Sign in to follow this  
/rne

more options of (basic) communication

Hey.

i thought of ways to communicate with other survivors and the only thing you can do right now is speak to them via (voice)chat.

if side channel is disabled they even have to be near you and online at the same time. more possibilities would be much appreciated.

things i would suggest:

- pieces of chalk or coal could be used to write or draw on walls or streets

these messages shouldnt stay that long, at the latest when it rains they should be washed away.

i think of basic drawings and signs like arrows, signs for danger, numbers and so on.

open your backpack, right-click your chalk/coal/whatever and choose a sign, then it would appear under or infront of you and in the same direction you are facing.

im not sure about writing something down because there are always people who would try to spam or write offensive messages but having a feature like this would bring endless possibilites, so think about it.

obviously writing with coal would result in black drawings, chalk would be white.

i think this is even right now very useful, if they will add dynamic events like huge swarms of zeds wandering it will be essential.

- for longer lasting or even permanent markings spray cans could be added (in different colours)

the technique to use them would be the same but they would last much longer. however, there should be a way to remove them with another item.

you also could use them to mark vehicles with numbers, letters, signs ....

- in addition to flares and chemlights i would like luminous pistol (no idea if thats the name, google translator told me ;) )

a rare loot item which can be found in military buildings. shoot it into the sky to create a bright light and a loud sound (visible and hearable at least 1km in all directions). it should (especially at night) atract lots of zeds.

i think there are some more ways to communicate which could be implemented, these were only a few basic and easy ones.

please excuse my english-

- pieces of chalk or coal could be used to write or draw on walls or streets

If you read this i am already aiming at your head...

LOL

it could be fun to do that. but i dont think it should be censored. infact id draw a huge penis on a wall.

it could be fun to do that. but i dont think it should be censored. infact id draw a huge penis on a wall.

And that's why it won't be added.

And that's why it won't be added.

so you need to censor it.

i think it would still be pretty useful if you got some basic shapes like arrows, numbers, zombies, maybe a sniperrifle, a skull and an exclamation mark

oh and also some shapes for different weapons/vehicles and a dollar sign would be nice to start trading

Edited by /rne