sata3d

Beta Patch 92612 fix direct chat !!

bohemia support guys apparently fix the problem whit direct chat in dayz

this is the log fix

Changelog:

[92612] Fixed: SelectPlayer in MP can break the Direct Chat or cause other MP issues.

[92582] Fixed: AI detection after load

here you can download the beta patch

ftp://downloads.bistudio.com/arma2.com/update/beta/ARMA2_OA_Build_92612.zip

i think the server not need the beta patch, only client need to fix the problem whit direct chat,

i think the guys than don't have the beta patch can hear you but they don't speak whitout the beta patch

well is only a prediction i will test the beta patch soon :)

Guess I'll have to wait for more people to download this before I test it.

Oh Direct Chat, how I've missed you!

Anyone verified it actually works yet?

Beta patches are usually fully backwards compatible so getting into other servers shouldnt be a problem.

Awesome news......... Will we still be able to get into servers if we have the beta patch and the servers don't

Yes, you should be fine.

I hope the beta servers patch up so everyone in the server has the fix.

Tested and worked PERFECT! but that was on the ANZ2 Beta server which you need the client to have the beta also.

How do these Beta patches work with Steam? Alternatively, considering how much of the ArmA 2 playerbase are DayZ players, why didn't BiS just make this an official release so Steam can automatically update everyone's client? After all, this issue only really affected DayZ players.

How do these Beta patches work with Steam? Alternatively' date=' considering how much of the ArmA 2 playerbase are DayZ players, why didn't BiS just make this an official release so Steam can automatically update everyone's client? After all, this issue only really affected DayZ players.

[/quote']

1) They work fine.

2) Because it's a beta patch.

3) Are you sure?

For those not used to A2's patching system, basically the way they do it is they release large patches every now and then and in between they test/fix features with beta patches. Beta patches have been designed to be compatible with non-beta patched games so there is no issue for those who don't want to add it.

Seeing as how DayZ has been selling A2 in ways we haven't seen before, it's no surprise that a beta patch for this has been released so soon. Also remember that Dwarden, an A2 community manager, has been playing DayZ almost everyday and gathering notes on what issues BIS can support to help DayZ's development. Couple those factors together and it's pretty logical for BIS to start coming out with patches that help deal with issues that DayZ can't directly fix.

Ok, can someone post a mini-guide on how to install and use this beta patch using the Arma II Launcher v1.4? Do I need to do anything differently than usual? I ran the .exe and installed it, just want to know if I need to change any settings in the launcher to actually make use of it.

I clicked the "Run Beta" in the launch options, but got an error when trying to launch the game. Tho I did have it set to launch as CO, so that may be why.

Ok, downloading and running the .exe. I opened up the Arma II Launcher, went to launch options and set the location of the beta client in the correct place (.../expansions/beta). Then I checked the "Run Beta" box. Then in the drop down, I chose "Arma II: OA". Now everything seems to be working correctly.

Might be an idea to add this to the downloads page for the mod and release a tweet about it so everybody upgrades. It's a bit obscure here on the forums at the moment.

Im with Mr Delicious on this. Can we get a sticky of this some where. The install was easy. Just download and run. I still havent tested if it works though, as Im to faraway from people.

1. Install patch through A2 website.

2. Edit the first file in the AO directory it's called _Run_A2OA_Beta.bat or something similar.

3. Where it says run: at the first mod=blahblah section, add in:

@DayZ; right after the first mod=

4. Launch game using the batch file.

5. Profit from playing on servers that are not packed 24/7

Is there a way to continue launching the game through Steam's Combined Ops launch method? I.e. use the launch options menu to set parameters to make it launch in beta similar to how Steam users use DayZ; -mod=@dayz'?

I want to launch the game through Steam so I can use the Steam overlay, instead of launching from the batch file for the beta, or a shortcut to said file.

If this method is possible, will it mean I can switch between standard and beta versions using Steam's launch options, similar to how I can activate/deactivate DayZ by putting in or removing the launch option parameters?

Cheers, haven't used beta patches for ArmA before.

Is there a way to continue launching the game through Steam's Combined Ops launch method? I.e. use the launch options menu to set parameters to make it launch in beta similar to how Steam users use DayZ; -mod=@dayz'?

I want to launch the game through Steam so I can use the Steam overlay' date=' instead of launching from the batch file for the beta, or a shortcut to said file.

If this method is possible, will it mean I can switch between standard and beta versions using Steam's launch options, similar to how I can activate/deactivate DayZ by putting in or removing the launch option parameters?

Cheers, haven't used beta patches for ArmA before.

[/quote']

I backed up the original files and overwrote them with the beta patch, runs through steam fine. Reverting is only a process of restoring the files set aside.

So does every player need this patch?

If so, then all servers should force the use of this patch and someone should post an announcement of this with info how to install and use it. Even better would be to have a DayZ installer with the latest OA patch included and a .exe to launch the mod with the beta.

Or is it so that only the server needs it? And in that case all servers should put it in use immediately.

Still not working for me.

People can hear my talking in side channel, when i change the channel to direct communication and try it, then ask the person im in skype with if they heard me in game, the answer is no.

Install the beta patch Type this in the steam ARMA2:OA launch options.

"-mod=D:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;Expansion;ca;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@dayz" -nosplash

(For those that installed @dayz in ARMA2:OA folder.) That will launch the mod, combined operations and the beta exe.

If you are not used to arma2 and mods, just download great program called Arma2 Launcher 1.4.1.

1) Install Arma2 Launcher and update it to 1.4.1

2) Set path for Arma2 and Arma2 OA and Arma2 Beta executables

3) Move @dayz from available addons to right side box and check it on

4) Check on use beta

5) Check/Choose Game type Arma2 CO

6) Launch game or click "Create shortcut"

http://download.spiritedmachine.com/software/arma2launcher/arma2launcher-1_4_1_0.zip

BTW. =Olut= FI1 and EU9 betaservers updated to latest 92612 version.