Sign in to follow this  
timboski

Driving miss zombie

Hopefully this hasn't been suggested before (I did do a half assed search btw) so I would like to suggest the following:

1. Zombie vehicle crashes. These would be like heli crash sites but spawn on roads randomly (out of player range). Basically imagine you hear a vehicle speeding towards you. Ok nothing unusual but then as it gets close you realise it's driving erratically (swerving from side to side etc) and finally plows into a tree, wall or other obstruction. Zeds then vacate the vehicle and begin attacking you (they could be injured from the crash if they introduce this kind of thing). You would get to use the vehicle but it would be heavily damaged. The vehicle could also have some random loot inside (could be a family with food/medical supplies and some basic weapons fleeing the horror). I think it would be a good one for immersion.

2. Zombies entering vehicles. No real reason for this more than it would be pretty funny. Imagine your team all get in their vehicle ready for another adventure. You all head off and someone does a quick head count Then to your horror you realise you have an unwanted hitchiker. the brakes are slammed on and hilarity ensues :D

3. Zombies near vehicles could enter them and maybe try to drive off. Ok the weakest of the 3 but it could be quite annoying especially if you are in a bush scoping a car out, you are sure there is nobody about and are just about to make your move when a zed gets in it and slams it into a wall :D

Ok yes I know these are stupid but until the SA come out they will get worse and worse.

Thoughts?

Edited by Timboski
  • Like 1

Ok yes I know these are stupid but until the SA come out they will get worse and worse.

So your objective was to post silly suggestions that you know are just plain stupid? Why post at all?

So your objective was to post silly suggestions that you know are just plain stupid? Why post at all?

Well actually I think the first of the three is semi decent. But to answer your question: because I felt like it,

I like the idea of Zombies in crashed vehicles, implying that the owner of the previous vehicle had been killed and turned. Also taking the proper precaution to check your vehicles before you hop in and drive off because there might be a Zed hiding on the floor board is a pretty nice concept. However, zombies driving....yeah a bit much. I know I've always been a fan of random events happening on servers. Say a military failed offensive so you have a few military vehicles and military zombies in random places, the random car crashes seems like an ok idea. Just this is suppose to be a bit after day 0 so not sure how plausible that really is.

Edited by ButtHat

Wouldn't random zombie crashes have to be scripted? I think artificial events is kind of against what makes DayZ great. Although I think that zeds spawning in vehicles is cool, especially if they were skinny as if they had been trapped for a while and slightly quicker than your standard zeds. I know this is a bit off topic now but mentioning the military zeds it would be nice if they received protection from their helmet or whatever gear they had.

This is horseshit. No to all except the fact that these are shitty suggestions. Dont post stupid stuff especially if you know its stupid.

Why, you ask. Zombies dont drive cars. Not even a meter. Some of them devolve to a state where they move with all limbs, do you think someone in that state can drive?

Edited by p4nnus
  • Like 1

As for your idea of a something like a heli crash, have random static cars spawn like how heli crashes spawn, but along the road or very near to them.

Civillian-Random Civi car (Ural, skoda, ect) cars that have more gear than normal (non immune people trying to escape), have a high chance of a civi gun, low chance of a military gun, a box of canned food and box of med supplies, as well as 1-4 zombies spawning near the wreckage.

Military- Random Military vehicle (UAZ, Camo Ural, etc), pretty much the same as a heli crash, 4-14 zombies spawn (depending on vehicle), Gear would range from Metric Shit Tonne (larger than an Imperial Shit Ton) of ammo, some of the 'rare' military guns, as well as food (MREs) and meds.

Another Idea based off yours (but more serious) would be zombies trapped in random vehicles (seatbelt). They can only damage you if your close enough to them, but they could 'call' other zombies to them if they become aware of you.

Edited by BigMike
  • Like 2

This is horseshit. No to all except the fact that these are shitty suggestions. Dont post stupid stuff especially if you know its stupid.

Why, you ask. Zombies dont drive cars. Not even a meter. Some of them devolve to a state where they move with all limbs, do you think someone in that state can drive?

I think someone needs a hug :D

Another Idea based off yours (but more serious) would be zombies trapped in random vehicles (seatbelt). They can only damage you if your close enough to them, but they could 'call' other zombies to them if they become aware of you.

Sounds good to me.

Edited by Timboski
  • Like 1

I like the idea of zombies in cars from when they were infected - but just sitting there doing nothing. Or else just have them be completely dead. Entering vehicles / driving seems like it gives them too much intelligence.

Sooo dayZ to the OP is permanently set "30 seconds after the outbreak" ?

Is that not the case anyway? After all people are still finding beans, guns, ammo etc. Not to mention the endless supply of zombies even though survivors are supposed to be immune to infection.

Is that not the case anyway? After all people are still finding beans, guns, ammo etc. Not to mention the endless supply of zombies even though survivors are supposed to be immune to infection.

Everyone is allowed to interpret the story as they want (that's the idea) but I think the date is a week or two after everything was starting to collapse. Beans can be found because nobody survived long enough to eat them and guns can be found with ammo because nobody was alive to pull the trigger. Body bags at army bases also show a bit of time passing where there would have been a few zombies and they had it under control for a certain time but were eventually overrun and all control was lost.

As for immunity, it's kind of unexplained but the game would be much harder if you could get infected and quickly die from a single zombie hitting you. Would be more 'realistic' maybe but it would probably take away from the game rather than add to it.

Well actually I think the first of the three is semi decent. But to answer your question: because I felt like it,

the first one is not as bad you are right, though stuff like this is meant to happen from players actually doing it not some scripted event. Part of the fun is hearing a car and knowing that a real person is driving it not a bot.

Also I said why post because it seems like you just want people to post how dumb it is so you can tell them to calm down.

Edited by Chris529

I like the idea of Zombies in crashed vehicles, implying that the owner of the previous vehicle had been killed and turned--

Zeds aren't dead, Butthat.

Everyone is allowed to interpret the story as they want (that's the idea) but I think the date is a week or two after everything was starting to collapse. Beans can be found because nobody survived long enough to eat them and guns can be found with ammo because nobody was alive to pull the trigger. Body bags at army bases also show a bit of time passing where there would have been a few zombies and they had it under control for a certain time but were eventually overrun and all control was lost.

As for immunity, it's kind of unexplained but the game would be much harder if you could get infected and quickly die from a single zombie hitting you. Would be more 'realistic' maybe but it would probably take away from the game rather than add to it.

the first one is not as bad you are right, though stuff like this is meant to happen from players actually doing it not some scripted event. Part of the fun is hearing a car and knowing that a real person is driving it not a bot.

Also I said why post because it seems like you just want people to post how dumb it is so you can tell them to calm down.

True though when I play I always imagine it's very soon after the outbreak and there might just be infected 'on the turn'. Since we already have heli crash sites (that to me says it's an army heli which recently crashed as one or more of the crew was infected) then why not other vehicles actually being driven? I do agree though it would probably be less scary when you realise it's not another player driving though the reward is probably higher. I've been playing an origins server lately where 3 AI helis patrol the map and even once I figured out they were not player controlled it's still pretty unsettling to have them fly over.

I really just put that the ideas were stupid as I'm used to people giving me shit about them and thought I may as well do it myself. Actually some of the best ideas I see here get heavily criticized by most people.

• Like 1

IF you read my other posts in the suggestion forum you will see that it's a generel opinion i have. I sort of hope for "packaged/manufactured" goods to be rarer or to come at a cost, with reasonable "survivalist" alternatives.