rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.2 Rolling Update

The server NZ6 just restarted and when it had started I saw all over the side chat that people had lost their weapons myself included. Lost an M16 and a M9 SD with plenty of ammo for each' date=' also lost a GPS. Instead I was given a makaraov with a few clips of ammo (I think 3) as well as some generic starting items, I think painkillers was one of them and about 2-3 other items. My backpack and its contents were unaffected. I also had various tools still available, such as compass, map, watch, matchbox and knife.

My friend who was in also in the server and close to my location in game, did not experience this this error at all.

I just thought I would share, unfortunately I cannot give any more information.

Best thing about this patch is the great increase in frame rate I have been experiencing. My biggest issue apart from the glitches is the ability for the zombies to make you bleed so easily. Also from my current perspective their line of sight range may need to be reduced as well.

Rocket lives up to his name with the speed at which he provides updates.

Thank you Rocket

[/quote']

Im pretty sure if an item turns into a Makarov, it was hacked.

lol, no it wasnt hacked, if this happens to many people, including me. Lost my DMR i've found a few days before and my Revolver. Also GPS and Nightvision. Everything's lost. Dammit.

Love the smoother frame rate in this and well, I find all the hatchets/crowbars/shotgunammo/47ofeverythingwhenyoulootaknife bugs to be amusing at the moment and no drama if in game or not, I did like the whole hatchet how it worked in the past but it does make sense to have it as a weapon as well, so RIP log piles or RIP players on coast with torches, either way is fine

I just wish I could find more beans and less sheds filled with zombies

The server NZ6 just restarted and when it had started I saw all over the side chat that people had lost their weapons myself included. Lost an M16 and a M9 SD with plenty of ammo for each' date=' also lost a GPS. Instead I was given a makaraov with a few clips of ammo (I think 3) as well as some generic starting items, I think painkillers was one of them and about 2-3 other items. My backpack and its contents were unaffected. I also had various tools still available, such as compass, map, watch, matchbox and knife.

My friend who was in also in the server and close to my location in game, did not experience this this error at all.

I just thought I would share, unfortunately I cannot give any more information.

Best thing about this patch is the great increase in frame rate I have been experiencing. My biggest issue apart from the glitches is the ability for the zombies to make you bleed so easily. Also from my current perspective their line of sight range may need to be reduced as well.

Rocket lives up to his name with the speed at which he provides updates.

Thank you Rocket

[/quote']

Im pretty sure if an item turns into a Makarov, it was hacked.

You're right, my revolver turned into a makarov because it was hacked :rolleyes:

Last time my inventory was replaced, it was replaced with nothing, still having a gun is a blessing ^__^

lol' date=' no it wasnt hacked, if this happens to many people, including me. Lost my DMR i've found a few days before and my Revolver. Also GPS and Nightvision. Everything's lost. Dammit.

[/quote']

A lot of these items were hacked. They are the classical hacker outfits.

lol' date=' no it wasnt hacked, if this happens to many people, including me. Lost my DMR i've found a few days before and my Revolver. Also GPS and Nightvision. Everything's lost. Dammit.

[/quote']

You will get it back soon. Sooner than in previous game version. Right now there is only one serious bug - No message from server. But I believe Rocket is working on that already...

People just be patient little bit. To die and lose everything is just a major part of this game. Believe me, you can die in this alpha in pretty crazy ways, mostly because of bugs... just get used to it. Current version is not so hard on start like before. You can find everything important quite quickly... (and then you die because of some bug...)

While reading through this thread my decision is clear: Wait for 1.7.1.3.

The new features introduced new bugs, that are even worse than the old ones before 1.7.1.

And btw Rocket, thank you for doing an awesome job and an awesome mod.

This has redefined the entire pvp genre.

No, this 1.7.1.2 is unplayable for me.

With the latest beta patch for Arma 2, I connected to several servers and got no sound, no debug box, no zombies in towns.

When trying to pick stuff, everything else in inventory except the back pack drops to the floor ... pick double shotgun, flashlight and bandages go down... pick hunting knife and shotgun, flashlight and the rest fall down... and when stuff falls down new stuff pops up - had a beans can pop up from nowhere.

And then 10 minutes later server crashed and lost everything, didn't save my position.

ps. in previous versions as well, there's also a tall rock by the side of the road near kamenka, saw one player half way inside it dead, when i tried to check his inventory got stuck, feet went an inch or so through the rock.

No' date=' this 1.7.1.2 is unplayable for me.

With the latest beta patch for Arma 2, I connected to several servers and got no sound, no debug box, no zombies in towns.

When trying to pick stuff, everything else in inventory except the back pack drops to the floor ... pick double shotgun, flashlight and bandages go down... pick hunting knife and shotgun, flashlight and the rest fall down... and when stuff falls down new stuff pops up - had a beans can pop up from nowhere.

And then 10 minutes later server crashed and lost everything, didn't save my position.

[/quote']

I have that sometimes as well, seems to me the server isn't updated propperly

Rocket when can we expect to see you on the front cover of TIME magazine?

On Day Z.

No' date=' this 1.7.1.2 is unplayable for me.

ps. in previous versions as well, there's also a tall rock by the side of the road near kamenka, saw one player half way inside it dead, when i tried to check his inventory got stuck, feet went an inch or so through the rock.

[/quote']

1. it is about servers... you just connected to server with previous version...

Next two - yes it started to happen on 1.7.1.2 servers.... some bugs related to new melee weapons...

I can add, that sometimes when zombie is smashed by hatchet it flies to the sky...

While reading through this thread my decision is clear: Wait for 1.7.1.3.

The new features introduced new bugs' date=' that are even worse than the old ones before 1.7.1.

[/quote']

It's your job as an alphatester to download 1.7.1.2, get surprisebuttsexed by bugs and then come back to the forums and report what you found.

Git to it son.

Don't forget to report the bugs in a calm and informative manner in the right subsection of the forums.

If you want to hang on to your silly delusions of entitlement, wait until the beta instead of 1.7.1.3.

Or even better, wait until the game has left beta.

With such silly notions as you display here, you aren't cut out for testing.