jezex90

Infected Zombies Should Prioritise Attacking Weaker Survivors

E.g. If two survivors are within 20 m of each other and they alert a large number of Zs, the player with the least amount of health should be prioritised as an 'easier target'.

This would have its implications with sacrificing another person in order for you to make an escape

Zombies cannot "prioritise", for they lack the ability to make decisions.

• Like 1

Zombies are mindless. They're not a pack of wolves. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having read this. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul...

• Like 4

Yeah, I think it's because I'm using a proxy. They block DayZ forum in Afghanistan :\

Zombies are not concious, therefore they cannot make decisions to benefit them. In other words they're fueled by instinct, just to eat.

I'd just like to point out that these are supposed to be 'infected', not traditional zombies. They don't have to follow the predefined rules about zombies, so I wouldn't say it's completely out of the question.

E.g. If two survivors are within 20 m of each other and they alert a large number of Zs, the player with the least amount of health should be prioritised as an 'easier target'.

This would have its implications with sacrificing another person in order for you to make an escape

Shoot your buddy's legs then and run away cackling like a hyena.

He'll understand why.

Maybe if the zombie were to hear or smell a survivor they'd go for one that's been recently bleeding or been hurt. But it'd be pointless implementig this really..

So I take it none of you have even seen a Zombie movie before?

They -always- go for the slower/weaker individual first.

If your buddy is bleeding out and unable to bandage himself and you're perfectly fine, in this scenario who do you think a zombie (or zed) would go for as you both hobble for your life?

The mechanic would work so that in this scenario, your buddy, if he so wished, would get the attention of the pursuers allowing his friend to run off to safety.

Perhaps when I said 'prioritize' as a mechanic I may have confused you; a Zombie/Zed need not 'think' to be attracted to the shiny red stuff.

However, DayZ's Zeds are not 'Zombified' in the conventional sense and whether they consume their prey or just beat the living daylights out of them a la '28 Days Later' has not been clarified in the official canon (as far as I know) and the viability of this mechanic would rely heavily on that.

Apologies for being so curt.

Edited by Big Hat Logan

I think that's more of a coincidence than anything else.

The slower, weaker folks tend to fall behind when it's every man for himself.

It's a first come, first served (for dinner) basis.

I think that's more of a coincidence than anything else.

The slower, weaker folks tend to fall behind when it's every man for himself.

It's a first come, first served (for dinner) basis.

I suppose you're right. I also think that I may have overreacted to the negative review of my less than spectacular suggestion. It can be locked/deleted if as a moderator sees fit.