Sign in to follow this  
Galcian

Locking individual gear lists to servers.

Maybe a database table with codes for gear (1) = Backpack, (2) = Enfield (3) = Ammo (Enfield) (4) Ammo qty (15) in which the player name and number codes are stored in each server to save space and the reference number is used to track the gear a player had when they logged out of the server. An example from the top of my mind:

Galcian

Last Played 4/12/2013

Gear (1) (2) (3) (4 *15)

And so on... I'm not sure if you understand my idea but it would prevent server hoppers to go to empty servers, get uber loot and go back to gank in high population servers. Your opinion is appreciated and I don't know if it has been suggested but it would be a "control" of sorts to prevent abuse thru gearing in empty servers, and return to grief others. And since is a check the server does before logging off, you can preserve the gear you acquired legitimately in that playthrough.

• Like 1

what if my favourite server shuts down? i like the public hive idea and the possibilities it adds in terms of choosing where and when to play. On the other hand i see the problem with getting gear on low pop server and ghosting.

Maybe the standalone can save the gear to the server cause we can be sure the server will not go down or change its map.