Sign in to follow this  
adanteh

Weapon Safety Switch

Please, please add a safety switch! I think it's weird that Arma doesn't have this, seeing it's a milsim and I don't know if it's possible. If I point my flashlight at a grey wall (Like in fire station), shouldn't it reflect enough light for me to at least have some vision in the entire room? Lowering doesn't work seeing you point the gun downwards then.. It's the same with using a DMR as binos... Again, safety switch would be welcome. It's even worse if you have a pistol.. no lowering that one.

Edit: I do believe ACE has a safety feature, which is basically just a lowering thing, but you need to press an actual button to be able to raise it again. Still won't work for the purposes intended.

I agree, would be a very nice feature, would stop accidentally firing when using the scroll wheel options.

I've had a gun go off when returning from Windows via alt-tab.

As a funny side feature, it could be used to signal friendliness at close range

'clickclickclickclick' not going to shoot you :P

Too much to ask, but if there was a brief "taking safety off" animation, that would be swimming.

Lower rifle or drop all your ammo and pick it up again to unchamber the rifle. Press reload to chamber a round.

That does happen to a lot of people, never have that problem myself though. I just think it's a lot more helpful to run around with my gun on safety to prevent misfiring.

That does happen to a lot of people' date=' never have that problem myself though. I just think it's a lot more helpful to run around with my gun on safety to prevent misfiring.

[/quote']

Press esc before you alt tab and it wont happen.

I've had that happen as well. My friend even returned once from being tabbed out and his trigger was registering as being held down and he emptied an AK clip into a wall in the middle of a town. That was a bad day.

+1. Just press F enough times to hear a soft click and an icon at the right side of the screen resembling a lock show up. When you take it off, the lock goes away.

That does happen to a lot of people' date=' never have that problem myself though. I just think it's a lot more helpful to run around with my gun on safety to prevent misfiring.

[/quote']

Press esc before you alt tab and it wont happen.

Yep, got into this habit now :)

+1 not a bad feature to add to the mod, just wouldn't put it at the top of the list unless it is very quick to code/add.

Safety switch would be a great idea. Due to how rare some ammo is, I find it a pain how I often will alt+tab, and instead of alt+tabbing back in, I accidently left-click the icon on the taskbar, which will alt+tab you back in and firing your gun.. Which will lead to a world of butthurt. When I rarely carry I weapon (I travel leight and like to look as friendly as I can), I like to double tap ctrl, so I point my gun down and it looks less like I am going to shoot another survivor, as it would if I had my gun up pointing at someone's head while talking to them. This only works with primary weapons.

As someone who plays on a laptop with a touchpad that has the "touch to click" feature this would be helpful when I don't feel like using my wireless mouse.

It's really not for the alt-tabbing by the way. As long as you alt-tab back you don't fire. Also, if you are going to alt tab just lower your weapon/open gear/press esc and you won't fire. I don't really care lowering either, because this means you can't use the flashlight or scope.

double tap crtl then you lower your weapon, if you hit fire you raise it again and you are rdy to shoot