Bagels42

Best AR for night fighting?

Personally I've been using the AKS-74 Kobra but it seems to be lacking a little bit in that department. I typically play during the night time and i don't have NVG's (i turn up my brightness and contrast to see, with the occasional chemlight). What do you guys recommend I go after in this situation? (Besides the L85 lol).

Thanks! I think that the M4 is more my style so I'll go after that.

• Like 1

NWAF South + NW Baracks.

StarySobor Tents.

Good Luck :)

FN FAL ANVPS is a beast with a scope if you can find one on a downed choper.

Search the fields around NWAF and around gvodzno

G36C-SD or the CCO SD.

Two of my favorites for night ops if I'm with my teamate, but it's always better to use with NVGs.

Edited by Intensity on DayZ

My choice would be the FN FAL AN/PVS-4 [this is assuming I have NVGs at the time].

It deals approximately 8k blood damage. Its scope is that of a 4x zoom, but is probably the best scope out of any weapon.

I'm not very good at night time :(

And I'm glad he made this post so I can see what to use during the night :3

Can anyone also give me some additional tips on what to do and what not to do during the night?

Im still a huge fan of the M4(A1 or A3) CCO... Not much scoping but definately 1 of the better guns imo in DayZ. Also like the AK kobra.. and sometimes I used the M16 with Acog.

Ps. If it's pitch black I wouldn't go running through big towns like cherno/elektro. Even with maxed out gamma/brightness sometimes you miss a Zed and can get trapped.

Edited by terrorizer33
  • Like 1

If you think your safe at night where its dangerous in daylight you have never been so wrong

in terms of a night time load out, I'd hit towns with a hatchet and a M9SD, MakarovSD, or a PDW with SD Mags.

In terms or night time weapons, DMR or the FN FAL AN/PVS-4 for long range of an M4 CCO (prefeable SD) or and M14 AIM

FN fal or M14 aim both at 8000 damage, last time i looked at Wiki.

Also never underestimate the Enfield.

Edited by DazTroyer

As you already know, the correct answer is indeed any M4 variant.

Easy to come by and more sexy than it's AK counterparts. While all the FN FALs and M14s have a greater stopping power, they also have smaller magazines and alarm hordes of zombaloids. With the M4 you have a tiny, hot package with 30 headshots or 15 double taps, it's also pretty silent, if you just use a bit cover to shield the sound for all directions.

Chicks love the M4!

Edited by Dallas