RangaRage

Complaint regarding Camouflage Clothing from a Daywalker...

I, (thought), I was lucky enough to come across some Camouflage Clothing in a castle at night:

http://www.dayzwiki....uflage_Clothing

Thinking myself lucky, I quickly donned it and ditched my civilian clothing as it was taking up valuable backpack space. I moved on, and it wasn't until sunrise that I realised my error. Unfortunately as my in game character has bright orange hair, wearing 'camouflage' clothing now makes me stick out like a sore thumb as my hair is exposed. I'm basically a walking/running target.

I now have no option but to play at night as I won't last five minutes during the day. This brings back hurtful memories of my childhood where I was always picked on for being a ranga because I stood out from the crowd.

Please patch the game so I can at least loot one of those berets off a dead zombie.

Thank you.

Edited by RangaRage
  • Like 2

you can go to your profile and change your bright orange hair you crazy ginger bastard.

• Like 28

you can go to your profile and change your bright orange hair you crazy ginger bastard.

LOLOLOLOL. Made my fucking day.

Seriously though. @ OP. You're best off changing hair color lol.

Don't know why this is an issue.

Still LMAO @ this! best ever reply in any thread ever. You have my beans !!

looool. First post covers this I think.

I'd just like to add that I don't think we need to patch the game because you've chosen to have orange hair, seems a bit silly.

ROFLMAO ... I shared this with everyone at my office ... they don't even play DayZ and they are even laughing at this. :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans:

I, (thought), I was lucky enough to come across some Camouflage Clothing in a castle at night:

http://www.dayzwiki....uflage_Clothing

Thinking myself lucky, I quickly donned it and ditched my civilian clothing as it was taking up valuable backpack space. I moved on, and it wasn't until sunrise that I realised my error. Unfortunately as my in game character has bright orange hair, wearing 'camouflage' clothing now makes me stick out like a sore thumb as my hair is exposed. I'm basically a walking/running target.

I now have no option but to play at night as I won't last five minutes during the day. This brings back hurtful memories of my childhood where I was always picked on for being a ranga because I stood out from the crowd.

Please patch the game so I can at least loot one of those berets off a dead zombie.

Thank you.

Your white skin will make you stand out even more.

Once you go black you never go back :D (even better when you use the face camo aswell)

Edited by Easy_Tiger

Also looks at Profile picturephoto-thumb-69731.png?_r=1343266340 yep it's a ginger...

Also looks at Profile picturephoto-thumb-69731.png?_r=1343266340 yep it's a ginger... Edit....Mine is too.....photo-thumb-59549.jpg?_r=1347468549....Dammit...

Edited by DanielTy88

Maybe the infection outbreak came as a result of trying to find a cure for the ginger gene :o

Dear God, my sides, the pain from laughter.

so all the white people can be seen with camoflauge on

but the black people can't

racism

Good afternoon everyone,

I don't quite understand why everyone is praising the first response, or find him humorous for that matter. Why is it amusing that he's called me a, 'crazy ginger bastard?' Whilst I may indeed be a ginger, I don't believe I am crazy, or a bastard, (well at least to my best knowledge). If I was to reply to someone as a, 'crazy black bastard,' then whohey! People would be getting on their soapboxes and calling me a racist. Us Ranga's are one of the most persecuted races on the planet, yet in this age of political correctness people still choose to get stuck into us. I can't tell you how angry that makes me!

Anyway, Taco241's solution isn't realistic, (changing my profile). This game is all about realistic survival and I have chosen to play a white Ranga, (with glasses), as this best represents my real world persona. I don't want to be black… everyone wants to be black because they think it's cool. Also, they may patch in at a later date vitamin D absorption and as we are playing in Russia where there is less sunlight, fair coloured people actually perform better. I've got enough in game problems to deal with, let alone vitamin D deficiency.

As I see it there are two viable solutions, which are not only realistic but quite doable:

1) Patch in lootable berets off dead zombies.

2) Add more supermarket spawns, (i.e. just4men hair dye, fake tan to bronze me up a bit).

I prefer option 1) as option 2) seems a little too metrosexual for my liking.

One day, Rangas will be cool so I consider myself well ahead of the curve. My time will come.

1. You'll get your orange hair covered in zombie lice.

2. Sadly, shortly after the outbreak, hair products have been the first to vanish from stores.

But seriously, your ideas are way to over the top. This is a freakin game remember. You want to play as a ginger because its realistic? Then face the consequences of it. I seriously doubt you would be able to find hair products in a post apocalyptic super market in a POST SOVIET state. Would they even have hair products in the first place? And think about it, would you really want to wear a dead zombies hat?

You have stated your problem, and you have received a VERY reasonable answer. If you want to play realistically, then face the realistic consequences. How hard is it to change your profiles hair color? You can just simply imagine that you dyed it if it makes you feel any better.

Also, they may patch in at a later date vitamin D absorption and as we are playing in Russia where there is less sunlight, fair coloured people actually perform better.

Yeah, next you'll be asking for moldy socks. Welcome to game design.

Edited by mazer246

I only KOS gingers. Everyone else gets to pass by.

It's for the greater good mate.

I get the feeling the OP may be racist.

• Like 1