meat pie

Is Dayz on steam any good?

HI I don,t play Dayz much but I sometimes use it on my desktop and when I do I use play with 6,but when I saw it come on steam I was happy but I don,t know if it is any good.

I looked it up and could not find out Should I use the steam version or play with 6.

Keep in mind I don,t play it much so things like having all the islands don,t matter. I am mainly talking about having a option to favorite servers and if the steam version is buggy or something.

I mean it seems good I just wont to know because I dont get around to playing it much but when I do I wont to make sure I have the best version.

Thanks

DayZ on Steam is just fine. I needed to remove my entire DayZ file in order for it to work. It updates auto-magically. Just like with the normal Arma 2 mod, you should be able to play on different maps.

Don't see why everyone shouldn't use it. I love the Steam interface so that I can now finally talk to my friends while playing and the screen shot ability isn't bad for those who want to use it.

I would imagine DayZCommander is good for playing on Taviana, Namalsk, and Panthera maps since it's just a one click download for DayZCommander.

• Like 1

too many troubles on steam version for me. I preffer dayzcommander more

Anyone know how to add Dayz to my steam overlay? Can't figure out how and the Dayz Wiki doesn't help.

Its all preference and if one is not working you can always use the other one (Steam or DayZ Commander). I like to use the Steam one because it logs my hours and I can take screenshots easily.

• Like 1

trooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll im back!!!!!!!!!!!! , and yes it is on steam but i rather have the dayz commander!!!!!

In dayzcommander you can also easily download other maps for dayz. Dunno if it is possible on steam. As i said: me and 2 mates had problem with steam version.

Its all preference and if one is not working you can always use the other one (Steam or DayZ Commander). I like to use the Steam one because it logs my hours and I can take screenshots easily.

This is actually the main reason I use Steam.

If you go under the settings in DayZ Commander you can choose to make DayZ launch through Steam. I launch that way. The convenience of Commander plus screenshots and playtime log of Steam.

Just use DayZCommander and tick launch using steam, the ArmA browser just isn't suited for DayZ so you will have trouble with a lot of servers as they are running different maps/mods/versions etc

Dayz commmander is better, and no I am not a spambot :P

Thanks one last thing though can I have the steam dayz and the play with 6 dayz installed at the same time and play them or can I only have one

Thanks!