Absmoke

How to choose a good server?

Hi everybody! Lately I've been hanging around different servers, some with hackers, some with a low chance finding stuffs & vehicles, etc... So, I wanted to know, what are the criterias to find a good server? and what's better, a public (official) or private one?

Thanks a lot, and if you know a good server please let me know ;)

Thats a great question. Yesterday I was in a game that took me over an hour to find a weapon. I found a 4 wheeler but it was in the middle of nowhere and needed a tire which I didnt have lol

Thats a great question. Yesterday I was in a game that took me over an hour to find a weapon. I found a 4 wheeler but it was in the middle of nowhere and needed a tire which I didnt have lol

I know dude, that's the problem, I don't know how to "understand" if the quality of a server is good or not before trying it.. there are no marks or something to know it.

Servers that have multiple restarts in the day. I found a server yesterday that restarts every 6 hours. Typically private hives are more known for less hacking issues. but public hives aren't that bad either

Balota buddies. Its server run by the DayZ forum moderators and its hard to find a better one. You have to get whitelisted though. PM me if you need any help.

http://balotabuddies.net/

Edited by colekern
  • Like 3

Finding a server with active admins is the key. Have a look through the server area or of course you could just use the link Colekern posted :)

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 2

Any server that I can join where it's daylight is a good server to me :)

Eheh I agree so much dude.

Balota buddies. Its server run by the DayZ forum moderators and its hard to find a better one. You have to get whitelisted though. PM me if you need any help.

http://balotabuddies.net/

Wow thanks! How do I get whitelisted? and what's the server name to type on DayZ Commander?

The guide to getting Whitelisted (including a step by step vid) is on the website. The servers and free Teamspeak are also listed there.

The servers are based in America, Australia and Europe/UK so pretty much everywhere's covered.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

try mine, myself, other admins/regulars make it little missions to completely destroy badly damaged vehicles and then I run the create vehicle script in control panel so more vehicles spawn on restart

Check the "get whitelisted" thread and follow the instructions there. I believe the teamspeak IP is the server IP, which you can put into your DayZ Commander favorites and join the server there. If that doesn't work, try searching US46 in the search.

The server is ridiculously customized by the way

P.S. Read ALL the rules and the ENTIRE video.

Check the "get whitelisted" thread and follow the instructions there. I believe the teamspeak IP is the server IP, which you can put into your DayZ Commander favorites and join the server there. If that doesn't work, try searching US46 in the search.

The server is ridiculously customized by the way

P.S. Read ALL the rules and the ENTIRE video.

Hmm I don't find it in Dayz Commander.. Is it possible I can't see it cos I'm from europe and I can see only european servers? Edited by Absmoke

Feel free to check out our private community.

Its very easy to get the password for the server, just goto our forum.

http://huntersden.forumotion.com

you can also check out our forum to see if your interested.

100% hacker free, lots of other features. all the info is on the forum. you can also talk to other members in the shoutbox or IRC chat :)

edit-just put "hunters den" in the filter of any launcher, you'll just need the password (I'm online now if you visit the forum I can get you set up quickly)

Edited by dizzmain

Hmm I don't find it in Dayz Commander.. Is it possible I can't see it cos I'm from europe and I can see only european servers?

If you're from Europe your better off trying UK46 although you'll get good ping on the US one too.

• Like 1

Check out Deadly Gamings server as well. Great group of guys. Its a Private hive with active admins, and you dont need to be whitelisted (yet).

Servers that have multiple restarts in the day. I found a server yesterday that restarts every 6 hours. Typically private hives are more known for less hacking issues. but public hives aren't that bad either

True, I found a server which restarts every 4 hours, not bad ;)

I highly reccomend Balota buddies.

Also vehicles and weapons being easy to find does NOT = good server.

High end weaponry should be hard to get and vehicles are a high value item, I remember when I first started playing having a Lada was like having a giant E-peen in game.

• Like 1

I highly reccomend Balota buddies.

Also vehicles and weapons being easy to find does NOT = good server.

High end weaponry should be hard to get and vehicles are a high value item, I remember when I first started playing having a Lada was like having a giant E-peen in game.

What does "whitelisted" mean??

It depends on the context but using Balota Buddies as an example it means that you can't access the servers until you're added to the Whitelist. We do that by adding your GUID to a database which then means you can log in whenever you want. The process only takes about 5 mins or less but it works really well and seems to put hackers off even trying.

The downside of it is that it takes a lot longer to build up a good playerbase which is why many admins still don't use it, they want instant full servers. In my opinion it's still one of the best way's of ensuring that the servers stay hack free.

The BB servers are all well established and all have a good amount of regular players with more coming all the time so you won't find yourself running around on empty servers. I think there's well over 2000 registered players now.

Of course there's many other good servers around too, it's a case of finding one that's good for you. It can take a bit of time but it's well worth it if you just want to enjoy the game without worrying about hackers.

Edited by Fraggle