mr0zzy99

DayZ standalone - The Walking Dead

Hi!

I have been watching the walking dead for a few weeks.

It's a great show and it's just awesome. (In my opinion)

One cool thing I would like to see in standalone is The Walking Dead clothes and character settings.

Like it would be possible to change your hair like Rick or Shane or have clothes that they have.

It's not a big thing but I would like to see it in standalone.

Have a great day!

-Ozzy

I too watch the Walking Dead, although I think it's not great if anything mediocre but sadly it's the only zombie show currently out and everyone's into drama nowadays. But I think having their clothes and hair is eh, but having some sort of cameo/easter egg referencing the series would be neat.

• Like 1

Not a huge fan of the show, but perhaps you will be able to customize your character's face / hair in the standalone more than is currently possible. Heh, maybe your hair will grow over time and you'll have to find scissors or a knife and cut it.

• Like 1

Are you talking about finding their actual clothes or clothes that are similar? Also to anyone that even somewhat likes the Walking Dead show check out the TWD graphic comic books. They are a great and quick read plus the storyline is so different from the show and yet there are so many similarities. For one difference I actually like Andreas character in the comic while I am not going to be too bummed if/when she gets offed in the show.

I too watch the Walking Dead, although I think it's not great if anything mediocre but sadly it's the only zombie show currently out and everyone's into drama nowadays. But I think having their clothes and hair is eh, but having some sort of cameo/easter egg referencing the series would be neat.

While I watch Walking Dead, I personally hate the drama on the show sometimes. Where, it would have things like

Shane having an affair with Rick's wife and then a possibility of it being his baby, like wtf?

. I just wanted to watch a show where it focuses around Rick surviving in the apocalypse, the kind of thing, imo, that hooked the audience in the first place. That's just my opinion, however.

To answer your question, I think these would be regarded as easter eggs. Are you suggesting to change your hair?

I'm not trying to be trollbait, but...

The Walking Dead show is overrated. It's slow, it's story is uninteresting, and all of its characters are carbon-copy cardboard-cutouts that develop zero emotional attachment with the audience. Also, the grainy white/tan-wash filter is very unpleasant to the eye.

The only good thing that came out of TWD tv show was TWD RPG by Telltale Games.

Anyway:

A customization feature for the head (hair color, style, length. Beard color, style, length. Eye color, shape. Skin color) would be pretty neat. It'd make me feel a lot more attached to my character, and I'd be able to shoot people because I don't like their Mohawk or fohawk or mullet.

• Like 1

I think there will be a wide variety of clothing, so you can look like any character you want.

Cap, long sleeve blue shirt, outdoors pants, hiking boots and a shotgun: Shane

Sleeveless, jeans + Crossbow: Daryl :D

Nothing is the same since Frank Darabont left.

I would like to go around dressed as a sheriff's deputy.

I cant think of anyone who would disagree with adding the option to look as sexy as me.

The Walking Dead show is overrated. It's slow, it's story is uninteresting, and all of its characters are carbon-copy cardboard-cutouts that develop zero emotional attachment with the audience. Also, the grainy white/tan-wash filter is very unpleasant to the eye.

Anyway:

A customization feature for the head (hair color, style, length. Beard color, style, length. Eye color, shape. Skin color) would be pretty neat. It'd make me feel a lot more attached to my character, and I'd be able to shoot people because I don't like their Mohawk or fohawk or mullet.

Well the show is slow for now i admit that, but the first season had a decent narrative pace and everything was moving pretty well. Now it takes about two episodes for someone to go to the store.

Well the show is slow for now i admit that, but the first season had a decent narrative pace and everything was moving pretty well. Now it takes about two episodes for someone to go to the store.

I did like its first season more, but it's focus shifted wildly in the next 2. It's social dynamics don't even make it a good drama; The Walking Dead can't claim to be a good action, horror, or drama show, making it a fail in all three genres, so I don't see what they can do to attract smart fans.

I'm not trying to insult the intelligence of TWD's audience, don't get me wrong! I can't judge someone on the kind of TV they like (Unless it's The Jersey Shore, in which case the conversation is over), but I don't think TWD attracts a smart fanbase. It attracts the zombie-lover fanbase, it makes everyone get forced to watch it because their girlfriend watches it, and it had a well-timed tweeny takeover, but every time I've tried to enjoy TWD, I felt.. brain dead. There's no thought. It's, "Okay, he's looting the store. Okay, he's shooting zombies. Okay, I could have guessed the last 20 minutes of dialogue."

I'm not trying to start a Flamewar between shows, so don't get me wrong, but take a show like Breaking Bad. There were good plot twists almost constantly, but the show was easy to follow. Even the slow episodes were funny. The only thing Breaking Bad did wrong was the last season was an attempt to make as much money on the show as possible; the story line was already over in my opinion.

Or Firefly, which Fox canceled. It was basically an apocalyptic space western, with some cowboy-inspired clothing and weapon designed, spaceships, and interplanetary travelling insane rapist cannibals, who'd kill you first if you're lucky. It's plot was pretty good, with plot twists and action every episode, until the last few episodes where the plot pivots to focus on two boring characters I had no interest in. You can watch Firefly on Netflix. It has the actor that plays Castle.

NCIS is a pretty good show. None of its episodes are straightforward, and the episodic sitcom-style is tied together by a lose plot that develops several characters believably across several episodes. I'm just waiting for Zana (?) and Dinozzo to call the Stork.

I cant think of anyone who would disagree with adding the option to look as sexy as me.

Rick Grimes does not have a full stop at the start of his name and i'm pretty sure he dosen't live in the UK nor does he have internet.

The walking dead season 1 and Half way through Season 2 was great but now its just lacking creativity dragging out boring and predictable outcomes, they have dragged out this stupid prison shit far to long, a whole season in the prison has been a let down imo. Don't get me wrong I still like the show, and tune in every week to see it, and as much as the writers want to stay away from the Comic series story line and only have some similarities, imo if they stick to a little more to the comic series story line it would be a hell of a lot more interesting, but they tone down the tv series imo so that stupid little kids can watch it also having more viewers.

So anyway I have no idea what my point is.

The point of the walking dead IS inter survivor relations. It's not a zombie slashing flick, and none of the good zombie movies ever where.

• Like 1

If what rocket said becomes reality, every player should be able to customize the face as he wants to. He'd even want everyone to be able to use his real face if he wants to. I don't know if that has been overthrown by now for some reason or if it's still on the table.

As long as you can locally set your face, I'm ok with it tough. As long as there is no Face-DLC like "play hitman in tombraider multiplayer"-bullshit, I am fine with almost everything.

I don't think they will go through with adding a feature to make your real face because of all the dick heads.

If there's loads of different combinations of hair and face and stuff I think TWD style stuff would be cool but if the selection was small then no it would feel forced.

The Walking Dead is the theme on both of my servers (Cherno and Overwatch) both heavily modded.

Join sometime and I am positive you will like the intro if you are a fan of the Walking Dead!

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Edited by Nick Stewart

The walking dead season 1 and Half way through Season 2 was great but now its just lacking creativity dragging out boring and predictable outcomes, they have dragged out this stupid prison shit far to long, a whole season in the prison has been a let down imo. Don't get me wrong I still like the show, and tune in every week to see it, and as much as the writers want to stay away from the Comic series story line and only have some similarities, imo if they stick to a little more to the comic series story line it would be a hell of a lot more interesting, but they tone down the tv series imo so that stupid little kids can watch it also having more viewers.

You're allowed to have an opinion, but it is somewhat bothersome when people feel that they have to bring up their opinion on the basis of the matter instead of the suggestion itself. It's similar to how the suggestions about putting DayZ on consoles worked out; instead of actually discussing why or why not, the threads turned into a shitfest of people fighting over which is better. 

aka, give your opinion on the suggestion itself... 

(And yes, I am only saying this because I'm butthurt and I enjoy the show. No need to call me out on being a hypocrite, I know I am.)

On topic; There could be some sort of easter egg attributed to the show, or the games or whatever part of the series you prefer. I don't really get why people would suggest easter eggs, the whole point is for people to have to discover them first :P

Edited by Chaingunfighter

The Walking Dead is the theme on both of my servers (Cherno and Overwatch) both heavily modded.

Join sometime and I am positive you will like the intro if you are a fan of the Walking Dead!

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Please do not hijack topics to advertise your servers. This topic is six months old.