mattlightfoot

DayZ Developer Blog 8th March

what about the weapons? I heard, in standalone will be less...

So can we expect, animations for weapons in 1st person, like reloading/ bolt action/ ammo feeding in ... etc? :)

what about the weapons? I heard, in standalone will be less...

So can we expect, animations for weapons in 1st person, like reloading/ bolt action/ ammo feeding in ... etc? :)

I really hope so. I guess when they do the new motion capturing we'll find out :)

• Like 1

I really hope so. I guess when they do the new motion capturing we'll find out :)

thank you for info man! :thumbsup: :beans:

I'm not really sure what you mean? Do you mean how is the team organised? If you do then Rockets the Lead Project Manager and Matt's his production assistant.

Yes thats what i mean, Who is making Dayz really? i know Dean hall is the boss but who is his employer?

Is bohemia interactive producing this game?

Edit: in that case how many people from bohemia is working on dayZ now that they are also producing arma3 wich has become a success because of dayz,

Bohemia interactive has 140 employes total, and probably not alot of those are game designers.

Edited by Serious Stan

Yes thats what i mean, Who is making Dayz really? i know Dean hall is the boss but who is his employer?

Is bohemia interactive producing this game?

Well BIS is funding the game if that's what you mean. I don;t really know the ins and outs of contracts ect. but it looks like they've given them a pretty open book in terms of what they can do, timescales ect. I remember Rocket talking about it at some point, for all intense and purposes, when it comes to DayZ, Rockets the Boss.

I think he talks about it in one of the early devblogs when they first got the go ahead to make the SA.

Edited by Fraggle

I have read somewhere, that SA will be released before april(maybe)... - but I think this will not happen, or?

Lets be realistic in this case, when you look the latest dev.video, I think it will last +3/4 month till we can have SA released...

This looks like many work to go...

I have read somewhere, that SA will be released before april(maybe)... - but I think this will not happen, or?

Lets be realistic in this case, when you look the latest dev.video, I think it will last +3/4 month till we can have SA released...

This looks like many work to go...

Sure as hell is not in the devlog. So your sources is misguiding son, and for whatever reasons you think this game would be done in 3 months i cannot understand.

They said so themselfes in this very video that they are making some kind of skeletor thingy, a new skin.

And they have to make all the vehicles or import/fix them. and the guns and all other content like trashloot customization of all that shit they promise this game wont come out for another year in this rate.

Sure as hell is not in the devlog. So your sources is misguiding son, and for whatever reasons you think this game would be done in 3 months i cannot understand.

They said so themselfes in this very video that they are making some kind of skeletor thingy, a new skin.

And they have to make all the vehicles or import/fix them. and the guns and all other content like trashloot customization of all that shit they promise this game wont come out for another year in this rate.

It's being released in Alpha and then developed for many months after that. As for an actual date, anything you hear is just pure speculation.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 2

so why are the kidding us? They can be honest - and say, "this will be released at the end of 2013" etc..

not month to month...

1.december2012

2.april2013

whats now?

Don´t get me wrong. I really know they have much stuff to do and the priority is, to make a great SA-game..

But I don´t like it, to hold us fans back... :(

Well that's wrong. They've already said many times that it will follow the Minecraft release model. Release in Alpha/Beta at discounted prices, so it won't take a year, hell I'd be fine buying it right now (I bought Minecraft in Alpha for about four quid, and look at it now).

Edited by Pokey

The following are some of the features suggested by Rocket:

• In-depth storyline
  • Crafting system
  • Underground construction
  • Destructable environment
  • New inventory management
  • Improved HUD
  • Improved audio and visual cues
  • Improved zombie AI/pathing - CHECK
  • Zombie lifecycle
  • Improved security
  • Weapon and gear degradation
  • More accessible buildings

Edited by Serious Stan
  • Like 1

pure speculation but it is either before april 1st for a public alpha build or its not till rocket comes back it really is that simple. (is the 6 month period away timed with release !)

no speculation why would you release one of the biggest things and not be there for launch ? you wouldnt.

also as i have said many many times for get this is not done or that is not done its about sales boys and girls as is every game ever released ! its not done for love :lol: if it was for love it would be free. it isnt its a busines.

so with video game there are key periods in the year which big game releases are done . the last one was missed in december next is dun dun dahhhhh easter just as rocket goes away ;)

so this is how its going to go down

alpha release before rocket goes away april 1st

or late november december which if it is its going to be hard to swallow. (november to december best period to release a video game for sales)

seeing as rocket is going away for six months is it means hell be back for about october november. hehe the pieces are fitting nicely :lol:

just remember who said what when you playing the alpha :)

Edited by dgeesio

The following are some of the features suggested by Rocket:

• In-depth storyline
  • Crafting system
  • Underground construction
  • Destructable environment
  • New inventory management
  • Improved HUD
  • Improved audio and visual cues
  • Improved zombie AI/pathing - CHECK
  • Zombie lifecycle
  • Improved security
  • Weapon and gear degradation
  • More accessible buildings

Ofcourse there is alot more stuff suggested and mentioned by rocket or BIS. but all thats really needed for an alpha is.

No hackers

better optimized?

new content

• Like 1

all that is needed for alpha release is a stable game with a few new features which is publically playable to a reasonable amount. aslong as you can tell its different from the mod thats all people want and isnt a hackfest in public. alot of the other things are just icing on the dayz cake

• Like 1

so why are the kidding us? They can be honest - and say, "this will be released at the end of 2013" etc..

not month to month...

1.december2012

2.april2013

whats now?

There was only one rough release date announced, and that was before they re-assessed the development and decided to customize the Real Virtuality engine, so it was appropriate for what DayZ required.

No official source specified April this year. If you choose to believe what someone spouts onto a forum, then that's your call.

• Like 3

There was only one rough release date announced, and that was before they re-assessed the development and decided to customize the Real Virtuality engine, so it was appropriate for what DayZ required.

No official source specified April this year. If you choose to believe what someone spouts onto a forum, then that's your call.

DayZgame is released 1st april 2013 and 2014, Enjoy!

Edited by Serious Stan

its not about speculation its about money and when you utilize to get the most units sold. you do not miss these periods of sales

easter is a big sales period next isnt till near christmas ! this is why you never see big games released in summer for eg as everyone is breathing fresh air while its nice lolol

• Like 1

DayZgame is released 1st april 2013 and 2014, Enjoy!

I'm starting to worry about your reading comprehension ;). Anyway, all the info you need or that is available is in the devblogs, anything else that you hear is speculation.

Edited by Fraggle

The zombies should just speak with heavy English accent, will be scarier as we will run away from them

• Like 3

The zombies should just speak with heavy English accent, will be scarier as we will run away from them

DavidFarnsworth.png

"I's is David Farnsworth!"

its not about speculation its about money and when you utilize to get the most units sold. you do not miss these periods of sales

easter is a big sales period next isnt till near christmas ! this is why you never see big games released in summer for eg as everyone is breathing fresh air while its nice lolol

I know this may be the case for many, but Rocket has already stated that he wants as few people buying the standalone on release as he can get to enable stable growth. That kind of puts your point completely the other side of the spectrum to what he wants to do... and I hardly think Dean is one to make large choices based on the amount of money it's going to rake in.

Edited by Ingasmeeg

seeing as rocket is going away for six months is it means hell be back for about october november. hehe the pieces are fitting nicely :lol:

He leaves for Everest at the beginning of April and should be back beginning of June. Not sure where you are getting six months from.

Edited by smasht_AU

Another prime example of people talking absolute bollocks, and trying to pass it off as fact.

wouldnt it be nice to just say

we plan on releasing before april 1st , if not it wont be until nomber/december.

without the usual things in between.

• Like 1

Another prime example of people talking absolute bollocks, and trying to pass it off as fact.

no i got the everest thing wrong absolute bollocks = no

the game has to be out in either alpha public release build for easter or retail during the hot cristmas sales period late november / december.

what many dont understand is video games are a business first . you will be told whatever is needed in order to help make the sales period succesful. its marketing .

no person in this industry has no times cale that is bollocks. every product has a timeline a time of optimum sale. denying this is being idiotic.

rocket is going away as he has said april first or for april first so are they going to not be advised by him or stop production while hes gone?

are they not going to release for april first ? one of the key periods of games sales ! next one is in november and why call of duty always starts in that period.

so the launch is keyed to a key games sales period. the state of the game and time of aluch will be tied.

so if its to be april its a early alpha buiild for public if its november december its probably a retail or whatever higher priced release. will be quite frankly stunned if its not until then as alot of intrest will of been lost if its not until christmas hot period .

infact ill actually challenge rocket is the alpha build for dayz out before april first like i say it is or you waiting till oct 31st onwards during the cristmas hot period?

its one of those two periods. simple as.

Edited by dgeesio