Sign in to follow this  
CreepySalad

Inventive to stay alive. (Share thread.)

I was thinking a week permadeath kinda deal.

It would probably make a lot of people angry, but when they came back, they would have incentive to not die. I don't want to be banned for a week, so I'll be careful next time. (standalone only. Too many glitches and scripters now)

Share your own ideas, and judge. I just personally want to feel afraid when I'm bring shot at.

I think this would cause even more KOS.

The average survival time is like what, 1.1 hours? and you want to ban people for a week?

Who would pay for that game, a masochist?

I think losing all of your stuff and having to relocate (which can take in excess of 30 min) is punishment enough.

Plus nobody would be playing the game except for the people who hide in the woods like hermits. Everyone would be banned.

And everyone would go bandit. There would be no "friendly?" it would be chaos.

It would make for really boring gameplay. IMO

I think this would cause even more KOS.

I don't think it would. I think it would cause people to work together a bit more.

No one would want to die, and working together would help that.

The average survival time is like what, 1.1 hours? and you want to ban people for a week?

Who would pay for that game, a masochist?

I think losing all of your stuff and having to relocate (which can take in excess of 30 min) is punishment enough.

Plus nobody would be playing the game except for the people who hide in the woods like hermits. Everyone would be banned.

And everyone would go bandit. There would be no "friendly?" it would be chaos.

It would make for really boring gameplay. IMO

Well I think it would add a lot more to the game. Most bandits want stuff.

With this element, there will be other ways to get stuff from other players rather than killing them.

Things you can't do now, because losing all your stuff is basically dying.

For example, mugging. If you want someone's stuff, you could walk up to him, and point your gun at him, and make him give you his stuff.

Now, if you do that, he'll fight back, because he has nothing to lose. If you take his stuff, he's basically dead, so why not fight back?

More people would work together to not die, because no one would want to. I think it would cause a huge drop in KOS, and a large boost in teamwork.

There would be a higher chance of players feeling guilty for murder as well. I remember the first player I killed in Day Z. I felt guilty for a little while, then moved along, and eventually became a bandit.

The first person I killed in that month permadeath Minecraft sever a long time ago, though, made me feel kinda bad for a while. He survived for 2 months too ;~;.

Anyway, I just think it would be kinda great, and add more caution needed to play the game.

Edited by CreepySalad

I get the impression that permadeath would result in people shooting on sight more, as to avoid being the one who has to sit out of DayZ for a week.

But to be honest, no-one would truely know until it was actually implemented.

I do, however, feel there needs to be more value attached to each individual life you play. It's just a matter of discovering the correct mechanic to make this a general mindset. I don't think permadeath is it though, imo.

I don't think it would. I think it would cause people to work together a bit more.

Really? What about griefer teams that knew about the one week ban? Their goal would be to kill everyone they saw so they could get as many players banned as possible.

If anything it should be equal to the average survival time. long enough for the body to despawn, and keeping you from running back and killing whoever killed you from the spawn.

• Like 1

a how about a 1.2 hour ban with 2 years next to it

Really? What about griefer teams that knew about the one week ban? Their goal would be to kill everyone they saw so they could get as many players banned as possible.

People do that anyway. They obviously don't care about the game as much, as they're not worried about death.

I am disliking that "griefing"argument.

They're using fair means to kill you for their enjoyment. They're not really GRIEFERS, they're just sickos. I think they'd be lower, the amount of griefers.

People do that anyway. They obviously don't care about the game as much, as they're not worried about death.

I am disliking that "griefing"argument.

They're using fair means to kill you for their enjoyment. They're not really GRIEFERS, they're just sickos. I think they'd be lower, the amount of griefers.

Less griefers? are you serious?

Have you ever played one of the hardcore servers on minecraft that ban you for a week/ permanently?

They just want to ruin other peoples' experiences.

People think its hilarious to make players rage, You're suggestion would give them a golden ticket.

Edit* I do like the incentive to stay alive idea, I just think a timed ban is the wrong way to go about it.

Edited by jacksgrin

Less griefers? are you serious?

Have you ever played one of the hardcore servers on minecraft that ban you for a week/ permanently?

They just want to ruin other peoples' experiences.

People think its hilarious to make players rage, You're suggestion would give them a golden ticket.

Edit* I do like the incentive to stay alive idea, I just think a timed ban is the wrong way to go about it.

Yeah, I played on those servers, and made a large group with dudes. We had a battle with a group who kept stealing our stuff.

It was very cool, and a lot of teamwork was involved.

The best part about making people angry is seeing them be angry.

You can't do that with permadeath.