Shrapnell

Starting Gear.. sucks.

If I am to drop my starting gear and continue playing on this server, I will have a major disadvantage against other players.

"major disadvantage"? Look, It takes me one-two hours to get fully geared (food, tools, weapons, ...). If you are so terrified to survive that amount of time with armed players who you can easily avoid, dayz is not for you.

_Anubis_

You're just having bad luck. If you really want to find a balanced server, then try out Balota Buddies. We don't have that crap.

But just search around, you'll find good ones. Maybe play on public hives for a while.

there is only one bad thing about bolata buddies and that problem is NO HUNGER OR THIRST this really annoyed me i stopped playing on this server after i noticed

anyway back on topic - youre just having bad luck im sure you will find a server you like and once you do bobs your uncle.

good luck finding a server

What makes this really sad, is the fact that the majority of the most populated servers are these "spawn with sniper, NV, GPS, 500+ vehicles" type of servers. At least most are nicely labeled, but I honestly struggle to find servers with enough players that doesn't have silly starting gear.

Sorry but I'm finding this hard to understand; because they spawned you with loot your quitting the server?

Why not just find a loot pile and drop all your stuff and start from scratch on the server, instead of complaining about all the servers?

Because you are at a disadvantage then. But yeah, find a vanilla server.

Okay, first of all- I'm all fine with these Private Hive servers and stuff having players spawn with say, makarovs, but sometimes they really cross the line.

I just got DayZ a while ago, after seeing all the heart-pumping videos. Expecting that experience, I installed using DayZ Commander.

I joined some servers and after playing on two, I went on another. Instead of being greeted with a simple makarov or nothing when I spawned, it threw me a huge backpack, a winchester shotgun, a G17, a bunch of ammunition, bandages, a hunting knife, a map, and many essential survival tools.

I left after a bit, feeling as if I was playing unlegit.

Afterwards, I joined another and this time it threw me in with an FN FAL along with ammunition. Frustrated, I left.

I joined another server to spawn with an M14A1 and a revolver. Once again, I quit.

The next server I joined was worst.

I was greeted with a ghille suit, a sniper rifle, a silenced M9, 5 bandages, essential survival tools, and plenty- PLENTY- of ammunition.

Are other people experiencing this problem? It gives me a bad taste in my mouth. If most servers are like this, I'm not going to like most servers, or am I just having some bad luck?

I want to play the mod I saw on the forums, not a game where I run around with guns I didn't earn and mess around.

I would have suggested the private hive i play on but unfortunately they have now decided to give new spawns a g36 camo , coyote backpack and loads of kit........

I understand where OP is coming from, as usually when I join a server that gives too much starting gear I just log off and find another. As mentioned the description usually tells me enough to stay away from them, but every once in a while I find one that isn't. It's not a big deal, I can just log off and find another.

I don't mind a can of beans, a coke, a few bandages, and a coyote pack. I can even roll with a makarov and a few mags, a hatchet, or morphine. Those things are easy enough to get it doesn't hinder the scavenging experience for me. Sometimes if I'm in the mood I'll drop everything including the bandages and go at it "naked". There's a certain fun I get from that, but obviously it's not for everyone.

Let the "I wanna AS50 all da time" kiddies play on their servers, so they stay off of mine. Really, I don't mind. If they're all congregated in a few places they're easy to avoid.The servers I play on I discovered through just hopping on and trying them, and I only kept playing on a few of them. It takes some time, but finding a server you like is paramount to enjoying the game IMO.

tl:dr - Don't sweat it OP, you gotta wade through some shit to find some gold.

• Like 1

"major disadvantage"? Look, It takes me one-two hours to get fully geared (food, tools, weapons, ...). If you are so terrified to survive that amount of time with armed players who you can easily avoid, dayz is not for you.

_Anubis_

Stop being a douchebag. I personally hate when servers give you shit at spawn. If you already got what you're looking for, you can't just drop it and start over. And I also don't like the idea of the admins being so bad at this game that they need handouts to survive the first moments.

• Like 1

no problem with custom loot, but I don't even like servers where you start with a makarov, let alone stronger firearms.

I understand that servers with special zones (like trading zones) give maps into start-loot. I can live with having 2 bandages and 1 morphine from the beginning, just to be able to cure a broken bone. Can of coke and can of beans, also ok.

But the only thing starter-weapons do, is transform a server into a PVP deathmatch arena. I don't like that at all.

Stop being a douchebag. I personally hate when servers give you shit at spawn. If you already got what you're looking for, you can't just drop it and start over. And I also don't like the idea of the admins being so bad at this game that they need handouts to survive the first moments.

Stop bitching about problems you have because the world does not suits you. Don't like starting with gear? Either drop it or change server. End of Story. You can do everything you want.

Why you keep moaning about "ohh I do not like this" - "ohh I hate that". The game is free to use and configure and so are servers and admins. Get over with it and move on.

_Anubis_

• Like 1

Until the standalone, heart-pumping action isn't normally caused by the zombies, sadly. Hopefully the standalone will fix this. I want to have panic-attack inducing moments with zombies, but the ones in the mod don't cause them that often. The players on the other hand, do.

Until the standalone, no PVP- sadly- really means no fear. Sure, zombies, they sometimes get you, but most of the time they don't make you furiously keep those buttons on your keyboard tight so you can make sure you survive.

Hopefully the standalone will fix this.

If the zombie mod, in it's current state, isn't doing it for you then maybe you might want to try Wasteland.

It's still about survival. You still have to watch your health; eat; drink; find gear.

Edited by OFC_Bill

there is only one bad thing about bolata buddies and that problem is NO HUNGER OR THIRST this really annoyed me i stopped playing on this server after i noticed

anyway back on topic - youre just having bad luck im sure you will find a server you like and once you do bobs your uncle.

good luck finding a server

That was a glitch because of something that went wrong during updating from 1.7.4.4 to 1.7.6.0

It's all fixed now.

• Like 1

i have not misunderstood at all..

You dont like the servers which give you loot when you spawn..

So why not just drop the loot?

Because everyone else wont.

• Like 1

Stop bitching about problems you have because the world does not suits you. Don't like starting with gear? Either drop it or change server. End of Story. You can do everything you want.

Why you keep moaning about "ohh I do not like this" - "ohh I hate that". The game is free to use and configure and so are servers and admins. Get over with it and move on.

_Anubis_

We're allowed to complain.

• Like 1

Yes, of course. But do you realize you are complaining about something you can change by pressing a button on your pc?

If you want to discuss about how much dayz is ... spawning with an AS-50 and loads of ammo then I am with you. It is stupid and does defy the purpose of the game. I play only on private servers to avoid hacking, but those servers are vanilla or, they give you a makarov (which I dump anyway, because I dislike it) or a can of coke. Big deal.

That's a choice. I do not play on a server giving full gear because it means automatically CoD play, not my cup of tea.

But going on a server that gives you full gear and complaining about it, what's the point? Just smile and press the abort button. Pick another server, there are tons of them.

_Anubis_

Edited by _Anubis_

Yes, of course. But do you realize you are complaining about something you can change by pressing a button on your pc?

If you want to discuss about how much dayz is ... spawning with an AS-50 and loads of ammo then I am with you. It is stupid and does defy the purpose of the game. I play only on private servers to avoid hacking, but those servers are vanilla or, they give you a makarov (which I dump anyway, because I dislike it) or a can of coke. Big deal.

That's a choice. I do not play on a server giving full gear because it means automatically CoD play, not my cup of tea.

But going on a server that gives you full gear and complaining about it, what's the point? Just smile and press the abort button. Pick another server, there are tons of them.

_Anubis_

I like to RANT. Your logic is practically- "If you don't like it, don't watch it." :/

• Like 1

Ahhh ... Okay I respect your statement, everybody can rant or vent frustration (I did that myself more than a couple of times).

Beans to you in this case.

_Anubis_

That was a glitch because of something that went wrong during updating from 1.7.4.4 to 1.7.6.0

It's all fixed now.

yay i was doing really really good i have a akm with 6 mags matches hatchet everything you could want im sure ill make a bandit very happy one day

I hate when that happens. It should be mandatory to say whether you spawn with weapons or not on the server name.

Meh, I made my server load-out a CZ550, a few rounds of ammo, a makarov, and NO food or water....its mostly to make everyone a threat and its actually reduced the KOS a little, knowing that everyone can shoot back.

• Like 1