Korsbaek

Grenade damage

Hi guys :)

Does anybody know how much damage the PGO and frag grenades does.

I have been searching but i can't seem to find it anywhere.

/Kasper

I'm not sure, but I've seen the M67 Frag kill from approximately 50m away, they're no joke.

They can do between 3000 blood to over 12000 depending on grenade type and distance from explosion.

This is based off of my experiences it may be actually totally different.

Edited by A_Moss_Herder
  • Like 1

Both the RGD-5 and M67 have 4 second fuses.

The M67 and RGD-5 have a direct hit value of 20, translating to 22220 blood damage. Indirect hit is 18, translating to 17998 blood damage, and the indirect hit range is 7 metres (23 feet).

That means it does 22220 damage at 0 metres, and 17998 damage at 7 metres. At 14 metres it will do 8999 damage. At 21 metres it will do 4500 damage. Damage continues degrading linearly out to the maximum range of 28 metres.

Edited by Gews
  • Like 5

Both the RGD-5 and M67 have 4 second fuses.

The M67 and RGD-5 have a direct hit value of 20, translating to 22220 blood damage. Indirect hit is 18, translating to 17998 blood damage, and the indirect hit range is 7 metres (23 feet).

That means it does 22220 damage at 0 metres, and 17998 damage at 7 metres. At 14 metres it will do 8999 damage. At 21 metres it will do 4500 damage. Damage continues degrading linearly out to the maximum range of 28 metres.

AKA stay away from that shit unless your throwing it : P

AKA stay away from that shit unless your throwing it : P

Stay away especially when you're throwing it, too many times I've seen people die to their own grenades.

This is how it's done, ladies and gents:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkwosOW181Y

Hehehehe, faaake. This is more like it:

They are both fake, the grenades have no actual charge and are simply like fireworks, real grenade would cause peaces of earth to fly and have some HE potential, these ones look all fake. The first one has real charge inside the hole and somebody detonates it for press.

They are both fake, the grenades have no actual charge and are simply like fireworks, real grenade would cause peaces of earth to fly and have some HE potential, these ones look all fake. The first one has real charge inside the hole and somebody detonates it for press.

How bout this?

Every time I've thrown a grenade at or near someone it knocked them out and I ended up having to shoot them to finish them off although they probably would have bled out before they even awoke from unconsciousness. Be especially careful when throwing them, I threw one in a hangar once and it knocked me out when I was outside it. Good thing my buddy was close enough to get me up.

Every time I've thrown a grenade at or near someone it knocked them out and I ended up having to shoot them to finish them off although they probably would have bled out before they even awoke from unconsciousness. Be especially careful when throwing them, I threw one in a hangar once and it knocked me out when I was outside it. Good thing my buddy was close enough to get me up.

I'dd say if the grenade explodes within 10m from target, thats should be almost a sure kill because of concussion from blast and fragments, but after that it should be a random chance to get hit by a fragment. I know the effective range of a grenade is 250m but the chance of being hit by a fragment at those distances should be around 2-3%

Shall we keep it OT with in game discussion rather than potentially nasty vids?

Blame the Jews, I mean Gews

Eeeeeee...

I like the sound of the grenades in ACE, if you're not deafened by the blast you can hear the fragments bouncing off walls and such. I'd like that to be implemented in DayZ - just a simple change in sound can make a big difference. I don't think ACE actually models individual fragments but I haven't checked.

The real-world differences are interesting... Wikipedia says the RGD-5 contains 110 grams of TNT and a liner that produces around 350 fragments. It says lethal radius is 3m and injuries out to 15m. It's a bit lighter than the M67 and can apparently be thrown a few meters further.

The M67 has 6.5 oz (184 grams) of C4 and has a lethal radius of 5m and injuries out to 15, similar. C4 is a bit more powerful than TNT... about 1.2-1.3 times in blast pressure. No idea how many individual fragments are typical.

In the game they're the exact same and no fragments are modelled.

The British L109 / HG 85 has 155 gram RDX and TNT filling and will fragment into 1800-2000 very small pieces. This probably contributes to the low safety radius since the fragments would lose velocity fast. Lethal radius is 10m for unprotected enemies, 5m for armoured troops. Throwing range is about 30m.

I wish all games could be that complicated. Oh, daydreams, daydreams. Remember when people had to do this shit analog instead of letting a computer work it out? Pre-computer computer games...

QDILIax.jpg

• Like 2

Now that I think about it, there should be different blood loss depending on the area bullet strike. Also grendage fragments can fly up to 250m so you still have chance to be struck by one even very far away

Now that I think about it, there should be different blood loss depending on the area bullet strike. Also grendage fragments can fly up to 250m so you still have chance to be struck by one even very far away

Probably would do very little or no damage at that range, the fragments only weigh 1.5 grains. Rocks sent flying and larger pieces would do much more damage.

As for hit locations, more games should feature them.

Look what Phoenix Command was featuring back in 1986!

Forehead

Neck

Shoulder

Upper chest - lungs

Upper chest - lungs - spine

Shoulder blades

Abdomen - intestines

Abdomen-intestines-Spine

Hip-Intestines

Leg-Flesh

Lower chest - lungs - spine

Leg- Bone

Upper arm - flesh

Upper arm - bone

Elbow

Forearm - bone

Forearm - flesh

Eye - nose

Mouth

Spine - neck

Upper chest - heart

Groin

Knee

Shin - bone

Shin - flesh

Ankles - feet

Hip - spleen

Lower chest - stomach

Screw it, I'm not even going to finish that list. And to top it all off, each bullet decreased in speed as it travelled, and each bullet could penetrate to different depths or nick an artery, there was a large element of luck like in real life, penetration through secondary obstacles was modelled, very specific recoil was modelled for every gun, the list is endless...

The downside? You had to calculate it all by hand and page through voluminous manuals and charts for each location and weapon. Simply shooting one or two men could literally take hours and drive you mad. :(

Dayz wiki is your best bet mate

It certainly is funny to see people thinking the grenade is thrown like in your average FPS.

1. Click, do not hold

2. See frag falling out of your hand

3. Run like hell