tell me a server were people use the whole map instead of everyone running for cherno and Elecktro?.

dunno what ppl do on my server...but my strategy is alway to get some cans of beans and a couple sodas and just run in the northern direction while reading a book

My strategy is fuck around in the middle of Cherno while waiting for my friends.

I wonder why people never go to Berenzino, it has two stores, it's close to an airfield and there are possible helicrashes nearby. It also seems like the most well made city to me.

shhhh dont tell then >:U

speaking for my self...I have no need for two stores by the time ive traveled that far...the eastern airfield sucks...doesnt helis spawn random? meaning there is no point in looking for them in a specific location

I like to head near Balota. I like that general area. It gives me plenty of space and cover to camp & snipe or even hide stuff.

The Balota area is where my friends and I normally hang around.

Gorka, All day. I love hiding out near Gorka or Polana. My whole server happens in Cherno, So I rarely see another player.

I'm tired of seeing Balota buddies everywhere in the forums

Yeah, but Cherno isn't swarming with players. I just got on yesterday and it was a good experience. No fear of hackers, no crazy Cherno DM. I'm not affiliated with BB other than being whitelisted on the server but it really is a better experience. It seems like a more experienced player base.

Jus' sayin'.

I'm tired of seeing Balota buddies everywhere in the forums

Balota buddies? You mean the server Balota buddies? Why are you sick of Balota buddies? I like Balota buddies. You should join Balota buddies. You might find some buddies. In Balota.
  • Like 3

I've got people all over the map on my server.

Such a server does not exist.

Well you do spawn on the shore. And there are really only 2 good cities on the shore. Cherno and Elektro. Now honestly I only go to those filth holes to grab some gear before I start heading north. Other than that I steer clear. I usually camp just on the outskirts of berezino because no one ever goes to that amazing city for some reason.

I go to Cherno hoping to get shot at. If I spawn in and find an Enfield or Winchester, it's Cherno for me! Maybe I'll have a fight, which is awesome, and maybe I'll meet a friendly player, which is awesome, and maybe it'll be a ghost town and I'll get a new backpack and some morphine and wander off into the woods, which is awesome.

I wonder sometimes what people do in DayZ. I had my "Just stay alive" phase, I guess, where I lived in the woods and considered a 4-hour session with zero player interaction and one dead cow to be a screaming victory, but it only lasted a month or so. After a while, you look back at your DayZ life and the moments that stand out are the deaths and the misadventures. Since I had that revelation, I stopped living on a hill and I stopped hoarding barracks loot and I stopped hiding cars in the woods. If I find a car now, I'll fix it up and go driving, picking up strangers and getting shot at and honking the horn all teh way through Elektro. If by some miracle it's intact when I log out, I'll park it by the side of the road near a town and put my rifle in it.

DayZ is about stories and experiences, you guys. Why not go to where the drama is? Yeah, the first ten times you go to Cherno you're peeking around corners and scanning rooftops and analyzing zombie population density from a distant hill, but after a while you just run yourself down there with your finger on the Direct Chat button instead of your trigger and see what happens. Most bandits miss the first shot, in my experience, so you have plenty of time to shift gears and fight them if it comes to that.

• Like 1

OLSHA ALL DAY!!

I like to stash my things near olsha becuase its one of the most meaningless places on the map. no item spawns so no one ever goes there.

OLSHA ALL DAY!!

I like to stash my things near olsha becuase its one of the most meaningless places on the map. no item spawns so no one ever goes there.

Dear Diary,

Remind me to go to Olsha.

I stopped living on a hill and I stopped hoarding barracks loot and I stopped hiding cars in the woods.

lol thats a real addiction on DayZ, it turns you into an online reclusive, socially akward, paranoid hoarder!

The first guy i met who showed me the ropes had a camp in the hills, with loot in his tent and a atv stashed up there. From that moment i knew what my goals were, i wanted my own tent, my own hill top forrest and a car to hide in the bushes! B)

im not there yet, but one day!

After i achieve that.....meh i might head North ;)

I tend to live full bush up at pobeda usually by the time I see other players I try to make them scurry off from my plot of land like an old farmer with a double barrel

I tend to live full bush up at pobeda usually by the time I see other players I try to make them scurry off from my plot of land like an old farmer with a double barrel

I could imagine seeing you up there, rocking in your chair, screaming "Git off meh land!"

People are all over the map. It's just that the map is so big 60 people can easily never see each other.