galdis

Stuck at Debug Areas

I keep getting switched between debug forest and debug wilderness and I can't get out. I tried logging in this afternoon and found myself in debug wilderness, having logged out in the NWAF. After some forum lurking I managed to head SE until I hit a town. I logged out and back in to figure out which one it was and I ended up back in the debug wilderness. I then tried respawning which only put me right back where I started in the debug wilderness with all my gear. I simply don't know what to do at this point. I also seem to have a screwed playermodel... I'm wearing MARPAT but have no shadow except for my gun.

I tried reinstalling the mod, reinstalling the game, rebooting, everything. I don't know what to do. Even respawning was pointless. This new update already makes it impossible to join most servers and now this happens... Can I please get some assistance? I seem to now be stuck in the debug FOREST rather than wilderness.

I can't seem to spawn anywhere except debug areas.

Pics related. Shows the uniform my character was wearing, the lack of a shadow, and the location of the area on GPS. I have pics of my gear if the need arises. I just wanna play the game.

Here are pictures showing my inventory. My profile name is David and my ID is 17182342.

I DO NOT WANT A RE-SET. I JUST WANT MY SPAWN POINT FIXED SO I CAN PLAY.

I now seem to be stuck in debug forest, coordinates are 05 116.

i am also experiencing this exact same problem, ive even tried commiting suicide in these areas by throwing grenades and standing on them...but i dont die and respawning just sends me back into the debug area

i did once manage to make my way back to civilisation and went to meet up with a friend in electro on top of the hospital roof, we were both there but invisible to each other

i hope this gets fixed soon :(

same here, also i cannot see my character in 3rd person, and when im in first person im wearing marpat camo.

my shadow also does not appear except for my gun

im going to bump because i still have similar problems.......

same here' date=' also i cannot see my character in 3rd person, and when im in first person im wearing marpat camo.

my shadow also does not appear except for my gun

[hr']

im going to bump because i still have similar problems.......

Install the latest arma 2 beta patch and you won't be invisible

1. ensure you have AND ARE CORRECTLY RUNNING the latest Arma2 Client Beta (NB. this is DIFFERENT to dayz)

e.g. http://dayz.sykotix.com/arma-ii-beta-client-install/

2. if in the wilderness (NO TREES) and want to save your kit you need to get to the debug forest (WITH TREES) You need to connect to a 1.7.0 server (filter=1.7.0) to do this.

3. When in the debug forest (WITH TREES) and you can see yourself and the debug monitor is displayed, run 2KM EAST to get back to civilisation; your location should be saved ok at this time; try a server of choice (ONE THAT MATCHES YOUR dayz CLIENT, e.g. 1.7.1.1)

1. ensure you have AND ARE CORRECTLY RUNNING the latest Arma2 Client Beta (NB. this is DIFFERENT to dayz)

e.g. http://dayz.sykotix.com/arma-ii-beta-client-install/

2. if in the wilderness (NO TREES) and want to save your kit you need to get to the debug forest (WITH TREES) You need to connect to a 1.7.0 server (filter=1.7.0) to do this.

3. When in the debug forest (WITH TREES) and you can see yourself and the debug monitor is displayed' date=' run 2KM EAST to get back to civilisation; your location should be saved ok at this time; try a server of choice (ONE THAT MATCHES YOUR dayz CLIENT, e.g. 1.7.1.1)

[/quote']

My friend has this problem as well and he tried your way of solving it, but it didn't work. He keeps spawning in debug plains on 1.7.0 servers too.

He has latest beta client correctly installed.

I love how I said I reinstalled everything and everyone tells me to reinstall everything.

Some "support" forum, this dev team clearly doesn't want people to play their game...

It seems to be a steam version issue. I have the box version and have been playing for about a month and I have never been in debug yet. All threads on this issue I have read seem be steam versions of the game. By the box version......

^ nah - steam is a red-herring; it happened to me last week with retail games. I'd just updated to a new version, tried a couple of servers and ended up in the wilderness; I either joined a wrong server or just had a data corruption.

NB. "debug forest" fix is on Monday (1.7.2).

Re. the lack of support, the game is in early development so players take a big risk trying it out. We're really testers. You either play and accept bugs or don't bother.

It seems to be a steam version issue. I have the box version and have been playing for about a month and I have never been in debug yet. All threads on this issue I have read seem be steam versions of the game. By the box version......

I have since gotten my version to work... although you are correct, if we all had the box version this would be so much simpler. Of course I understand that we're the testers but showstopping bugs like this should be addressed, as I would hope it is.