Jgut90

Admin Banned on US 3542

So I was currently playing on this server and when I was just running to a city I got admin banned.

I just want an answer and a reason why I was banned the admin's reason was "HACK MUCH".

Can you provide any proof or log that I was hacking? I'm absolutely sure you cannot.

Thank you for your time.

Some admins are just jerks.

Seen noobs getting banned for finding a weapon, they just didn't know couldn't spawn there, because the admin said the gun was hacked.

I myself was accused of hacking several times, because some guy shot at me 3x and was convinced that he hit me all 3 times but I had to be a hacker because I'm still alive. Luckily never combined with a douche-admin who gave into that. But there is a lot of paranoia out there.

Just look on twitch. whenever a stream has an error, for whatever reason, the chats are spammed with "ddos???" lines. People = stupid.

• Like 1

Per Day Z, we as server admins no longer have any rules that we must follow. So it is irrelevant to have proof or anything. But you were banned because there was a hacker, and you were suspected as being him. We have no proof, but merely suspect. And that was enough for us as we are relentlessly hacked everyday. Find a different server, or host your own.

Per Day Z, we as server admins no longer have any rules that we must follow. So it is irrelevant to have proof or anything. But you were banned because there was a hacker, and you were suspected as being him. We have no proof, but merely suspect. And that was enough for us as we are relentlessly hacked everyday. Find a different server, or host your own.

Personally, I understand why you are doing it. Especially on private servers, the owner has the right to make the rules.

As I am seeing a trend tough, I would recommend to rethink on wether your priority is to give as many true players a good gaming experience as possible or having no hacker on your server. Once a server has a certain reputation, about not giving a shit about his users, there wont be any people going there, but even more hackers be attracted, as they might think the server-admins deserve it more than others.

I am not saying, that this is how it has to turn out, but there is a certain risk involved, when berserking against hackers, that the collateral damage might harm the community of your servers.

You, of course, have the right to do whatever you want with the server. you can close it, password-protect it or change it to host another game at any time you want. But if your goal is to provide a home for many happy players for a long time, I do not think bashing every suspect without mercy is the best way to do so.

thx if you consider it,but ignore it if you don't agree. It's just my opinion.

Edited by liquidmind
  • Like 2

This is not the opinion of all Server Admins ... I recommend you find a server with Admins who have a different outlook on hosting a server.

• Like 1

Personally, I understand why you are doing it. Especially on private servers, the owner has the right to make the rules.

As I am seeing a trend tough, I would recommend to rethink on wether your priority is to give as many true players a good gaming experience as possible or having no hacker on your server. Once a server has a certain reputation, about not giving a shit about his users, there wont be any people going there, but even more hackers be attracted, as they might think the server-admins deserve it more than others.

I am not saying, that this is how it has to turn out, but there is a certain risk involved, when berserking against hackers, that the collateral damage might harm the community of your servers.

You, of course, have the right to do whatever you want with the server. you can close it, password-protect it or change it to host another game at any time you want. But if your goal is to provide a home for many happy players for a long time, I do not think bashing every suspect without mercy is the best way to do so.

thx if you consider it,but ignore it if you don't agree. It's just my opinion.

Well said, all my beans are yours! It is sad to hear this from admins, hackers must be falling off their chairs laughing their asses off. Before you know it every individual will just be playing on their own server.

• Like 3

Change your server name to stop confusing people then, US xxx is a public style name.

Also, having no proof and banning anyway is a lame excuse. Your server is managed poorly and if anyone can be banned at any time simply because you assume something I don't think your server would be very fun to play on.

Edited by disorder
  • Like 1

My server is on the public hive. Day z staff have clearly stated that the rules for server admins dont exist anymore and are not enforced. I could lock my public server, ban who I want, and otherwise do what I need to do. Now I dont lock my server or abuse any of that crap, but if I feel the server would be a bit safer even without proof I will drop a ban now. Clearly been stated throughout these forums that I can now. Even the hosts are dishing out packages for the public servers that were only reserved for private hives now.

I have no proof you were the hacker, and I did not submit anything to the community ban list or whatever because I banned you on mere suspicion. I havent seen you around on the server either. So I doubt you lost much. We had a pretty full server at that time. Banning a suspected hacker and saving the server from grief is will worth it in my opinion.

My server is on the public hive. Day z staff have clearly stated that the rules for server admins dont exist anymore and are not enforced. I could lock my public server, ban who I want, and otherwise do what I need to do. Now I dont lock my server or abuse any of that crap, but if I feel the server would be a bit safer even without proof I will drop a ban now. Clearly been stated throughout these forums that I can now. Even the hosts are dishing out packages for the public servers that were only reserved for private hives now.

I have no proof you were the hacker, and I did not submit anything to the community ban list or whatever because I banned you on mere suspicion. I havent seen you around on the server either. So I doubt you lost much. We had a pretty full server at that time. Banning a suspected hacker and saving the server from grief is will worth it in my opinion.

Well I'm sorry sir, I am not the suspected hacker/scripter you are looking for. If you would be so kind to unban me that would be great.

May I ask why I was suspected of hacking? You can ask the guys at BMRF #1 DayZ server (I am currently whitelisted there) to give you evidence that I am not a hacker/scripter.

Well I'm sorry sir, I am not the suspected hacker/scripter you are looking for. If you would be so kind to unban me that would be great.

May I ask why I was suspected of hacking? You can ask the guys at BMRF #1 DayZ server (I am currently whitelisted there) to give you evidence that I am not a hacker/scripter.

Haha because he doesn't know how to read the log files... :D Bans on suspicion arent supported by any evidence, cause there is none..

• Like 1