Sign in to follow this  
Phineas

Really bad ideas that suck!

• Jump. I really hate it when I cannot jump in an FPS. To me, spacebar == jump. If WASD is cannon, then spacebar is jump. What if David Lee Roth starts urging me? Get it and crouch! Crouch! I understand some of the larger backpacks make jumping difficult, and this is a realistic sim, but... jump.
  • Bust a move. I've seen the dancing dying death animations as done but the elisive but everywhere hackers. Yet saluting seems more silly than illustrating your friedlyness than busting a move in the apocolypse. Young MC would be proud.
  • More vehicles! Scarcity encourages hoarding IRL, hacking (nee duping) in 'replicators exist' land. More vehicles == less shenanigans. If I have to learn another 20 keyboard commands to drive, let me drive.
  • Ride them horses. Satifies not only more vehicles, but presents a unique vehicle that is refuled with water bottles and wood piles and has blood. Can kill for meat. Consider the dynamic.
  • Fix the girls. No camo/ghillie? Are you nuts?
  • Opt to spawn next to someone. If they kill you fine, but you could start with a partner too.

Add your own really crappy idea!

Sounds like you want the game to be more gay.... This forum needs more saxton hale and less jumping.

If they suck, why post them?

If they suck, why post them?

Reverse psychology got you to read it. Want a horse?

Sounds like you want the game to be more gay.... This forum needs more saxton hale and less jumping.

Too old for gay jokes, don't know Saxton Hale either. I asked for ideas!

Reverse psychology got you to read it. Want a horse?

I read virtually every thread someone posts, when I'm online. So the title could've been "Abergywergywoo" and I would've clicked it.

• Like 2

Remove zombies, they ruin the immersion.

Besides, what good zombie game actually has zombies in it? I thought so.

• Like 2

I read virtually every thread someone posts, when I'm online. So the title could've been "Abergywergywoo" and I would've clicked it.

This is true.

Jump. I really hate it when I cannot jump in an FPS. To me, spacebar == jump. If WASD is cannon, then spacebar is jump.

No jump! People only want jumping when they're used to jumping in other games. Seriously, how often do people jump in real life...

This is true.

This guy is talking from experience.

This guy is talking from experience.

;)

We still got to play that game of CSS

Jump.

We have a Combat Roll.

Bust a move.

Dancepocalypse 2013? Okay...

More vehicles!

Sir, are you out of your mind?

Ride them horses.

Neutral.

Fix the girls.

*Giggle*... Er, I mean yes. :P

Opt to spawn next to someone.

No. Just no.

Edited by GotBeanZ

No jump! People only want jumping when they're used to jumping in other games. Seriously, how often do people jump in real life...

ME all the time, why? BECAUSE I CAN. But jumping in game or no won't do much any way...

Regarding The jumping, I don't want to See people Bunnyhop in this Game.

(Jumping with a backpack on isn't that easy)

But what I would like to See is another method of vaulting, One where you don't have to stand still and allow "Zombies" to chew on your Butt.

Because in reallity I am pretty sure I won't have to Slow-vault over a chest High obstacle.

So a kind of jumping Animation would be nice to get over fences quickly .. Make it Not exploitable by giving it a cooldown.

6 sec or so to recover completely, you have The possibility to do it sooner (3sec), but your dude gets exhausted and The Time to complete cooldownness Goes up to 24.

And so on .. The Short One Doubles and The complete One quadrouples (max. 5-6 jumps)

PS.: Sorry if this Post is completely incomprehensible, but it is quite early and Tiping on a mobilephone sucks ^^

Edited by UmBe

How would you know not to shoot the girls if they have a ghillie suit on?

By the hills and valleys.

More vehicles!

Sir, are you out of your mind?

My good man, vehicular accidents are the number one cause of death for well adjusted healthy people.

That's us.

Well I appreciate the feedback. You may have my beans.

All the no jump arguments are fair, but I would jump a gap, jump up a ledge, jump a fence even. However jumping causes fatigue and you can run and run but you only breathe hard, there are no fatigue effects other than passing out and watching a crude hourglass.

When I heard WarZ made you wait 4 hours I lolled. :lol:

Remove zombies, they ruin the immersion.

Besides, what good zombie game actually has zombies in it? I thought so.

Maybe that's ArmA 3 Wasteland.

Add your own really crappy idea!

More story driven spawn points. Like in downed helis (no loot) or in over turned cars. Spawning in bed, in a cabin out in the woods next to a blood soaked stain where your wife used to be... or an apartment downtown with a trail of blood leading out the door. Even maybe a spawn point in a jail cell (all cell doors unlocked). A hospital spawn where you awake from a coma/recover from illness much like 28 days later. Something with a sense of what took place moments before, instead of just appearing in the woods running randomly with no idea where you came from and how you got there.

This could also be interesting if these spawn points were adjusted according to humanity. A hero type would spawn in a hospital or in the back of a wrecked ambulance with access to blood bags and/or bandages, a bandit would be sent to jail to respawn. The worse his humanity the worse his starting point when he respawns. Perhaps in a cell at the far end of the prison, outfitted in bright orange jumpsuit with access to maybe a shank he finds in the prison yard while escaping. Or treading water a half mile out to sea. Something just slightly more crappy than usual.

Not everyone would spawn at these places, just the players with extreme levels of humanity at time of death. Knowing your respawn will be a slightly bigger pain in the butt might reduce players going straight PvP all the time. Not with the intent of changing the game for players but just enough to add atmosphere and back story for your player and cause someone to think before killing that unarmed fresh spawn.

• Like 2

More story driven spawn points. Like in downed helis (no loot) or in over turned cars. Spawning in bed, in a cabin out in the woods next to a blood soaked stain where your wife used to be... or an apartment downtown with a trail of blood leading out the door. Even maybe a spawn point in a jail cell (all cell doors unlocked). A hospital spawn where you awake from a coma/recover from illness much like 28 days later. Something with a sense of what took place moments before, instead of just appearing in the woods running randomly with no idea where you came from and how you got there.

This could also be interesting if these spawn points were adjusted according to humanity. A hero type would spawn in a hospital or in the back of a wrecked ambulance with access to blood bags and/or bandages, a bandit would be sent to jail to respawn. The worse his humanity the worse his starting point when he respawns. Perhaps in a cell at the far end of the prison, outfitted in bright orange jumpsuit with access to maybe a shank he finds in the prison yard while escaping. Or treading water a half mile out to sea. Something just slightly more crappy than usual.

Not everyone would spawn at these places, just the players with extreme levels of humanity at time of death. Knowing your respawn will be a slightly bigger pain in the butt might reduce players going straight PvP all the time. Not with the intent of changing the game for players but just enough to add atmosphere and back story for your player and cause someone to think before killing that unarmed fresh spawn.

i've always wanted story driven spawn points.

but if rocket dosent like it it wont be in the SA.

DayZ would be a perfect game if it had some sort of storyline.

Edited by GOD™

I like the unique spawn point idea. Not so much penalize humanity, but just the idea of waking up in different places.

Don't fix the girls bcuz i want to bfriend all teh gurlz cuz im a horny bastardjdigbenlakbihjdfl;khjfdhkjdbalhjberhd

Wow I actually like Tunusa's suggestion a lot. It should really have it's own thread.

Horses would be a sick ass end game goal. Screw trying to fix up a helicopter, try and catch a wild horse!

I like the unique spawn point idea. Not so much penalize humanity, but just the idea of waking up in different places.

Same.