*Exile* Sami

What ever Happend to the original DayZ?

Assuming it wasn't a typo, isn't the Pouch the tiny one?

I recall the Czech bag being one of the larger ones. Im not sure what he meant by "Czech Pouch"

Assuming it wasn't a typo, isn't the Pouch the tiny one?

...*facepalms*

The first post put me in the angry disposition of knee-jerk reactions to misreads. I assumed he was an idiot and gave everyone Czech Bags. My mistake, and my apologizes, monsieur. Pardon moi! Je n'est pas patient ou intelligente!

God, even my French is terrible. Did I use the right conjugation? Should I use "Patiente" and "Intelligente" or "Patient" and "Intelligent?" Dam foreign languages.

"I only know English and Bad English."

-Bruce Willis, The Fifth Element.

I recall the Czech bag being one of the larger ones. Im not sure what he meant by "Czech Pouch"

Assuming he meant the pouch it's the tiny little fanny-pack sized bag essentially. :)

Czech Vest Pouch

Czech Backpack

If you're looking for a vanilla DayZ server we are currently running a server, the only problem is even with 400 whitelisted players we can't even fill around 12 slots at the minute so not too good.

If you want some more information come and check us out at http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/127511-dayz-uk300-dayz-unleashed-private-hive-discussionwhitelist-looking-for-new-players-free-mumble-server-hacker-free/

If you're looking for a vanilla DayZ server we are currently running a server, the only problem is even with 400 whitelisted players we can't even fill around 12 slots at the minute so not too good.

If you want some more information come and check us out at http://dayzmod.com/f...er-hacker-free/

I took a look at your server and it looked all good. Sadly, its not Vanilla, you stated this: "Completely vanilla DayZ experience" Then i noticed you have side channel enabled, side channel is not a vanilla feature my good friend.

Edited by *Exile* Sami

You need side channel these days otherwise you can't even communicate with the players in-game with IRC/Rcon.

You need side channel these days otherwise you can't even communicate with the players in-game with IRC/Rcon.

Ironically, you really dont. Side channel is a luxury, not a necessity. Its no fun being able to chat with someone whos 15km away from you, now is it?

Nah, it's nice at times not not really needed. If the communicating has to take place in-game and not outside game for whatever reason then BERCon works, though a bit annoying. Just have to message the player(s) you are contacting and have them type in any channel since RCon picks up chat.

Personally I keep Side-Chat off as I have no tolerance for spam and it can kill the immersion so to speak. :)

Personally I keep Side-Chat off as I have no tolerance for spam and it can kill the immersion so to speak. :)

Agreed, side channel brings nothing but spammers.

I don't see the problem here... So what if there's private hives, there's still public hives as well. Let people have the choice.

If you wanna have a little fun then go on a server with apache's or 600 vehicles, if you don't then don't and just go on a public hive.

I don't see the problem here... So what if there's private hives, there's still public hives as well. Let people have the choice.

If you wanna have a little fun then go on a server with apache's or 600 vehicles, if you don't then don't and just go on a public hive.

Indeed so, but another thing is, everyday theres a new player coming onto this website, trying to figure what to do, once he gets the game installed he starts looking for a server, where does he start? The private hive discussion! Guess what, if the front page is filled with APACHES APACHES AS50'S LOADOUT! guess what just happend, you just ruined an experience for a new player, I and every single DayZ Vet know that the first time you play DayZ is probably the best, and we want new players to have that experience, not some jets or heli action, because, that is NOT DAYZ, simple as that.

Agreed, side channel brings nothing but spammers.

That's quite hyperbolic, would you not think? Side chat on many servers has made the servers more sociable. You just need a good playerbase.

That's quite hyperbolic, would you not think? Side chat on many servers has made the servers more sociable. You just need a good playerbase.

Well of course it can make a server more sociable, but very rarely does it end happily....Theirs usually always that one guy

Admittedly it can make a server nice, but to be honest...how many out of all servers are better with it on vs worse with it on?

I just personally dislike spam, and it may not always get spammed but I don't want to run the risk of it getting spammed. The servers that can pull it off though are great I'm sure! I just don't get on as often anymore to find out.

The chance may be seldom, but it still exists.

Balota Buddies has has a US hardcore server with vanilla settings nothing modified except its hardcore so no 3rd no crosshairs and such

as for guardian not sure which server you went to the only server with all those extra barracks like that is AU public weapons plus which is not part of the whitelisted servers

Edited by Steak and Potatoes

Balota Buddies has has a US hardcore server with vanilla settings nothing modified except its hardcore so no 3rd no crosshairs and such

as for guardian not sure which server you went to the only server with all those extra barracks like that is AU public weapons plus which is not part of the whitelisted servers

It was the US server, I recall him speaking about the extra barracks--he joined at the time where all of those barracks were in Kamenka, Balota, Zelenogorsk, Cherno, etc.

Does it not have side channel? I do recall it having side

Does it not have side channel? I do recall it having side

It shouldnt if it does we can remove it in three seconds I wanted that one to be pure vanilla experience.

Inception makes sense that was when the US non hardcore rolled back before going on to its newest version guardian you will like it more now its back to normal on there

The problem is that people are trying to turn DayZ into a Mil Sim/FPS, which I am guilty of doing myself. Then I played some ArmA, now I'm in love with the game.

The problem is that people are trying to turn DayZ into a Mil Sim/FPS, which I am guilty of doing myself. Then I played some ArmA, now I'm in love with the game.

Same for me, but for wasteland, i just played it one day and i LOVE IT, but i still believe DayZ needs to stay DayZ.