hey OP the sights for M1911 and revolver ARE different and the M1911 sights ARE slightly crooked.

post-121339-0-85797300-1363483948_thumb.

post-121339-0-19301400-1363483957_thumb.

The person in the top picture is in the process of looking to the side.

Seems more and more like you are really quite a pessimistic person that really doesn't want to accept several great points in this thread. All you seem to want to do is provide vague counter-points in attempt to argue.

I will try to invoke a rational response once more...

There is preference in the game. Weapons you do not like, others may love.

Ex: I love the revolver over the M1911 because the iron sights on the M1911 I find hard to use. It's not that I cannot use them correctly, I just prefer the sights of the revolver. Thus, I am glad that the revolver is in game.

Ex #2: The M9 I do prefer over the G17 because of, what? The iron sights. I dislike wide and bulky iron sights on guns. I am a proud owner of two Glock handguns IRL, one of which is a Glock 17 with custom iron sights.

Drop the biased attitude.

I'm surprised no one has told you yet...

The revolver has better range than a 1911.

Roughly by 25m i think... maybe 50m, the wiki is so different now than back in June last year... so who knows. I do remember for a fact the effective range was definitely higher than the 1911.

I agree with Gews, much cleaner sights, does it makeup for the greater recoil, slower speed of fire, and 1 less shot? Maybe.

(Edit) Actually I think it is the fact you can't even SEE your target's head @ 100m with the 1911 compared to the revolver. If I had the time or fucks to give, I'd have someone join a game of ARMEX with me to show the differences between the weapons at a max range of 100 meters.

The ranges are the same, look it up

I certainly don't like your condescending manner to which your reply is written but I'll humour it none the less, the PDW I like to think it is its own upgrade due to the ability to 'full auto' fire and as its deemed as a SIDEARM it is very relevant to this discussion. As for me saying shits and giggles, well to me that IS good, used in exactly the way Mr steak & potatoes uses it.

I have to be condescending because I can not crack the nut that is "The casual gamer"

The person in the top picture is in the process of looking to the side.

???

I aimed at the horizon with iron sights and zoomed in with right mouse button, are you saying I was leaning?

lol heres the full screenshot then

post-121339-0-05053700-1363484355_thumb.

The ranges are the same, look it up

Why would you quote my post, and never respond to it?...

In my reply, I offered no argument that stated that the ranges were different between the two.

Yet still... you argue...

• Like 1

Well everybody, excuse me for thinking that these forums were for improving the game because appearentely they are really useless, because everybody provides the argument of "Just because".

If you are too casual to actively participate in improving an alpha or beta, wait for the finished product.

Rocket has his work cut out for him if these are the only kind of ideals people are going to lay on the table, thread abandoned, you can argue amongst yourselves about reasons that a 4th grader would find obsolete.

Well everybody, excuse me for thinking that these forums were for improving the game because appearentely they are really useless, because everybody provides the argument of "Just because".

If you are too casual to actively participate in improving an alpha or beta, wait for the finished product.

Rocket has his work cut out for him if these are the only kind of ideals people are going to lay on the table, thread abandoned, you can argue amongst yourselves about reasons that a 4th grader would find obsolete.

just get the hell out of here then, troll

Edited by Chris529
  • Like 1

Saddest thing is... I cannot find a good enough fail meme on google to express how dumb you have been in this thread...

*uber sad face*

• Like 2

What I'm still confused about.... why? Why should they be removed? Why should the best pistols be the only pistols? It makes no sense.

What I'm still confused about.... why? Why should they be removed? Why should the best pistols be the only pistols? It makes no sense.

cause' it's the OP's first day on the internet and he's being a cutie trying to rustle our jimmies.

• Like 1

cause' it's the OP's first day on the internet and he's being a cutie trying to rustle our jimmies.

Perhaps, but he's so damn passionate about it, I figured he was serious.

I have to be condescending because I can not crack the nut that is "The casual gamer"

I'll add presumptuous to your traits, if you had a row with your girlfriend its fine, just don't come here taking it out on us 'casual gamers'

My work here is done.

TAXI!

I like that you called someone Schitzophrenic for preferring the iron sights of the revolver. Major style points there, man.

This is a nice little video that shows the two guns and the two sights in action. The author clearly has a much easier time hitting a target at 50 meters away with the revolver than he does with the m1911. This seems to be due to the iron sights. They both have basic iron sights, but the iron sights of the revolver are superior to that of the m1911, or if not superior, certainly it is a matter of personal preference. Which does in fact exist.

• Like 6

Perhaps, but he's so damn passionate about it, I figured he was serious.

nobody has ever gone full retard to such an extent as far as I know so he couldn't possibly be serious..

• Like 1

EXACTLY!

This topic is nonsense.

OP argues that because there are better guns in the game, that these so-called "gimp pistols" have no purpose.

I can't even call this "flawed logic", because that would suggest that there is any logic to it at all.

• Like 1

Play the game and actually look at and use the m1911 and the revolver, because you obviously haven't done that. When you started this thread you asked "So what is the point (besides variety) of having the revolver and M9 in DayZ?" and people gave you reasons such as preference, texture and that easier to use sights on the revolver/M9. If you wanted to be agreed with, you should have talked to yourself instead of condescendingly mocking others peoples opinions, because they are what you asked for.

Wow man, you really have a learning disability.

The revolver is MUCH more accurate beyond 50 metres, towards 100 metres. The M1911 sucks at the 50-100 metre range. It can't shit. But within 50 metres, it fires more smoothly and has an extra round in the magazine. There are tangible differences between the two.

when it comes down to it, I use the revolver, because I like to pick off my zombies from decent range, rather than aggro them and wait for them to come to me.

Why don't you sit down in the editor, put targets at 100 metres, and fire on them with headshots with both the revolver and the M1911.

Don't worry, I'll wait.

Well I wanna be a badass and go around with just a revolver. IS THAT TO MUCH TO ASK!?