Sign in to follow this  
overlander35

FPS Problems

Hi everyone. I always played DayZ and Arma 2 Combined Ops on everything maxed out and got around 60 FPS in Cherno (This was like a month or two ago). Now, I have terrible fps errors and get like 5 fps on full settings. I have a beast self-build computer and have updated drivers. Please help!

Comp Specs:

i7 3770k

ASUS -P8Z77-V Pro

Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 7970

16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz

Samsung 830 256GB SSD

WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD

OCZ ZX Series 850W PSU

I don't want to lower my graphic settings and play like crap.

Edited by overlander35

I blame your processor; Not because it's a bad one, but because most other people coming here with FPS problems also seem to have an i7 processor of some kind. I only have an i5-3570k, GTX 670 and 8GB of RAM and I'm doing fine with maxed out settings.

i have an fx-8350 and gtx 560 ti and i run ultra wihtout lag too :)

i have an fx-8350 and gtx 560 ti and i run ultra wihtout lag too :)

Implying the quality option "Ultra" exists.

I have been getting tech problems since around November, pretty much replaced my whole pc and only have the PSU left. I know this probably sounds daft to most people but I think its solar winds or some kind of sun activity. It is peaking around this time according to some science types and I've heard it has an effect on electronics and old wiring. I have also noticed blurry/laggy LCD's on at least 3 different computers so I believe something is up atm. There have been lots of bad fps threads too, so they must be connected.

Edited by disorder

I have been getting tech problems since around November, pretty much replaced my whole pc and only have the PSU left. I know this probably sounds daft to most people but I think its solar winds or some kind of sun activity. It is peaking around this time according to some science types and I've heard it has an effect on electronics and old wiring. I have also noticed blurry/laggy LCD's on at least 3 different computers so I believe something is up atm. There have been lots of bad fps threads too, so they must be connected.

I had this problem until I realigned my PC with the local ley lines. DayZ really needs a holistic approach to computing.

• Like 1

Hhhmm, I honestly can't think of what the issue might be, try messing around with your settings. Whats too high, whats too low, and make sure you have the latest versions of Arma, OA and Dayz.

Yeah something's going wrong somewhere. I have an old dual core with 4gb ram and a much older graphics card, and I get 40fps almost constantly. Not amazing by any means, but certainly decent for such an old computer.

Arma2 and Dayz is a weird beast that enjoys a great and quick hard drive. Have you tried using Ramdisk? The speeds from the virtual hard drive are better than most/anything on the market, and many people see on average a 15+ fps boost, while also removing any shakes and 'judderyness'.

Sorry my english, i am brazilian. I have a config like you. I7 3770k - 4.6 GHz. MSI R7970 lightning. 16 GB RAM Gskill 1600. Ocz vertex 4 SSD. PSU Ocz zx1250, motherboard Asus Maximum V Formula. Last version of drivers.

, arma and dayz and have same issue. A round 20 to 30 FPS in cherno with medium settings. Can not play in very high. My arma and dayz are not in my ssd, they are on a diferent hd, not on ssd

Edited by eduvm

For me everything was fixed with a different server.. 3 servers in a row I saw pretty heavy FPS drops inside populated cites, but the last server I joined was fine.. no more issues and its 47/50.

Hope that might help some of you?