Sign in to follow this  
eltors0

Cars, cars, cars

The amount of cars within a vanilla DayZ server is rather unsatisfactory. It is quite common that the only vehicles are stashed far far away in the hills, typically filling the role of a mobile storage never to be seen. Now this is not another thread just bitching for more fully useable, ready to go vehicles being scattered commonly across the map for survivors to travel with ease. I suggest that vehicles should not be a rarity to encounter along the roads of the map, but the scarcity of finding parts to repair them should be increased or reworked to where some parts are not compatible with certain car models, damaged scavenged parts, etc. etc. Also, having cars scattered along the roads of Chenarus brings another dynamic to looting. The idea of looting abandoned, stripped cars for food or simple first aid fits the atmosphere of DayZ, and would work well with how the SA is going to approach looting. Hell, what if some vehicles set off car alarms that could aggro a horde of zeds or give your position away to others. That would add some excitement to the process of looting, especially since the is nothing at the moment that makes looting dangerous (like how easy it is to run a building full speed and loot away while zeds suffer a speed reduction. Now this is off topic, but building on the previous idea, what about adding certain "traps" within buildings such as a cheeky floor board or security alarm or alarm clock that once triggered causes a horde to come, but make it where the player can avoid it through careful evaluation of the area.) Again, I want to stress that I am not suggesting that there should be easy access to a mode of transportation. Thoughts?

• Like 2

I kind of skimmed over the main points of the post (have to get back to A3 Alpha) but I would support more non-functioning cars as loot spawns. The problem is that more cars can impact performance, and then you'd probably have people complaining about the abundance of useless cars. The traps idea is a good one, but there would have to be an element of randomness to them to prevent people from quickly learning how to get by them and never bothering again.

Agree to that part with car parts , that there should be more variations of e.g. engine parts or car wheels and so on , becaose it will make players to scavenge more and bring more realism and thats good , but i dont agree that the vehicles shouldnt be rarity .

The excitment and thrill that you have found a car in the middle of nowhere/forest would be gone .

(like how easy it is to run a building full speed and loot away while zeds suffer a speed reduction.)

Off-topic or not, but zombies will not be slowed down in the Standalone. I believe the "speed reduction" is only there because of the AI in ARMA 2.

Agree to that part with car parts , that there should be more variations of e.g. engine parts or car wheels and so on , becaose it will make players to scavenge more and bring more realism and thats good , but i dont agree that the vehicles shouldnt be rarity .

The excitment and thrill that you have found a car in the middle of nowhere/forest would be gone .

I think it would be more exciting to find a car that has the potential or is functional out of a plethora of cars scattered along the road. Another thing I was thinking about was that increasing the amount of cars or the chance of a pile up of cars on the main/developed roads could make it where players would have to choose between the undeveloped but potentially safer back roads versus the developed roads that require alertness to avoid potential hazards such as road blocks or other players since these roads are common land marks for navigation. Something like that could easily influence many of the features of what the SA is trying to accomplish, especially the aspect of survivalism and also give players a reward for taking the roads less travelled.

Everywhere you walk is hazardous area , roads or forest . Actualy when you have car it is more likely you get killed . I was nearly killed near the lake north of gvozdno where nothing spawns . Sometimes its safe to run thru sobor at 60km/h and sometimes safer to take the back routes . You cant command other players where to move nor choose which road is less or more frequent , more hazardous or more safer . The only things I pray they will do when speaking of vehicles in SA :

- random vehicle spawns

- different variatons of car parts

- chance of car parts failure

Many more cars, with 90% of them not working when you find them, and reduced fuel and car part spawns.