Sign in to follow this  
Jacquel

Bandit - Correct me if I am wrong

Hello all,

So I have been playing DayZ for about a total of 7 hours now. I want to become a bandit, but what I have noticed is that EVERYONE is some form of bandit. Every player I have come across either tries to axe me or just shot me on sight. That isn't the kind of bandit I want to be. So correct me if I am wrong but here is a list of my desired play style;

- Rob players, try to hold them up at gun point

- Don't just shoot everyone I see

- If a player tries to run away, shoot them in the legs rather than kill them

- Almost achieve a roleplay stance of how I interact with people

- Avoid Cherno and Elektro unless in dire need of something

I want to create a sense of fun and anguish among the people I rob. I want them to feel like they have actually been robbed, not just shot dead. Am I just wanting to much out of this game?

• Like 7

this is kind of a heroic bandit in a way.

dayz bandits tend to sit outside Chernogorsk/ electro with an as50

• Like 1

How I'd play: do not kill unarmed people, start a bandit group of real bandits not KoS CoD kiddies, holding people up, kill if a player is not friendly, and just be a bambi protector by killing camping snipers or bandits KoSing. I used to play like these shits that called themselves bandits now i am a friendly bandit/field medic in my own group of bandits.

• Like 1

I guess another question would be,does anyone know of servers that exist where people are KoS happy?

I guess another question would be,does anyone know of servers that exist where people are KoS happy?

Public ones...

Bandits in DayZ have resorted to shooting on site because of the growing numbers in the game, rather than doing what a typical bandit should do which entails robbing survivors when they encounter them, robbing tents and immobilizing other players vechicles. The word "friendly" means nothing now, if anything it means "Be my friend, so later on you can shoot me". A "real" bandit now will kill you on site, armed or unarmed, steal your items, hide your body and walk away. So I would say simply don't trust anyone.

• Like 1

Kind of a human thought experiment, though its been done before. The larger the numbers, the more people just resort to the quickest, least risk methods of protecting themselves. Thus everyone will kill everyone else on site, creating a world where there is no room for robbing, just indiscriminate killing.

Looks like you want to be a real bandit. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. There's a difference between a bandit and a griefer.

All my beans are belong to you, swell fellow.

Edit: Hey jac, I saw you in side-chat yesterday! My username was "Codename Frijoles". Remember me? :D

Edited by GotBeanZ
  • Like 1

i play on US69 DAYZMAXED and people are always friendly to me. Iv been given cars and helicopters there before :o

Looks like you want to be a real bandit. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. There's a difference between a bandit and a griefer.

All my beans are belong to you, swell fellow.

Edit: Hey jac, I saw you in side-chat yesterday! My username was "Codename Frijoles". Remember me? :D

Oh ya, you were on that server with the hacker spawning tanks and had an axe that fires minigun rounds right?

ive been on Dayz for maybe 5 months now and i feel like there are barely any good people. everyone seems to be a bandit. i am a sacrificial person, ive given alot to simple strangers, in my own risk, and i have been backstabbed, but i keep doing it. ive never been robbed, only shot.

Sorry, meant to say "aren't KoS happy"

My servers seem to have a nice balance with not much KoS ... They are hosted in Germany though so I am not sure if that is a problem for you. Shoot me a PM if you want the details ... I have both a public hive and a private hive.

Unfortunately this play-style doesn't work too well (at least when I've tried it) as players nowadays try to kill everything that moves, without hesitation.

I have to agree that KoS has gone a bit crazy recently. My friend and I got mindlessly KoS'd by 3 dicks near the Deer Stands north of Stary, they lost 1 person and 40,000 Humanity, and we lost our lives. It was crazy, just a unprovoked ambush against 2 Heroes. TBH I'd love to get their CD-Keys and give them away, so they could go back to CoD.

I have to agree that KoS has gone a bit crazy recently. My friend and I got mindlessly KoS'd by 3 dicks near the Deer Stands north of Stary, they lost 1 person and 40,000 Humanity, and we lost our lives. It was crazy, just a unprovoked ambush against 2 Heroes. TBH I'd love to get their CD-Keys and give them away, so they could go back to CoD.

"unprovoked ambush" lmfao

The Hero skin doesn't mean anything. You are your friend could have just been giving each other bloodbags while spooning in your tent.

I'm really beginning to sick of reading all this QQ about KoS.

Have you ever thought that for all those times that you haven't been shot is maybe because someone decided NOT to pull the trigger?

Killing new spawns is bad. I agree with everone on this...

But if you honestly think that people would be even remotely nice in a zombie apocalypse scenario then you are extremely naive. Take away the law and the fear of punishment and the extremely thin veneer of civility that people surround themselves with would dissapear quicker than a fully repaired huey in the middle of Cherno.

Edited by Victim187

The Hero skin doesn't mean anything. You are your friend could have just been giving each other bloodbags while spooning in your tent.

I'm really beginning to sick of reading all this QQ about KoS.

Have you ever thought that for all those times that you haven't been shot is maybe because someone decided NOT to pull the trigger?

Killing new spawns is bad. I agree with everone on this...

But if you honestly think that people would be even remotely nice in a zombie apocalypse scenario then you are extremely naive. Take away the law and the fear of punishment and the extremely thin veneer of civility that people surround themselves with would dissapear quicker than a fully repaired huey in the middle of Cherno.

Making assumptions about situations that will never happen makes you seem a bit... dim really. Nobody knows how anyone would react because it will never happen. The dead will never rise so who knows how we will react. I personally wouldn't start going around shooting everyone I saw for no reason...

Hello all,

So I have been playing DayZ for about a total of 7 hours now. I want to become a bandit, but what I have noticed is that EVERYONE is some form of bandit. Every player I have come across either tries to axe me or just shot me on sight. That isn't the kind of bandit I want to be. So correct me if I am wrong but here is a list of my desired play style;

- Rob players, try to hold them up at gun point

- Don't just shoot everyone I see

- If a player tries to run away, shoot them in the legs rather than kill them

- Almost achieve a roleplay stance of how I interact with people

- Avoid Cherno and Elektro unless in dire need of something

I want to create a sense of fun and anguish among the people I rob. I want them to feel like they have actually been robbed, not just shot dead. Am I just wanting to much out of this game?

I'm afraid video game mechanics just cannot support your desired playstyle. People don't fear dying in video games because of death. They fear it because of whatever consequences it brings according to the game. I would just shoot you while you were trying to communicate with me, because if I die...so what its a video game. If I kill you, I get to laugh at you for roleplaying.

Robbing while trying to keep the other player alive is silly because there isn't any motivation to stay alive other than to keep your gear. If someone is stealing your gear, why not try to kill them? What do you lose? You cannot run around with the assumption that many people will want to RP with you. I would probably die if someone said 'freeze, this is a robbery' or some such just because I would be laughing too hard to aim accurately.

Edited by Smith Comma John

The idea may not be perfect but the functionality will be tweaked in game by trail and error. What I am looking for is players that are willing to wade through the sh*t to find the golden nugget at the end... I want players willing to wait in hiding for up to or exceeding an hour for someone to fall upon our roadblock/ambush/trap. I want people willing to spend an hour or two stalking other players to wait for the right moment to strike. People that are willing to accept that some players are going to combat log. What I imagine will happen is we will end up having to kneecap every player we come across, not kill them just leave them wounded, take their stuff and leave them to the wild. If you are still interested... add me to steam, otkenny

This is how DayZ Banditry should go down; bullies becoming highwaymen when civilization falls apart.

But there are 2 problems:

1: If they have a gun, you can't very well rob them without sneaking up and saying "If you turn around I'll shoot." (Look up FrankieOnPcIn1080p to see this)

2: Shooting someone in the leg = killing them; if they don't bleed out, the zombies will get them.

Making assumptions about situations that will never happen makes you seem a bit... dim really. Nobody knows how anyone would react because it will never happen. The dead will never rise so who knows how we will react. I personally wouldn't start going around shooting everyone I saw for no reason...

My whole comment and you decided to focus on the words zombie and apocalypse and I'm dim?

Take away the law and the fear of punishment and the extremely thin veneer of civility that people surround themselves with would dissapear quicker than a fully repaired huey in the middle of Cherno.

That's the bit you should have been focused on instead of trying to be a smart ass.