MrB34

The best feeling in Dayz

Before I get into the actual best feeling, let me start from the beggining.

So for the first time in about a week or so, i decided to hop on Dayz for about an hour. I was egar to get some quick action so i found a server with 48 players on it and hoped right in. When I spawned in, i ended up near balota and i was also about 100m from another survivor. Being the friendly person that I am, I talked to him a little and asked him where he was going. He said that he was headed to the airfield. I told him that I was too but I wanted to check an industrial area nearby. I head off to the industrial area and I don' find too much.

Now, my thirst indicator was getting a tad bit low and I was in need of a weapon so i hurried over to the airfield. To my surprise, I see not one, but two Hueys! On top of that, I see a SUV. The SUV, from what I could see, only had a tire or two missing! Seconds later I hear gun shots and the same person that I had spoken too before appeared in the death chat. This worried me. Did he get KoSed? Was he noob and not know how to handle zombies? Either way, I stayed put for about a few minutes. That is when I saw a guy messing around with one of the hueys. I wasn't sure if he was repairing it, or was just adding fuel. I thought that he may take off but eventually he just ran off.

After he had ran off, I decided that I would take my chances and see what I could find. I first headed to the hangers and the air control tower. I found some drinks and an AKM. The AKM only had one mag with it and that had to be used to save my hide from zombies. I then found an M1014 and decided to take that. After losing a lot of blood and patching myself up, I ran over to the industrial part of the airfield.

Upon entering one of the industrial buildings, I encoutered another survivor. I asked him if he was friendly. He didn't say anything, but he leaned left and right. I guess that was him trying to tell me that he was friendly. I let him be and checked the 2nd warehouse. In their I found two tires. Immediatly, I remembered the SUV and picked up one of the tires. If needed, I would be able to come back and get the other one.

Trying to repair the SUV was pretty tough. Everytime I got near the darn thing, the zombies ran me off as if they were the protectors of the SUV. After a few tries I had a clear shot at the SUV and was able to fix one tire. Fifteen minutes later and I had the second one on. I quickly hoped in, not evening knowing if it had gas. Thankfully, It had a quater of a tank. As it started to drive, I got a huge grin on my face. This was the first time I had ever fixed up a car and driven it off. It was truly, the best feeling I have ever had in DayZ.

For those of you who are still reading, I ended up refulling at a gas station, and headed up north. I eneded up stumbling into someone out in the middle of nowhere. He shot at me but the good'ol SUV took it like a champ. I drove off in fear and ended up hiding it and logging off. I want to also add that this was on a private hive with 500+ vehicles and other sorts of various tweaks. I know that what I did was really not that impressive but for me, It was almost an achievment of sorts. Hopefully when I log back in it will be there tomorrow. I won't be upset if its not. I honestly don't expect it to be.

So tell me everyone, what was the best feeling you have ever had in dayz? Thanks for reading :)

P.S. - It is 1:00 as I am writing this so I apologize for grammatical errors or just a lack of good writing. I am tired but this is an awesome expereience that I needed to share!

Edited by MrB34
  • Like 7

I think it is safe to say, for A LOT of people, fixing and flying first chopper.

Prior to that... would have to be my group of friends finding a bus. Which of course, was the first vehicle we ever found.

6 idiots in a bus without a care in the world.

Edited by Charb
  • Like 3

My best feeling in dayz is when i first started playing the mod, everything was exciting.

Now most of it's just...*meh*

Edited by GOD™
  • Like 3

The best feeling is finding someone's massive campsite and burning it to the ground. B)

• Like 1

The best feeling is finding someone's massive campsite and burning it to the ground. B)

I actually have yet to stumble upon a big campsite. One of these days, I am going to set out and look for one. Any tips on were to find them?

God damn I am jealous of new players--jealous of those who have no idea how to play the game, or who have only just started.

Those were the days.

• Like 4

I thank you for sharing your story, it was a good story to read. I also admire that you're a friendly player, and I congratulate you for fixing that SUV up. It reminds me of the first time I ever played DayZ I would never move away from the coast I would stay near the coastal towns like Elektro and Cherno, one day I was lucky enough to find my first vehicle, a green UAZ randomly sitting on the train tracks near Elektro. I ended up driving through Elektro looting and crashing five minutes after I crashed the car, but it was still a good feeling.

My favorite experience in DayZ happened at the North Western Airfield in a squad battle that I was caught up in during the middle of the night. I was lone wolfing, strolling around up north when I was going to look at the North Western Airfield for a better weapon I spotted one survivor run across the airfield followed by zombies. I tucked myself away in a tree trying to conceal my position, I watched the survivor carefully when I spotted a bandit come out of the same trees as he did. I thought it was over for the poor survivor but as the bandit got closer to the survivor I noticed the bandit wasn't taking shots. So I assumed they were in the same squad. I was contemplating moving out of my position to get away from the airfield when I spotted another player! Someone whereing a ghillie suit following them in there exact same footsteps. This made me weary about who was outside the airfield, and this was the first player contact I had received in days.

I made the hard decision to go over and try make friends with them, as I was walking over I heard a helicopter fly over the airfield and I was right in the middle of the field in an open position ready to be shot. As the helicopter flew over and I dived down I heard shots towards my position, so I crawled over to the nearest bush for cover. We were held up for quite some time, until I fired back with my m14 aim. This was probably a mistake considering zombies would have heard, and unfortunately they did and came hoarding towards my position. I shot each zombie down that was headed towards me until they were all gone. This was a major set back for me, considering they knew what general direction I was in. I had no choice but to move to another bush. That was when I was hearing more shots towards me, I identified them to be Winchester shots. Lucky all shots missed me and I was still alive.

I had managed to find a better bush to hide behind when I spotted a survivior sitting in the trees about 300 metres away, I got up and shot them dead. Luckily zombies didn't spot me, and my location was still concealed. Minutes later a helicopter flew over the airfield again, from the southern parts to the northern parts of the airfield, then turned back around dropping two survivior parachuters. I assumed they were in the same squad... but I was hearing shots from the same area the ghillie guy, and bandit were at towards the two parachuters. When the parachuters landed they were about 50-100 metres away from me, and that was a little too close for my liking. I shot both of the parachuters dead also, as I layed back down I spotted the ghillie suited man in the trees and took shots in his general direction and a death message appeared. I moved from my location to another bush and waited for atleast 20 minutes before moving again.

I thought the bandit may have left the area by that time and decided to check the two parachuters bodies, they had some pretty nice gear that I needed. I then moved towards the dead survivor and ghillie looting them and they seemed to be semi-geared up. Moments later shots were fired at me, I tucked myself in a tree again hiding from whoever was shooting at me. I was moving away from my position when I noticed a bandit in the trees, when I saw the bandit I immediately took shots at him. Not long after a death message appeared, and I moved in to loot the body. As with the ghillie and survivor he had nothing of value to me. So I moved out, finding a GAZ and I left the airfield completely.

That was probably my greatest DayZ experience, and it proves not only squads can have good experiences.

God damn I am jealous of new players--jealous of those who have no idea how to play the game, or who have only just started.

Those were the days.

Yeah, I remember the good ol' days, it was great.

Posts merged. -Inception.

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 1

Of course, the best moments are when you first join, and explore the forests, towns, villages. Find your first car or first weapon. For me the best moments are actually exploring. I go on a server, find food and water, map and then I go exploring. I don't go to military areas(well, sometimes.) But mostly I run around the forest, because its exciting. Especially on some maps, like Lingor, Taviana, Panthera Island. My top 5.

One of the best moments, I remember quite clearly is when I had found a M24 from the airfield, came back to Cherno, found a guy in a ghillie sniping over Cherno. Shot him quick and easy, took his gear. Of course he had killed me later one again when I was climbing down the ladder :P

My best feeling in dayz is when i first started playing the mod, everything was exciting.

Now most of it's just...*meh*

I'd have to agree with you, everything feels like it's been done. I miss being a DayZ bambi/n00b, time to smash my head against a wall and hope I forget.

Edit: It's like being a kid and wishing that you were an adult and when your an adult you wish you were a kid

Edited by Shrimpy223

I'd have to agree with you, everything feels like it's been done. I miss being a DayZ bambi/n00b, time to smash my head against a wall and hope I forget.

Edit: It's like being a kid and wishing that you were an adult and when your an adult you wish you were a kid

Hopefully the standalone will be different enough to get that feeling again for a while.

• Like 1

The best feeling i have ever had was when my friend was about to be shot by an bandit and i shot the guy with a lee enfield right in the side of the head.

My best moment was my finding my very first truck. I was just floating about Mogilevka trying to find a friend who was overlaying coordinates to me on Skype. I was fairly new, it was my third week of playing the mod. Me and him were set to raid the NE airfield, as there was a lesser chance of bandits there and we had a lot of time to spend. So I fixed the truck up, and I giggled over Skype that we had a "sweet new ride". After picking him up, me and him traversed almost the entire map on one of the most enjoyable road trips I've had yet. We met a few people, some friendly, some not. But the fun of it was getting to know the map, and the adventure of not knowing where I was or where I was headed.

The best Feeling in DayZ is sneaking and camping silently through that tall grass. Man, I love the ArmA grass!

The best feeling is sitting inside a tent (yes, you can actually prone into tents) on a rainy day, while a roaring campfire is burning.

• Like 1

I love it when i find a crash site. :)

I have to agree with this. Especially one that hasnt been looted